Register
Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast
    Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default dm500s blank screen

Just picked up a faulty dreambox, the unit powers up (green led) but no image on screen...

Any ideas?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

try the yellow white and red output so as to rule out the scart try flashing it with dreamup might be a bad flash ,,, turn the tv on

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

, my tv never goes off.... ill purchase a aux cable from eBay, reflash the box and try again.

is it common for the scart to stop working?

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just been reading on google, seems a common fault, few people got them working with a new flash and using the aux cable... Well suppose its worth a try, box only cost me ?9.50

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

try flahing first might be a bad flash http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums...2-maca-249954/ nice little image use dreamup or dcc

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

cheers for the support, wont get my hands on the unit until tuesday... so ill try all you ideas then, and maybe bring it back from the dead

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Beware with these faulty boxes!
    I bought a dreambox 500s from ebay and it was the same problem, the green light on all the time, so i re flashed it and the ethernet is not working! i did manage to get the ethernet to work, i read on the internet that put the dreambox in the fridge for a bit, left it in and turned it on and it worked but later my dreambox totally froze
    So i think people who realise the ethernet has died, they just sell it saying its stuck on the green light :/

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Hi

I just flashed one this weekend for a friend and just when everything was set up sweet went to green light and that were it.

Spent best part of today with different versions or dreamup which just would not connect to me old lappie with a dedicated com port. Was worried what I was going to say to friend then decided to get out my ancient desktop and surprisingly dreamup connected to box after a couple of attempts.

Wouldnt erase the flase was coming up with some error messages but after a few attempts erase was succesful and managed to flash again and ethernet and remote back, set it up again watched it for a few hrs and dropped off to friend.

He connected it with his cheap psu (not for dreams) and was stuck on pli bootup screen so hes on the phone to me went round to his and bought it back home connected it to my 800se psu and booted up straight away.

Wierd eh hope thats the end of it when I take it back tomorrow dont want to see it again, the psu has a big say in these boxes going funny.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mast View Post
    Hi

I just flashed one this weekend for a friend and just when everything was set up sweet went to green light and that were it.

Spent best part of today with different versions or dreamup which just would not connect to me old lappie with a dedicated com port. Was worried what I was going to say to friend then decided to get out my ancient desktop and surprisingly dreamup connected to box after a couple of attempts.

Wouldnt erase the flase was coming up with some error messages but after a few attempts erase was succesful and managed to flash again and ethernet and remote back, set it up again watched it for a few hrs and dropped off to friend.

He connected it with his cheap psu (not for dreams) and was stuck on pli bootup screen so hes on the phone to me went round to his and bought it back home connected it to my 800se psu and booted up straight away.

Wierd eh hope thats the end of it when I take it back tomorrow dont want to see it again, the psu has a big say in these boxes going funny.
    THANK YOU...maybe i should try this out
    Cheers bud!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Suggestion of a nice image for a DM500S clone.

Hi,

I've just received a DM500 with similar problems (no TV output) after a blueish splashscreen.

Seems I'll have to buy a USB/RS232 adapter and a serial cable.

Does anyone have a suggestion of a image to use with Dreamup?

TIA.

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey guys the box came today, right here is the update...

Box powers up green led, but no output to the tv...

When connected to my router the port light flashes, but the dreambox can not been seen on my network? checked the router log for connected devices and does not show up...

Tried to connect with a null modem cable, and use dreamup, says found box connent power, then the log shows box type DM500 but stops then and goes no further.

Any ideas? ill try anything before it goes in the bin :-)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cmfable View Post
    Hey guys the box came today, right here is the update...

Box powers up green led, but no output to the tv...

When connected to my router the port light flashes, but the dreambox can not been seen on my network? checked the router log for connected devices and does not show up...

Tried to connect with a null modem cable, and use dreamup, says found box connent power, then the log shows box type DM500 but stops then and goes no further.

Any ideas? ill try anything before it goes in the bin :-)
    diffrent version of dreamup older the better

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

ok i will download as many as possible, any version you suggest

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Hi

Dreamup 1.3.3.2, or just try what ever you can get hold of.

Regards

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

got that and the version before, will try when the wife as finished using the power adaptor for my working box, and let you know the outcome

Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast