Anyone else reckon Uncharted is awesome ?
Register
    Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Anyone else reckon Uncharted is awesome ?

I think it's a great game, it's got brilliant graphics and a good artistic flair to it in terms of audio/visuals. The gameplay also has a good blend of platform, puzzle and action elements to it that all work brilliantly well which is a testament to the game's superb pacing in that it all comes in to shake things up. Also the storyline is pretty good, the cutscenes are all well done and superbly acted out.

This game is the true definition of the term adventure game. Play it and you will see what I mean by that. It's games like this that were the reason I decided to buy a PS3, brilliant games that I could only play on a PS3.

Anyone else think this game is great or does anyone disagree with me ?
    Last edited by Raven; 19th June, 2008 at 11:25 PM.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    It's games like this that were the reason I decided to buy a PS3, brilliant games that I could only play on a PS3.
    ?
    not true at all,the 360 could happily handle drakes fortune,as it could mgs4(albeit on 3 discs)

i do agree tho it is a great game,the cut scenes genuinly add to the story(not like that pillock kojimas game where they just get on my ****ing tits)

best of all is you can pick it up for less than 20 quid now

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

VJ m8 I wasn't saying that the 360 couldn't handle Uncharted or MGS 4 - although admittedly I do have my doubts - I was just saying that good exclusive games like Ucharted and MGS 4 was the reason I decided to buy a PS3 thats all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

drakes is a class game i lived on it for about 3 days till i completed it ,
    then i done it again on hard
    msg4 now though (gonna take mths to do )
    the ps3 is the ultimate console nothing comes close to it ,specially the pukebox ,soz i mean xbox

dazza

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

so do you guys reckon the layout for the ps3 was worth it for 2 games

i bought one as a cheap bd player not the games so makes no odds to me,must admit i wasnt expecting much from mgs4 and i wasnt disappointed

to be honest im fed up of the ps3 tho,it just doesnt get played sat there doing nowt(avchd is awesome tho)

think i may flog mine and get a decent lappy

but my tune will change entirely if atari can sort aitd control system out for ps3

the game sorta reminds me of ps3,so many good ideas just poorly implemented

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well the argument you point out saying is it worth it for 2 games, is null and void for me personally in my situation since I haven't owned a 360 for close to two years now since mine died on me. So for me there are lots of games on PS3 to play not necessarily exclusives, but still I'm happy with it. But only cos I haven't owned an Xbox in the mean time, so I can see your point to some extent. I know this seems like a broken record what I'm about to say but the Playstation exclusives - mass popularity for Gears of War aside - are better than the Xbox exclusives. Obviously wether or not these games turn out any good on these consoles is anyones guess.

The bottom line for me personally is that the PS3 has alot of potential and it will get better, someday. But in the mean time for me personally there isn't exactly a shortage of PS3 games to play that I haven't played or owned already.

The only bad thing about the PS3 for me is that as it stands it hasn't been hacked yet.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

WELL M8 oopps sorry,wether the ps3 exclusives are better or not are down to personal opinion

uncharted was great i really enjoyed that-but other than better graphics it was tomb raider with a bloke

mgs 4 i just didnt like at all

im not a final fantasy fan at all

im gunna miss motorstorm i loved that
    gt 5 gimmie a break so many games have done this so much better

resistance is just another fps(before im accused of majoy fanboyism so if the halo series)

and theres no other exclusives that i can think of at the moment

theres only 2 games on 360 at the mo im looking forward to(well 5) and thats gears2,alan wake and saints row 2,resi5 and silent hill 5 and afaik only 2 of them are exclusive to xbox

anyways my opinion on the ps3 is now mute as i swapped mine for a laptop
    i just find the 360 experiance to be better on the whole than the ps3

i do hope sony get there act together tho as there is some massive potential in the ps3 and i would like to see it put to use

ill get another when the redesigned smaller unit comes out(or if silent hill 5 ends up being awesome on ps3 and ass on 360)

and theres no other exclusives that i can think of at the moment

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What about God of War ? there's another PS3 exclusive.

You are right it is each to their own. And I agree with you about the Gran Turismo I don't care much for them games, Burnout is the best racing game franchise for me even though I hated Paradise.

Final Fantasy games I agree on since I only really liked 7 and 8 and plus I prefer Oblivion.

All them games you mentioned as you said apart from Gears2 and I dont know what the other game is. But nontheless Silent Hill 5 and Alan Wake are coming out on PS3 too and I am looking forward to them too, although Alan Wake is starting to look like another Duke Nukem Forever in that it has been delayed constantly in the last year or so with no touted release date afaik. Should be good when it does come out though, the original Max Payne was the same apparently and that turned out well. Tho SH 5 has me kinda worried since it's being made by new developers, I just hope it's not an Alone In The Dark 5 clone, shitty controls enall.

As for Uncharted being a Tomb Raider clone but with a bloke, I can see your point but it is an unfair observation. I mean tell me Uncharted isn't miles better done than any Tomb Raider game, including the new ones.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

never played god of war,never had the desire to didnt interest me at all

i wouldnt worry about silent hill 5 having new developers,its the same chaps that did origin on the psp and that is an exellent game so they are more than up to the job and understand how shoul be played

i hate to be the one to tell you raven but alan wake is 360 exclusive,(it was saints row 2 i was unsure of)hxxp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_Wake

id rather have it when its done ,than rushed to fill a release date like a lot of titles recently

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wow Alan Wake is 360 exclusive ? I could have sworn it was coming out on PS3 aswell. Then again maybe I somehow mixed up PS3 with PC. Don't ask . In any case you only have to look at recent rounds of Pro Evolution Soccer games or arguably GTA IV compared to previous releases to know the value of a when it's ready approach. But that's a whole other subject that I dare not venture into at this time of night .

If Alan Wake is definitely ending up not on PS3 and my PC turns out not up to snuff then it looks like a 360 is on my list cos that game looks great.

As for the Silent Hill Origins....I only played abit of it on PS2 and didn't think much to that particular game, then again the PS2 version is apparently inferior to the native PSP version, besides I didn't like Silent Hill 4 either which was made by the original developers. Never completed either game.....Trust me God willed it with SH4 The Room. I can't tell you the amount of times I got my saved game erased from one console to the next through no fault of my own.