Register
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    608 Posts

l dont do drunk posts l say as l feel at the time , sometimes may post before thinking ,, but l still think it isnt newbie friendy , but that might not be the market your looking at
    Last edited by smirnoff_rules; 7th April, 2012 at 01:09 AM.
    any information provided is for educational/experimental purposes only.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Moving target noted with thanks, will forward to the Commando marketing department.

SS

Quote Originally Posted by smirnoff_rules View Post
    l dont do drunk posts l say as l feel at the time , sometimes may post before thinking ,, but l still think it isnt newbie friendy , but that might not me the market your looking at

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thecelticfan View Post
    Cheers Guys,

Got this up and running in minutes. Using RT epg.

Well done!
    Thanks thecelticfan! In order to assist us with our future marketing strategies, would you please tell us how you would describe yourself in dreambox terms please?

1. Total noob
    2. Newish, but learning fast
    3. Fairly proficient
    4. Expert
    5. Genius

Thanks for your help

Cheers- AL

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    608 Posts

after the slating , l gave this image another go and had a good read on other forums about the things l was missing ie convert my channel list to 'Neutrino and so on and have installed on daughters 500 , its the only one l have now the rest or 800's , so lm going to let her use it and see how she gets on with it , the only problem l have is my area channels dont have epg but not a great problem as pli didnt have any ..

l can see u have put alot of work into this and my comments where harsh to say the least , daughter likes it so far and its stable , very good work on a full image on a limited space box , l forgot how little storage these had ,,

sorry again lads .. l'll think first and type later next time
    Last edited by smirnoff_rules; 7th April, 2012 at 07:10 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

the only problem l have is my area channels dont have epg but not a great problem as pli didnt have any ..
    Which channels are these? As it can get the epg from the stream it should be possible with a small bit of editing.

SS

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    608 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SatSearching View Post
    Which channels are these? As it can get the epg from the stream it should be possible with a small bit of editing.

SS
    bbc 1 west midlands
    itv west midlands
    itv + 1
    channels 4 and 5 and plus 1 on them too ?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts

From the Commando 14.5 release notes in post #1:

Regional Channels: default services and bouquets are by LraiZer (as always) and are for the North West, even though we happen to know he lives down in Somerset.

For useful tips on how to customize your C14.5 reflash to YOUR local area, please look at:/var/etc/regional_channels.txt for some time-saving hints 'n tips. Either by FTP view, or in Tuxbox Commander, where the doc is easily readable.
    I was going to take you to task on how 'easy' it is to install and set up Radio Times online EPG in OpenPLi. The channel mapping GUI is the most user-UNfriendly interface I've ever come across! So much so, that guys like Lincsat published step-by-step tutorials on how to do it...

Not to mention the fact that when you download and install the RT-EPG package, it doesn't work. So you dig around the PLi Forum to find out why, only to discover that you also have to download and install the SQLite database Plugin. Doh! If SqLite is vital to RT-EPG, why isn't it all rolled up into one package, fcs?

PLi RT-EPG is also very inflexible inasmuch that all mapped channels can only be set for the same number of days. LraiZer's C14.5 version allows you to have 14 days for prime movies and sport, 8 days for 'good' channels, 3 days for middle of the road channels, 1 days for Kids, and so on.

But our piece d' resistance is SPEED. 14.5 release has around 190 mapped RT-EPG channels (already done for you, ahem!) and takes just over one minute to load. A similarly mapped setup in OpenPLi would take over 5 minutes to download, from the self-same BBC server!!

Finally, LraiZer's awesome new GetEPG grabbed from the stream- well, you ain't ever going to see anything like that in E1 OpenPLi are you?

Cheers- AL

ps- dunno how old your daughter is, smirnoff_rules, but you have her ADULT bouquet visible and unlocked...

Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by PaphosAL; 8th April, 2012 at 10:30 AM.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    608 Posts

shes 21 m8 , going to have to reflash l think ,. she just told me the volume isnt working on the remote and picture is going black every 10 minutes for a second then coming back on .. so will have a play with the channel list after that

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts

Menu > Settings > Driver/Boot options > PMT update = ON

Switch this to OFF and reboot. Should cure the black screens issue. As for Volume proble this might be a keymapping issue?

Sent from the pub on my galaxy ace

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Dm500s

Hi has any body got a backup image with all the things in the image then just edit the CCcam and put your info in and your on
    Anybody

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

jesus.. bone idle... it takes literally 30 seconds to ftp a boquet list over...
    Fave replies from various threads

1: What the fff is all that about??? All that crap below your reply I mean, get a life mate
    2: no info on google abt the pace sv5 rang asda they have no idea what i was talking about,
    3: Your total contribution to this forum, bordering on trolling, seems to have been a collection of snipes, one liners & asterisked expletives

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    608 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PaphosAL View Post
    Menu > Settings > Driver/Boot options > PMT update = ON

Switch this to OFF and reboot. Should cure the black screens issue. As for Volume proble this might be a keymapping issue?

Sent from the pub on my galaxy ace
    Satsearching's new Keybinding Menu in Settings!! Visible by default now, this has the facility to remap the Volume Keys!!
    important: If you decide to remap these keys, you MUST first disable the existing Subservices Up and Subservices Down Keys, by assigning both of these to Key = None

... Then set up your Volume -/+ keys as you want them, and finally the Subservices keys. You'll be using the L/R keys either side of the [OK] button, and the L/R keys either side of the [0] button, as per your own preferences

l'll have a play when hers out

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Dreambox500s

Anybody got a backup image
    The channel list above where do I put that in the FTP
    It's better if someone would post a back up
    If I had this firmware working I would upload a backup so every body can have
    And is this clone safe
    Last edited by bup-bupe; 8th April, 2012 at 03:28 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bup-bupe View Post
    Anybody got a backup image
    The channel list above where do I put that in the FTP
    It's better if someone would post a back up
    If I had this firmware working I would upload a backup so every body can have
    And is this clone safe
    Yes it's clone safe, if you bothered to read the release files for previous versions, m8! It's also gemini bomb-proof, again, if you've bothered to read back...

Channel list? What channel list? It comes with a channel list, fcs. You just do a few documented tweaks for your own locality.

And I'd think twice before uploading a fully-fledged image to D-K if I were you. Read the RULEZ first, and then ask yourself why cable dBox2 went tits up 2 years ago. Peeps got complacent, and greedy, and just wanted free tv, plug 'n play. Well, bollox to that!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts

Satsearching's new Keybinding Menu in Settings!! Visible by default now, this has the facility to remap the Volume Keys!!
    important: If you decide to remap these keys, you MUST first disable the existing Subservices Up and Subservices Down Keys, by assigning both of these to Key = None

... Then set up your Volume -/+ keys as you want them, and finally the Subservices keys. You'll be using the L/R keys either side of the [OK] button, and the L/R keys either side of the [0] button, as per your own preferences

l'll have a play when hers out
    Ah- you found it smirnoff_rules! Don't bother reflashing, as there's nowt wrong with your C14.5 flash as it stands. Just try that PMT toggle I suggested above.

Now, the Volume button... OK, you're used to seeing these buttons, marked Vol- and Vol+ either side of the OK button in E1 aren't you? In Neutrino, it's slightly different, but for a VERY good reason.

Before you attempt Satsearching's keymapping exercise, just try this: Verify that your R/C Volume buttons actually work on the left / right < / > arrow keys either side of the 0 button. If they do, then ffs LEAVE IT THAT WAY!!!

Why? Because the L / R buttons either side of OK are dedicated to a feature NOT found in E1, which is Virtual Zap

This is where you press OK (to bring up the Infobar) and then left or right either side of OK to see wotz on Now 'n Next on other channels, without actually leaving the current channel you're currently watching. If you fancy wotz on another channel, you just press OK to zap to it!

Enigma can't do that. So think twice before keybinding those Volume buttons, m8, coz if you do- Virtual Zap will no longer function. You've been warned...

Cheers- AL

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast