Register
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default England - Euro 2012

what you think of proformance today and future predictions?

i reckon we can win it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    154 Posts

Better than expected.Nice to see some fresh faces instead of the old guard but winning the thing No im afraid.

Andy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

dale abit over optimistic my friend

better then i expected today, it was good to see Oxlade start, the ref was a joke...

still can't see them winning it, but easily get out of the groups to nxt round, Sweden nor Ukraine are anything special, i think England will beat Sweden finally in a major tournament

Hillsborough 15th of April 1989
    Never Forgotten
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    JFT96 - !!DONT BUY THE S*N!!

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

for me they were drab and it shows how bad things are when everybody is happy with a performance which has 1 shot on target,i thought the back 4 played well and i was suprised how well welbeck did but overall i think they are an average team.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

i aint an Eng fan far from it, but i still thought they did better then expected and they havn't started well in recent tournaments so its something they can build on.

Never Forgotten
    You'll Never Walk Alone

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Well they played as good as they could against a better team. A point is good against France.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Dont think France got out of 1st gear to be honest, had they really went for it (didn't think they would) I feel they would have battered England. Good result for England tho, but both Ukraine and Sweden have quality players who can give them a lot of bother, interesting group to be fair.
    'If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. If an elephant has its foot on the tail of a mouse and you say that you are neutral, the mouse will not appreciate your neutrality.'
    -Bishop Desmond Tutu

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

we always start slow, never expect any different, our best showing in 96, we started with a draw and got better from there. Our problem of recent years has been that we go ahead and dont close the game out.. anybody else other than milner on the end of that AOC pass and we'd have won 2-1. Be different come the sweden game. Mellberg has got to be the slowest defender in the tournament, wellbeck, young, AOC.. even Milner will run rings around him. Convincing win for the Ingerland on Friday
    Fave replies from various threads

1: What the fff is all that about??? All that crap below your reply I mean, get a life mate
    2: no info on google abt the pace sv5 rang asda they have no idea what i was talking about,
    3: Your total contribution to this forum, bordering on trolling, seems to have been a collection of snipes, one liners & asterisked expletives

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The team needs to improve maybe they will maybe they won't.I wish them well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

we will. starting with thrashing sweden tonight, on the way to winning the whole damn thing

1: What the fff is all that about??? All that crap below your reply I mean, get a life mate
    2: no info on google abt the pace sv5 rang asda they have no idea what i was talking about,
    3: Your total contribution to this forum, bordering on trolling, seems to have been a collection of snipes, one liners & asterisked expletives

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shady View Post
    we will. starting with thrashing sweden tonight, on the way to winning the whole damn thing
    R u blind Shady!! Even Scott Parker knows we have no chance!! Did you watch Spain last night #beautifulfootball, Didn't you say Ireland were your dark horses and will make it pass the groups???????? How wrong!! We don't have a chance mate we are well below the mark, Germany, Spain, Even Croatia and Russia are far better than us!! #livinginadreamworld

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

when did Parker say we have no chance?

I was wrong about Ireland admittedly, they didnt bring their A game to any match.

I dont know why I have to keep on reminding certain so called fans of the fact that any team can beat any other team in a one off match, start of the league cup when Brum won it, who gave us a chance even MAKING the final let alone winning it?

Who would have tipped Denmark in 92?

What about Senegal v France (the world and european champions at the time) in 2002?

N korea v Italy 1966.. I can go on and on and on.....

Saying we havent got a chance is a pessimistic, defeatist attitude to have.. cowardly even.

All the examples I gave were all minnows playing against supposedly superior teams, and yet you give England with arguably one of the best goalies in the world, world class left back (who is regularly lauded as the best in the world), world class midfielder in Stevie G and world class striker in Rooney.. no chance?

thant annoying little hashtag that seems to be de rigeur recently aside.. i may be living in a dream world, but a world in which people believe in their team seems to me like a much better world than the mopey 'never gonna win anything' world in which you seem to live

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

no seriously; i just noticed another one #beautifulfootball.

you know its knobbish right?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

England have as good as chance as any team in the competition, even more so if Holland and Italy go out.

Never Forgotten
    You'll Never Walk Alone

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zee24 View Post
    England have as good as chance as any team in the competition, even more so if Holland and Italy go out.

or spain.. thats still a possibility

Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast