Register

View Poll Results: Should we have a seperate section for clones? Just vote yes or no please.

Voters
98. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes,we should have a clone section.

78 79.59%
  • No, it is fine the way it is.

20 20.41%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

DM 8000HD anybody own an original ?....back to the poll :-)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

The DM800 section probably started off an an "original Box" section and take a look at it now.
    Probably the busiest section on the site,itll do no harm to add a clone section for VU.
    It'll bring in more members and boost the sites rep plus give mods less grief in moving posts etc.
    Make things as simple as possible for peeps and theyll congregate the forums more often....simples!!
    I votes "YES"....why not??
    Freck

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

i think a clone section is ok and voted yes

i still dont think it will stop alota people messing up there box because thats going to be done before they get to this site

its happening with dm,s every day and will happen with vu,s

the dm section can be confussing for some to work out whats right and wrong for there box when they sometimes dont even know what box they have

atleast if a clone section has the right images in it thats a start and i have a clone box coming so will need loads of help

also of coarse a little but a blade section is needed aswell
    Last edited by potrobber; 22nd January, 2012 at 01:30 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

What clone you getting m8 ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dell_xps View Post
    What clone you getting m8 ?
    one of these duo,s to try more for the twin tuner fuction not for the fact its a duo because its not in my eyes its just a twin tuner box that might be good or bad ,i dont mind trying one to see

im using a blade and tm5402 at the moment to get round the twin tuner problem

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Let us know how good it is etc, few pics also :-)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Let us know how good it is etc, few pics also :-)
    m8 i started a thread in general sat section that satsmo kindly moved over to vu duo chat called vu duo clone good or bad keep a eye on it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by potrobber View Post
    m8 i started a thread in general sat section that satsmo kindly moved over to vu duo chat called vu duo clone good or bad keep a eye on it
    Nice mate will keep a eye on your good/ bad post was going to do something similar asking for users to write some sort of review with positives and negatives.

In my personal opinion I dont think a clone section is needed as I have stated before there never has been such a section for other receivers.

Yes mistakes may be made by owners but my opinion on that is how we learn and understand our receivers.

Also if a clone section is created for the Vu section then people are going to want a clone section for Dreambox, Openbox..... this will just create a lot of work for admin.

The forum would then be promoting clone receivers with all these clone sections that then may bring unwanted attention.

Rest In Peace Michael Mcharg, A true friend and although gone never forgotten. 11-10-08.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

See what happens with the poll m8.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

See what happens with the poll m8.
    Ofcourse mate but along with others I am just voicing my opinion.

Rest In Peace Michael Mcharg, A true friend and although gone never forgotten. 11-10-08.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

hi garry

what you have said here is 100 percent true

Yes mistakes may be made by owners but my opinion on that is how we learn and understand our receivers.

Also if a clone section is created for the Vu section then people are going to want a clone section for Dreambox, Openbox..... this will just create a lot of work for admin.

The forum would then be promoting clone receivers with all these clone sections that then may bring unwanted attention

garry i just think its worth a try with a clones section for this box so people can post there,
    then when someone is looking help its maybe not as hard to find our understand

unlike the dm section where its all mixed and seems to get alot of people that dont no what they need to do or where to get the right bootloader or image ,i just think if it gets sorted from the start it might be more helpfull for people to understand

of coarse that is if they know what box they have

because there is going to be lots that will buy these thinking they are the real deal and god help them

i also think if the price comes down to 160-170 it will be worth it for a twin tuner box thats not a duo and never will be but will be good value for what it is

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

unlike the dm section where its all mixed and seems to get alot of people that dont no what they need to do or where to get the right bootloader or image ,i just think if it gets sorted from the start it might be more helpfull for people to understand
    See I dont think that is the case with the DM section. From time to time we will get a newbie not knowing these things or thinking that there receiver is a original but it does not take long for a member to realise that it is a clone model, realise what they need and to point them in the right direction. Also once upon a time there was no DM receivers, the change was not needed then so I dont see any need for it now. It is all part of the learning curve.

i also think if the price comes down to 160-170 it will be worth it for a twin tuner box thats not a duo and never will be but will be good value for what it is
    I really cant see it coming down as low as that even if ordering directly from China. Also if the SE clone is released with a twin tuner which is looking very promising now I think more people will go for that over the Duo as the SE clone is well established now, tested and people are very happy with the build quality.
    Last edited by garry1312; 22nd January, 2012 at 09:14 PM.

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    550 Posts

i see it as times are changing there were no clones years ago but now they are getting more popular but now the market is flooded by them,if we have 2 sections would we not get the best out of both boxes as i am sure some here know more about them ,if we dont move with the change will they go elsewhere.
    its all about helping someone with their problems is why we try to help is it not?.

Admin Assistant
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    283 Posts

Better question would be who is going to support the patching of images for these clones?

I know that certain people won't be doing so, but then again the manufacturers usually grease a few palms.

The poll is looking decidedly one sided but will be left open as said for 30 day from start, it will be a while before these clones become widely used.

Plus why did I make a poll
    I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer. - Douglas Adams

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

I know sats why did you make a poll

Cact I dont think people will go elsewhere DK in my opinion is the best forum out there for support and has more than managed without clone sections. I have clone receivers and I wouldnt go to another forum that provided clone support sections because I know the support can be found here easily on DK.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast