Register
Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast
    V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default maxx1000 / protek 9600 / nanoXX

Has any body had any experience with these box's? I have had a maxx 1000 for a while and I think its the best card sharing satellite box out at there moment in terms of plugging it in, do and internet update and scan for channels.

Does any body else know if theres another box which clears more channles (patch + cs) then this box?

There ofcourse is the dreambox but it can get complicated to setup and you need to know details of servers to connect to.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have got the nanoxx 9600ip which i think is quite awesome!
    still getting to grips with it but it was my first satbox! think the hardest part was setting up the dish! me n me mate spent about 12 hours twisting and turning thtat bloody thing loool

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i have maxx1000 and i leave in egypt and my receiver work with the asian server and i have no server since july2008 and now i allready installed the last software but i still on the asian server which is off now any idia how to chang to the euro-server please help

Retired Sat TV Addict
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mounir View Post
    i have maxx1000 and i leave in egypt and my receiver work with the asian server and i have no server since july2008 and now i allready installed the last software but i still on the asian server which is off now any idia how to chang to the euro-server please help
    Next time open a new thread please as this is a open answered thread and the op is still looking for advice.
    As regards to the question, are you sure the asian server still exists? The hosts sub may have run out too or he may even had been caught by authorities. Are you aware of any1 else who is currently using the server without probs? I have on idea of how to change to a european one but i think it will be like the asian one but just with a differant id and whatever else is involved.
    Last edited by .: JaCkPoT :.; 6th September, 2008 at 04:52 AM.

Read the Rules here; they apply to EveryOne.

DM800s HD
    Openbox S10
    TM500
    DM500s

90cm FortecStar dish
    Technomate 2300 motor powered by UsalS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default maxx

Over the last two months my maxx as been a nightmare freezing this is the settings i have on now but like most peeps the picture freezes they say the are trying to fix it and we can only hope they do in the mean time got myself 7020si to play with.

@mounir
    You also need to load the latest key file K:89 which will allows C/S to work and as the auto update key file feature is not working has to be updated manually by downloading from h**p://w**.xvision.skynolimit.com/nanoxx/downloadcenter/index.php?action=details&id=64 (change ** to tt) Note these keys change once or twice a day for some EMU channels.

Then
    1. Under MENU ? INTERNET ? ensure that Network Connection is ON,
    2. Auto Update is OFF.
    3. NEWCAMD is OFF.
    4. In Network Information Check that DHCP is selected and IP address, Subnet Mask and Gateway has been filled in automatically. Don?t worry about PVR Server IP address. If they haven?t try setting to Static then back to DHCP.
    Then
    1. Under Proxy Connection set to ON,
    2. Proxy Server IP to 123.242.231.183
    3. Proxy Server port to 0080 or 0023. If picture freezes on C/S channels changing this Port can kick the box back to life again.

From a TV channel, press Menu 8888 to activate c/s and EMU

Then tune to a C/S channel, say C+Action on Astra 11318V22000 or HBO Comedy on Hotbird 10719V/27500 and check they open.

All this is at your own risk it may not work and at worst you are left with a dead box.

Good Luck if you try it.
    Let us all know what happens

Maxx1000 converted to Euro sever now using BT:1.33 SW:v1.38.4 K:89
    Protek BT:1.34 SW:v1.38.4 K:89
    Last edited by bobon5106; 6th September, 2008 at 11:56 PM. Reason: wrong

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hi guys does anyone have the channel list for 9600

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Exclamation opensat s1000

hello i've an opensat s1000 the same of maxx1000 nanoxx protek9600ip and linksat ls900. i've tried proxy 123.242.231.181 and 123.242.231.183 ports 23 and 80 but it doesn't work . i've read tha theese server have mac filtering . can you help? what's the proxy for opensat s-1000 if exist ? THANKS nirvanapoli.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I've got the Innovative Receiver (FortecStar), had it for 2yrs now, it been great.... had couple of problems when it first came out, bugs etc..., only over the last month it been down (CS) it finally backup & running again , rumour is, they had to move to server out to Korea, this was said to be the reason for the CS server being down from mid Sept until now.

hopefully no more problems now CS Server is now out of Europe!!

Happy days
    Last edited by birkenhead; 15th October, 2008 at 11:30 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

need info on the maxx1000 on how to set it up for cccam , just out of box and all set up but no cccam sorted out yet ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

This receiver won't work with CCcam, it works with newcamd only and has never been a sharing receiver in the try sence, it only works one way as client only, and generally just to connect to the Protek server and nothing more...

There is a new Protek backed receiver due out any time now. It's called the Unix Box 500 and in many respects is similar to a DM500 (it can use all the images etc.) but it also has a plugin that allows you to connect to the Protek server, so basically you get the best of both worlds, the full features of a Linux receiver that'll work with just about any softcam out there and has internal card slot and a connection to the Protek server that gives you all the benifits that provides.... Price on these is ?129.99... We've not decided yet if we will be stocking them, if this is something customers would like then by all means let me know and we will get a few in.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The new Protek Unix Box 500 can take CCCAM but its still SD. Im not too sure what the difference is really between the 500 and the 9600ip

Just wondering, are the Maxx receivers worth the money compared to buying a Protek receiver? One person here has said they experience freezing, but surely thats not the case for everyone?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bobon5106 View Post
    Over the last two months my maxx as been a nightmare freezing this is the settings i have on now but like most peeps the picture freezes they say the are trying to fix it and we can only hope they do in the mean time got myself 7020si to play with.

@mounir
    You also need to load the latest key file K:89 which will allows C/S to work and as the auto update key file feature is not working has to be updated manually by downloading from h**p://w**.xvision.skynolimit.com/nanoxx/downloadcenter/index.php?action=details&id=64 (change ** to tt) Note these keys change once or twice a day for some EMU channels.

Then
    1. Under MENU – INTERNET – ensure that Network Connection is ON,
    2. Auto Update is OFF.
    3. NEWCAMD is OFF.
    4. In Network Information Check that DHCP is selected and IP address, Subnet Mask and Gateway has been filled in automatically. Don’t worry about PVR Server IP address. If they haven’t try setting to Static then back to DHCP.
    Then
    1. Under Proxy Connection set to ON,
    2. Proxy Server IP to 123.242.231.183
    3. Proxy Server port to 0080 or 0023. If picture freezes on C/S channels changing this Port can kick the box back to life again.

From a TV channel, press Menu 8888 to activate c/s and EMU

Then tune to a C/S channel, say C+Action on Astra 11318V22000 or HBO Comedy on Hotbird 10719V/27500 and check they open.

All this is at your own risk it may not work and at worst you are left with a dead box.

Good Luck if you try it.
    Let us all know what happens

Maxx1000 converted to Euro sever now using BT:1.33 SW:v1.38.4 K:89
    Protek BT:1.34 SW:v1.38.4 K:89

Why its freezing is because the server is over loaded and too many people using the server at peek times also this can happen at peek internet times of the day called (Equal Share by ISP's), What will happen is the server will end up been pulled, and only new receivers bought will have a connection to a new server.

The life expedancy of these receivers connected to these dedicated servers is a year to 18 months, its coming up to a black out for a lot of maxx1000 / protek 9600 / nanoXX users as there has been a long run on the present servers.

All these receivers will launch 2010 models knocking off older receivers in the next 6 months leaving blank screen for many.

Plus the details you have given show the Ip adress coming from Hong Kong

Code:
    Hostname:	123-242-231-183.sunnyvisiondatacenter.com
    ISP:	SunnyVision Limited
    Organization:	SunnyVision Limited
    Proxy : None detected
    Type:	Dial-up
    Blacklist:	

Geo-Location Information

State/Region:	00
          City:	North Point
          Latitude:	22.3
          Longitude:	114.2

The speed of the connection from this server is 291ms & Average of 301ms with a 25% loss, there is no way they can repair this without reducing the number using the server drastically, for a good service the connection need to be 100% without packets loss and a speed no greater than 180ms other than that break up on fast changing encryption will cause breakup.

Better to look into private sharing closer to home for faster refresh times ...
    Last edited by alunfennell; 27th January, 2010 at 01:12 AM.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks for that. I may just wait then Theres also a receiver called the Predator 8700, however I cant find out where to buy one from

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

While that all sounds logical there is nothing to suggest that all to be true at all. Sure the number of people on the server and the peak internet thing can have a baring but it's highly unlikely this is what's causing the friends problem, and the post that has quoted IPs is from 2008 so whatever the problem was its safe to say they have either cured it or moved on by now!

1) The maxx1000 or whatever it's called is a rip off, a clone of the official Protek 9600IP/NanoXX NA9600. Its never been an official box and it's a fact they have never been as reliable and they (Protek server) have actively seeked to try and cut these boxes off in the past (which could well have been around the time of the posts above if memory serves me right)...

2) The friend mentioned above with one of these we have no idea what his internet connection is like or how its connected to this box or even what their satellite reception itself is like so we can't just blame the server as we don't know the facts.

3) There are 2 main importers to the UK of the Protek/NanoXX receivers. One of these has just taken delivery of the NanoXX version and the other is expecting stock again for February. This fact far from suggests to me they are about to pull the plug on this server, why would 2 of the biggest official importers who have been round a long time carry on importing if they suspected they were about to pull the plug, it just doesn't add up. It's pure speculation.

That said it's true to say you or I have no control over what we are given and how long it lasts/works, and as such we never sell these receivers as anything other than FTA and supply with a FTA firmware only. I am just making the points above to explain why there is no reason to suspect the server is about to be pulled any time soon. You can use this site here to tell you what should be opening assuming you have the Protek 9600IP / NannoXX NA9600 flashed with the latest third party firmware.
    Code:
    http://www.xvision.skynolimit.com/nanoxx/onlinelist/Output.php
    In answer to the question above about the difference between a 500 and the Protek (9600IP) then think this is already explained in my post above but basically the Unix Box 500 is fully linux based and will work with any number of different softcams and can be used to share cards yourself (if you so wished), The 9600IP is NOT a linux based box and as such can only work as a client and won't be able to work with most sharing protocols such as the popular CCcam. Both receivers are SD.

Hope all of the above info is of some use to you while deciding.
    Last edited by Sat-Shop; 27th January, 2010 at 03:53 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Protek unixbox 500

Hi, new to this forum, hello.

I am looking at a Protek Unixbox.

I am familiars with the Protek 9600IP, but the Unixbox 500 looks a completely different device.

I notice in this thread you need a plugin that allows you to connect to the Protek server. Is this software available on this site, if not were can it be obtained and how is it loaded into the box?

Thanks in advance for any help available.

Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast