Register
    Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Mother takes son out school for having ginger hair

A 12-year-old boy who was relentlessly bullied for having ginger hair was offered lessons in a class for 'vulnerable' pupils.
    Teachers suggested Tyler Walsh be taught in isolation to escape merciless taunts about his red hair, it has been claimed.

His furious mother Emma has pulled her son out of Year 8 and is tutoring him herself at home.
    She accused staff of failing to punish the gang responsible after just a single one-day suspension was handed out to the ringleader, it was alleged.
    However the school - Yate International Academy - denied he would be taught in isolation and claimed his mother had misunderstood.

Ms Walsh, 33, says Tyler has been subjected to an 18-month campaign of bullying over the colour of his hair.
    She said: 'It is not fair that Tyler should be bullied out of school. He wants to learn and has been getting excellent grades and earning points for his guild (house).
    'He was going to after-school science club and would like to become a scientist or science teacher.
    'He wants to go to school but not to that school.
    'I don?t feel my son will be safe at school so I am keeping him at home until he can start at another school next week. I will be tutoring him at home.'
    Ms Walsh, from Yate, Bristol, sent Tyler to Yate International Academy 18-months ago, where he began his secondary education.
    But his mum claims bullies began picking on him straight away because of his brightly-coloured hair and willingness to learn.
    He was bullied in Year 7 and then attacked in the street before Christmas last year.
    The latest incident, where a gang chased him into a toilet cubicle - forcing him to be rescued by a Year 11 student - was the final straw, she has claimed.
    Ms Walsh, a full-time mother, said her son had been extremely distressed by the incident, which she had been told happened after the main perpetrator 'had a bad day'.
    He was given just a one-day suspension, it was claimed.
    Ms Walsh said: 'Yate International Academy has punished one boy, when a whole group were involved.
    'A day off school is hardly a punishment for what my child has had to endure. I think it is absolutely disgusting.'
    According to Ms Walsh, she decided to take Tyler out of school and tutor him herself after staff suggested Tyler attend its 'pupil inclusion unit' for vulnerable students.
    However the school said it managed the issue 'in accordance' with its policies and protocols.
    Roger Gilbert, headteacher of Yate International Academy, claimed Ms Walsh had misunderstood the situation.
    He said the 'inclusion unit' was simply a place where Tyler could go a receive support and tell staff how he was feeling, but that he will still be taught with his peers.
    Mr Gilbert also claimed that Ms Walsh went to the media with her grievance instead of speaking to the school first.
    He added: 'The unit does not teach children - it just helps them talk about what happened.
    'Tyler would be taught with his normal class and would not be separated. This situation is not as it has been reported. I was only aware of Emma's complaints after I was contacted by the press about it.
    'As far as I was aware Tyler was a happy boy - I speak to him most days. I am fully satisfied that everything we have done has been done in accordance with our practices and procedures.'
    Ms Walsh is also upset that the academy refused to send work for Tyler to do at home until he was able to start at a new school - claiming they are 'punishing him'.
    She said the academy told her it would not send work home for Tyler because it was felt that this would be condoning his absence.
    Ms Walsh, who also has a 15-year-old son and an 11-year-old daughter, called for the school?s anti-bullying policies to be toughened up.
    Yate Academy is currently undergoing a ?16million rebuild.
    She added: 'They are spending millions but that does not change their policies.'
    She said she had complained to education watchdog Ofsted about the matter.

Mother's fury after school suggests her ginger son is taught in isolation to stop bullies' taunts about his hair | Mail Online

I don't think the mum is doing her son any favours at all here.
    Can anybody honestly say they did ten or more years of school and didn't get bullied at some stage?
    Simple fact of life is that the teasing behaviour kids meet at school doesn't end when school finishes. There are *****s throughout the workplace too. Better he learns to cope now and develop the necessary lifeskill.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,089 Posts

What?s all the fuss about, get a black paint brush over his head job done (simple?)

Tools owned: Hammer, Chisel, Crowbar, Punch, Chainsaw, Cutter and Brain!!!

Did you know People will question all the good things they hear about you but believe all the bad without a second thought.

Note:
    All information given is to be used for educational purposes only and should not be taken seriously.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by super jumbe View Post
    What?s all the fuss about, get a black paint brush over his head job done (simple?)

if it was your son/daughter would you make a fuss ? i think so
    poor sod has to put up with that shite every day,i feel for him,
    The control of information is the consolidation of power

?I care not what puppet is placed on the throne of England to rule the Empire. The man who controls Britain?s money supply controls the British Empire and I control the British money supply.? ? Nathan Rothschild

IF I HELPED HIT THE THANKS BUTTON

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I blame the Harry Potter films

I can believe the magic and wizards
    I can believe the dragons and trolls
    but a ginger haired kid with 2 friends?

seriously
    that should never be allowed to happen
    the parent should approach the police citing assault and harrassment
    when the police contact the school, oh how the headmaster would backpeddal

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

so then we have to seperate the fat kids.. then the smelly kids who wear no-name trainers, then the kids who havent got a dad and their mom dresses them funny.. soon we'll have no schools as every kid will be being taught at home.. man up ginge!
    Fave replies from various threads

1: What the fff is all that about??? All that crap below your reply I mean, get a life mate
    2: no info on google abt the pace sv5 rang asda they have no idea what i was talking about,
    3: Your total contribution to this forum, bordering on trolling, seems to have been a collection of snipes, one liners & asterisked expletives

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

when i was at school if anyone bullied me for having ginger hair they got a hammer in there face,
    the bullying soon stopped.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,089 Posts

Originally Posted by ezzda1
    when i was at school if anyone bullied me for having ginger hair they got a hammer in there face,

Was it a sledgehammer!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tools owned: Hammer, Chisel, Crowbar, Punch, Chainsaw, Cutter and Brain!!!

Did you know People will question all the good things they hear about you but believe all the bad without a second thought.

Note:
    All information given is to be used for educational purposes only and should not be taken seriously.

V.I.P. Member
    Meatheadshire (Between London and Scotland)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,769 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ezzda1 View Post
    Are you Peter Gaberial?

When i waz @ skool, had a fight with a lad the week before non-uniform day, i uploaded steel toe caps, and giv him a kick in the shims, never had a problem.

Then went on the saturday on the bus to get black shoe die (skool rules, no brown shoes) - wore them 24/7 after that

Meat

Was Banned For Being Certifiably Insane and Stupid

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ezzda1 View Post
    are you peter sutcliffe

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    113 Posts

i have said it before and feel duty bound to repeat the mantra of cartman

ginger kids have no soul

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gc1966 View Post
    i have said it before and feel duty bound to repeat the mantra of cartman

ginger kids have no soul
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJiL9vSLbjk]Gingers gonna get ya - YouTube[/ame]

The gingers are gonna get ya!

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    382 Posts

I saw this video on rudetube a few months ago.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EY39fkmqKBM"]GINGERS DO HAVE SOULS!! - YouTube[/ame]
    Last edited by smokey08; 28th January, 2012 at 02:10 AM.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

I can handle him being a Ginger but going to church and believing in stories he deserves to be bullied.