Register
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

hi

can we try to keep this thread about clone duo,s please not running each other down as it says good or bad at the start i ment about clone duo,s not people
    Last edited by potrobber; 2nd February, 2012 at 03:29 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Thanks for the input potrobber,
    How is the remote control on the vu, is it similar to the dreamboxes , where they need to be almost always directly aligned with the sensor
    cheers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

hi trance

i just checked and about 80-90 degrees angle from box and control works ok

the controller is fine and alot better to use than dm controllers more user friendly as i said in other posts cant fault these boxs yet for performance

just one with the display that had moved in shipping but took 5 mins to sort

still a good twin tuner box
    Last edited by potrobber; 3rd February, 2012 at 09:30 AM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by trance View Post
    How is the remote control on the vu, is it similar to the dreamboxes , where they need to be almost always directly aligned with the sensor
    cheers
    i dont know about the clones but with a original you can turn it around and point it backwards and it will still work.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

just checked there rubberduck and it will work backwards up to 2.5mts from box and about 6-7mts normal direction so seems not bad for distance

and i dont think there will be to many need to use it backwards

you for sure have put vu to the test when trying controllers backwards

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by trance View Post
    cheers
    In all honesty cant say I have had any issue with my DM clones with the remotes. never need to be directly in line to the sensor and have been able to use my remote from some distance (at the table in the kitchen, receiver in the livingroom. obviously not through walls but theres sight through the door) Suppose it all depends on the supplier of the receiver some remotes may be thrown together others more care are put in to them.

Rest In Peace Michael Mcharg, A true friend and although gone never forgotten. 11-10-08.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

good stuff, if the vu duo clone remote works backwards than all should be good
    In my experience the dm500 is the worst , with the dm800 a bit better, if there is a table or any obstruction in the way then there is probs, [ not like your tv etc, which works regardless. obstruction or not] my only gripe with the dreambox

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

HI,

I'm interested in getting the VU+ Duo Clone aswell. The only thing I'm worried about though is that it would fail within a few months or a year. Is there any warranty if that happens on the clones?

I've found one here for ?216 (?198) and ?25 for shipping from Hong Kong. Does anyone know of any other reliable places cheaper than this. What Chinese supplier did you use potrobber?

VU+ PRO DOU Clone [VU+Dou] - ?198.22 : Dreambox, Clone Satellite Shop

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

hi m8

nextbay.biz was only 204 inc delivery

i dont think you would have much warranty on these boxs from china but i could be wrong you would be paying for postage back to china to start with

unlike the uk boxs where the retailer has to stand over 2 year warranty and this is where the extra 110 pounds comes into effect

the uk supply is giving 1 year warranty on clone boxs which might be ok but no one will know for sure until its needed

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

Thought you knew a UK supplier for these mate selling at ?200?

Rest In Peace Michael Mcharg, A true friend and although gone never forgotten. 11-10-08.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by garry1312 View Post
    Thought you knew a UK supplier for these mate selling at ?200?
    garry i do but that is where i ordered my first one from china and the price it cost just to show him there is cheaper in china than the price he was given

i have sent david pm of uk seller this morning when i got his pm

also if you look at what i wrote ot bottom it says about uk supplier

the uk supply is giving 1 year warranty on clone boxs which might be ok but no one will know for sure until its needed

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

Was speaking to who I use in China for my receivers this morning and they are still not selling the Duo said it is still not right yet and they will not be selling it until certain issues are resolved.

So personally I wont touch it to put it through my paces until they are selling it as I have bought tonnes of receivers from them and never had a single faulty one or any issue what so ever.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by garry1312 View Post
    Was speaking to who I use in China for my receivers this morning and they are still not selling the Duo said it is still not right yet and they will not be selling it until certain issues are resolved.

So personally I wont touch it to put it through my paces until they are selling it as I have bought tonnes of receivers from them and never had a single faulty one or any issue what so ever.
    well surly they must have told you what issues these are ? i cant see you not wanting to know

maybe the same as the dm800,s with the large heatsinks that you have to take a hacksaw to to fit a harddrive or fans that are so loud you cant here the tv

come on m8 tell us the issues

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

yoaxin is selling them for 193 inc delivery

dc
    Wavefield Ds 55cm at 13E 19E and 28E receiving everything out there on 2 dm800hd

previous life dm800hd and 500c on cable screw you nag3

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by potrobber View Post
    well surly they must have told you what issues these are ? i cant see you not wanting to know

maybe the same as the dm800,s with the large heatsinks that you have to take a hacksaw to to fit a harddrive or fans that are so loud you cant here the tv

come on m8 tell us the issues
    All I got told was issues mate when I asked what I was told software, when I tried to find out more was like banging my head against a brick wall. All I am saying is I dont get clones from anywhere else as the quality that comes from there is outstanding, I have purchased loads of receivers from them for myself and others without ever having any issue. I also on here recommend them to other users on a weekly basis who have never had a issue with them. So in my opinion if I was to buy one of these it would be from there and if there not selling it and dont think it is ready then I will take there word for it as they have never let me down and they take pride in the quality.

I would not touch Yaoxin used them once received 3-4 receivers out of 5 in the one order that were faulty.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast