1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by violentj View Post
    no it wont be hacked
    Explain please

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Probably wont be chipped, hopefully something firmware based, like the Psp.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default mmmm chips

Heard a recent rumour rubbing hands as we speak (evil genius laugh!!!!_mwah ha ha

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I'll guarantee you that the rumour ends up being just that...a rumour.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The thing I don't understand is, and it might just be me being a dumbass (more than probable ) but PS3 hacking and chipping etc....you would think that they would do something similar to what they did with the 360 where it's the drive that gets modded.

A successful hack/chipping would boost PS3 sales quite abit but I just don't see the big enigma about it....Personally I think if it had been doable that they would have done it by now. Maybe they have......

But I doubt it.

Basically almost nothing is impossible, however doability and feasibility do play a factor. And at the moment PS3 has no killer apps, but next week MGS4 is released...Now that is either the cause of this hack rumor or it HAS actually been done and the release of the PS3's first major AAA title is the catalyst for the hack/chip's release. Either way I don't think it's a coincidence.

Personally I'll believe it when or indeed if I see it.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

a drive hack wouldnt be viable at the moment as theres no way for the mainstream pirates to make any money(you wan buy dvd?) with the cost of blank bluray discs and blueray burners its cheAPER TO SHOP AROUND AND GET AN ORIGINAL but i belive once the price of blank bdr media is around 2-3 quid per disc you will see a lot of rapid progress as there will be money in it,plus the hobbyist hackers will be able to afford to experiment that little bit more

an iso loader just isnt gunna happen,unless the ps3s sales drop off dramaticaly and sony need the boost a hack would provide

oh and all you 40 gig owners expect to see a ps2 emulator released before the years end

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by violentj View Post
    oh and all you 40 gig owners expect to see a ps2 emulator released before the years end
    Didn't someone say that the PS2 emulator was hardware in the 60Gb PS3?

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by witchy2k1 View Post
    Didn't someone say that the PS2 emulator was hardware in the 60Gb PS3?
    in the jap and us ones there was basically a ps2 built into it

but uk and europe got shafted with the ee taken out,and the majority of the emulation being software based-albeit with some hardware help

but the ps3 is more than capable of emulating the ps2-no matter what some folk will tell you

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I assume Sony is still going to create or upload a downloadable emulator for PS2 games by the year's end ? I read that they were.

Also the emotion engine apparently was taken out of the European 40gb PS3's to keep the costs down....but I disagree with this because what Sony will do is have an ass load of PS2 games to purchase and download off the PSN and they will release probably the exact same emulator which came with the other version of PS3 which didn't have the hardware but was software driven. Sony just thought why not just make money off backwards compatibility and convenience ? It was smart by Sony to do it.

Obviously it's all about the money.

But the question still remains about are we being shafted ?....because even though people will have to pay for games that they may well already own in order to play them on the PS3, them games will not be in physical disc format, I imagine they will be like the old Xbox games were once ripped to the hard drive - in that you just clicked on the icon and the full game would load up without the need for any discs......so the question remains is this level of convenience worth paying for also ? For me it definitely is so long as the pricing isn't astronomical. Because that way it's less hassle and your game doesn't suffer from wear and tear and it loads much quicker too since it isn't hindered by the limitations of physical discs.

But it's bad new for some if Sony decides to release another dodgy update which for some unlucky people causes their PS3 to be bricked in which case the only solution is a hard drive reformat, since that would instantly mean all their PS2 games they bought are now gone and would need to be re bought. Unless of course they were smart enough to take preventative measures like taking out their PS3 hard drive and putting it into their PC and copying the data over to prevent a catastrophe but alot of less technologically minded people in the general public probably wouldn't.

Anyways I just wondered what other people's opinion on this whole thing is ?
    Last edited by Raven; 6th July, 2008 at 11:14 PM.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

luckily the psn is like live there,if you have purchase something,you can log into your account and re download for nowt

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Oh right I didn't know that. Shows how much I've used the PSN at all . I only use it to download demos thats about it. I think I will probably buy the Super Street Fighter HD Remix though when it comes out unless the pricing is crazy on it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12