Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default what about 500T ? !

i lately bought a second hand dream 500T . it came from Spain and has some spanish terrestrial channels AND surprisingly many international satellite channels both paid and free ones but as i am in Morocco ,i can't get/see any of these channels because of signal stuff and. .. ..! ! i already have a cline i mean i already watch crypted channels on a 500 S and i would like to do some sharing with this 500T to watch fta and crypted channel on it ! ! could you please tell me what kind of antenna i must use .? the 500T already has a cccam but when i zip , it says : no eccam info !! is there another solution apart from changing the terrestrial tuner to a satellite tuner ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

you are not going to be able to view satellite channels on a terrestrial tuner.

Also you will not be able to view terrestrial channels from another area.

Rest In Peace Michael Mcharg, A true friend and although gone never forgotten. 11-10-08.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by garry1312 View Post
    you are not going to be able to view satellite channels on a terrestrial tuner.

Also you will not be able to view terrestrial channels from another area.
    thanks for your quick answer . Does your answer mean that i must replace the terrestrial tuner with a satellite one ?As for TNT i guess now i will be abe to watch our Moroccan terrestrial channels at least, of course after i reset the dm 500T to receive them .so i repeat : what type of antenna shouldi use ? an ordinary one or a special one ;as dreamboxes usualy require a hjgh signal ?
    Last edited by machkover; 15th January, 2012 at 11:38 PM. Reason: some spelling mistakes

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by machkover View Post
    thanks for your quick answer . Does your answer mean that i must replace the terrestrial tuner with a satellite one ?As for TNT i guess now i will be abe to watch our Moroccan terrestrial channels at least, of course after i reset the dm 500T to receive them .so i repeat : what type of antenna shouldi use ? an ordinary one or a special one ;as dreamboxes usualy require a hjgh signal ?
    You will be unable to replace the tuner on a 500 it is a fixed tuner.

I dont know much about terrestrial receivers mate but cant see any antenna being able to pick up another countries terrestrial service.

Rest In Peace Michael Mcharg, A true friend and although gone never forgotten. 11-10-08.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

With a 500T, the only thing you will be able to pick up are any digital stations transmitted from your local domestic tv transmitter. You should need nothing more than the standard aerial that you use to feed your current terrestrial set top box. If your local transmitter doesn't transmit digital then the box is useless to you.

You will not be able to use this box to receive any satellite or cable based services (unless you do some costly conversion - more expensive than a new box unless you already have the parts).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You will be unable to replace the tuner on a 500 it is a fixed tuner.

I dont know much about terrestrial receivers mate but cant see any antenna being able to pick up another countries terrestrial service.
    thanks again . But i think a clever technician at soldering might do the stuff though !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default why not ?

one more question please . this 500T dream has some paid & fta satellite channels on it ; which really surprises me !!does this means that the person who used to have it used to watch these channels ? how do you explain this ? maybe he ftped them to the drembox you might answer . but in this case why would he do that if you say that 500T only receives terrestrial channels ? thanks guys for your assistance .
    p.s : i haven't changed any settings in this Spanish drembox yet . i still hope to see satellite channels on it though !!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

I cant answer that but it is fact that a terrestrial tuner will only be able to receive terrestrial channels same as a cable tuner will only be able to view cable channels and a sat only sat.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I cant answer that but it is fact that a terrestrial tuner will only be able to receive terrestrial channels same as a cable tuner will only be able to view cable channels and a sat only sat.
    Thanks for trying to help ! that was kind of you !!
    p.s i liked your avatar so much LOL !!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

No probs mate.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

A last question please !! if i won't be able to install a satellite tuner on my 500t , how can i profit fully from it in addition to watching our digital channels ?? if i have a card sharing will i be able to watch terrestrial channels of other countries ?? and is the process the same , like card sharing for satellite channels ?? i already have a TNT receiver for our local digital channels; so i hope to get much more from that damned 500t !
    thanks for your help guys !!

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    550 Posts

i would have thought a t box with aerial can only pick up local stations as that box was used for the irish mmds many years ago,get a better box that has hd capability,was that box only for an analogue signal and the uk has gone to the digital change over and maybe box wont work anymore?

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by machkover View Post
    A last question please !! if i won't be able to install a satellite tuner on my 500t , how can i profit fully from it in addition to watching our digital channels ?? if i have a card sharing will i be able to watch terrestrial channels of other countries ?? and is the process the same , like card sharing for satellite channels ?? i already have a TNT receiver for our local digital channels; so i hope to get much more from that damned 500t !!!
    You will only be able to watch programming from fairly local domestic digital tv transmitters. Whether you can pick up another countries transmissions will depend on how close you are to that country and the intervening terrain. Generally, with any normal antennae, your unlikely to pick up anything from further away than 100 miles or so even in the best of conditions. If you already have a digital box for local TV, chances are the 500T will pick up only the same channels.

If your in the very north of Morocco (Tangier region), then you may have some chance of picking up some domestic Spanish digital broadcasts possibly from the Cadiz area. with careful placement of the antennae.

Card sharing does NOT give you any programming. All it does is give you the codes in order to decrypt locally received signals. Obviously you would need to access the proper provider card to decrypt its channels.
    Last edited by TheCoder; 19th January, 2012 at 02:45 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

here i upload two images to show that some parts/componenets are missing under the tuner in the 500t , which proves that it would be really too hard to change the tuner and add them to the the mother board in order to watch satellite channels . i finally give up and would like to thank all of you for your willingness to help !! that was very kind of you !!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

buy a 500s mate you are probably talking only ?35 if you order it from China.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast