Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default more freeview upstairs

we have 2 tvs with built in freeview,,the one upstairs picks up many more channels than the one downstairs
    i have one cable coming into the loft to a booster/splitter
    ive checked the connections etc and all seems fine there
    without disconnecting the upstairs tv and trying it on the downstairs feed,is there anything else i can do ?
    thanks
    The control of information is the consolidation of power

?I care not what puppet is placed on the throne of England to rule the Empire. The man who controls Britain?s money supply controls the British Empire and I control the British money supply.? ? Nathan Rothschild

IF I HELPED HIT THE THANKS BUTTON

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    550 Posts

switching the feeds over will tell if its a bad connection so problem will change,signal may be lower on one side.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Also consider that sometimes a booster can over modulate the signal causing channel loss on a TV thats not as tolerant to an over modulated signal. If TV reception in your area is strong you might not actually need a booster to split the signal, a splitter alone might be all you need.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nibblitz View Post
    Also consider that sometimes a booster can over modulate the signal causing channel loss on a TV thats not as tolerant to an over modulated signal. If TV reception in your area is strong you might not actually need a booster to split the signal, a splitter alone might be all you need.
    my brother in law who installs sat tv etc checked with a meter and said the signal; is so poor in my area that even with a booster i might struggle to get any channels,i have the same problem with DAB radio,cant get a lot
    anyway we installed the booster run new coax to 4 rooms upstairs,with no sets in use and then one coax downsatirs,so theres was only 1 set actually using the signal,switched on and he was amazed to see that we were picking anything up,done the scan etc and that was that until another tv with freeview was purchased and plugged in upstairs,,we then noticed it was picking up more channels than downstairs
    tomorrow im going to bring that set downstairs and try it on that feed and see what it picks up,this should rule out a dodgy feed etc,,i shall report back

?I care not what puppet is placed on the throne of England to rule the Empire. The man who controls Britain?s money supply controls the British Empire and I control the British money supply.? ? Nathan Rothschild

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

what was the out come?
    press the thanks button if i helped

its free

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by yorkslad View Post
    what was the out come?
    havent had chance to remove the tv from upstairs yet
    grumpy hormonal teenager wont let me !!

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    550 Posts

is it not easier to swap 2 leads over than to carry tv upstairs?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cactikid View Post
    is it not easier to swap 2 leads over than to carry tv upstairs?
    after just reading your previous post i understand what you mean now,,ok i need to go up in the loft and switch them around in the booster,job for tomorrow

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    94 Posts

Cable i used to be a sky instaler.Make sure you are using sat quality cable for all your coax runs. This will help to maximise your signal strength. Make sure all you rf plugs are well made too.