Register

Thread: no signal ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Default no signal ?

I've had my (genuine) dm7025 for nearly a year now and its not a happy marriage. I've made mistakes with setup input but it will crash at the drop of a hat. It is permanently connected to the null modem lead. The latest problem is no signal despite a new quad lnb it will lock onto 11db at tuner A, nothing on tuner B with no BER on either. Is it possible to damage the tuner if wrongly configured. Would the 'factory reset' be a wise choice. Any help appreciated.
    Last edited by mikk; 4th February, 2012 at 11:47 AM.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,083 Posts

I've never really had problems with mine that aren't of my own making with mine. I take it you have set tuner B to be configured? It could be a damaged tuner, which can be replaced, but cheaper option is to do a factory reset first anyway, at least you'll know then that it's not the image, bouquets or faulty drivers.
    My master plan is to live forever..... going to plan so far
    Despite the cost of living, it's still very popular.
    No good deed goes unpunished....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I configured tuner B to 'same as tunner A, 'simple', single feed 28.2* only, no diseq. There is an option in tuner config' for setting voltage for something, lnb? I guess it should be 'no' ? If no joy after another fiddle factory reset it is.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I finally brought it back to life by flashing everything from scratch but was suprised the signal snr was still only 69% with the new lnb. I then loaded flip flops latest bouquet which sent the box into another fit! Any tips on how to avoid the dreaded green screen or reccomend a stable image with integral epg?
    Last edited by mikk; 5th February, 2012 at 10:11 AM.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,083 Posts

I'm using Excalibur2 at this time, comes with EPG and the like, as they all do, but take some work. I haven't looked around for a while, but plan to in the next week or so, I'll let you know if I find anything new.
    My master plan is to live forever..... going to plan so far
    Despite the cost of living, it's still very popular.
    No good deed goes unpunished....