Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Unhappy SAME OLD THING A780

Can i start by saying that i have read lots of info lots of hours now spent trying to load firmware on my a780 lots of cables and an old pc out of my loft with serial socket i do have a null cable after trying the usb thing i have been to my sisters computer my mums computer i have the correct transfer rate as you guys explain everything so well i am sure a 5 year old could do it but here i am DATA TRANSFER NOT REQUESTED i have the current software which i have put on cd and taken to various computers my a780 is brand new out the box and i really dont think it will last another day in my company if i cant get it to flash pls what am i doing so wrong can anyone help me before ?135 goes strait in the bin. i would actually pay someone to do it for me i feel that stupid i am in harlow essex.
    Last edited by 1bob1; 28th February, 2012 at 12:18 AM.

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    550 Posts

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2RbdhH7_b4]Flashing the KV780 - YouTube[/ame]
    make sure the file is dated in2011 and you will need to do a s/w update on line with remote to update to the latest date,dont touch anything while downloading and loading and box reboots.

the bit everyone misses is box is powered of at rear,press download and switch box on at rear.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsEvfBnceiM&feature=related]Setting up the Kryptview KV780 Cable Receiver - YouTube[/ame]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi thanks for the youtube i have already watched it i think i am right in saying that i dont need to do anything untill the box is flashed is that right ie no cable or internet its the initial process that just isnt happening for me following instructions from a few forums i just dont no what i am doing wrong

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    550 Posts

pc with xp and serial port,load the file into the loader ,have box powered off at rear press download and power box on,not need a tv when first flashing,just the pc to see what you are doing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

perfect example my pc out of the loft xp and serial port null modem cable. data copied to cd ie loader and 24042011 bin open loader select bin file click start turn box on from the back and FILE NOT REQUESTED there has got to be somthing to do with the box would restoring it to fatcory make any difernce? sorry for my spelling actually not as thick as i sound English was never my strong point as is flashing .That pc was running in safe mode with networking enabled could that be a problem?
    Last edited by 1bob1; 28th February, 2012 at 12:46 AM.

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    550 Posts

are you 100% sure you have a null modem cable as a serial cable that looks the same can have this effect,one other thing to check,on the downloader it has 1.2,3,4 com ports,try each one in turn to see if its not on correct port.

missed the last bit,re safe mode maybe it is not allowing pc to do its job?
    Last edited by cactikid; 28th February, 2012 at 12:58 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cactikid View Post
    are you 100% sure you have a null modem cable as a serial cable that looks the same can have this effect,one other thing to check,on the downloader it has 1.2,3,4 com ports,try each one in turn to see if its not on correct port.
    Yep Maplins special rip off ?10 null modem.I have been trying to pair my computers ports to the loaders are you saying that i could have say my cable in port 5 but the loader may recognise it in say port 3? because i havnt tried that i have tried telling the computer that port 5 is 1 and matching it to the loaders port 1.

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    550 Posts

maplins usually sell wrong cable,i doubt you have 5 rs232 ports as pc only needs 1,but on the downloader you can change or select1-4,mine was com port2

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

maplins usually sell wrong cable,i doubt you have 5 rs232 ports as pc only needs 1,but on the downloader you can change or select1-4,mine was com port2
    No you are right the many ports i have tried are only on computers without the serial port i am fairly sure i tried both ports on my mums for serial but cant remember if i tried them on my old safe mode xp girl will give it a go now why not only been messing about since i woke up this morning . i will let you no as i have to shut this one down many thanks we really should both be in bed by now

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    550 Posts

what bin file have you? yo can use this for the initial flash
    Digital Kaos - Downloads - KV780 03/01/11 Firmware
    when or if you get it done do a s/w update,box needs to be connected to tv with coaxial and lan and powered on,
    menu......system installation..s/w update.
    dont touch anything until box reboots,then do a factory reset/default 0000 to delete,remove lan and scan as per the video,insert lan when channels are finished scanning .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

what bin file have you? yo can use this for the initial flash
    Digital Kaos - Downloads - KV780 03/01/11 Firmware
    when or if you get it done do a s/w update,box needs to be connected to tv with coaxial and lan and powered on,
    menu......system installation..s/w update.
    dont touch anything until box reboots,then do a factory reset/default 0000 to delete,remove lan and scan as per the video,insert lan when channels are finished scanning .
    the link is no good mate file deleted or removed

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hi bob ....i think the problem is more likely your com port settings on your pc ... go to device manager and check the properties... they need to be set to

bits per second .... 115200

data bits .............. 8

parity ..................None

stop bits ..............1

flow control .........None

if they are already set correctly , then i'd be pretty sure it's your cable .... highly unlikely it's the box

............. good luck !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Kv link

Hi when you press the link is says file deleted

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi i am going to try and get another cable today from a pc repaire shop it will be my third but you never no i hope so guys

Thankyou i will post my results

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Kv link

Hi how do you download the file it says deleted when you try to download thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast