Register
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thezafiraman View Post
    You tube is from their own server.There is a search function but no access to your account.For copyright purposes,its called Utube.I dont know much about cccam,but if you have Newcamd,its dead easy to setup
    Thanks mate...well I've ordered the box, I'll attempt to set it up. Worst comes to worst, I'll just return it.

Have you considered getting a Dreambox instead? Heard they are much better.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hi

on the cryptbox 400hd that i have, it has settings already for cccam, newcamd and for newcamd server. also there is a option to change which app u want to use. initially my box was set to newcamd client, but i've changed it to cccam. no problems after changing the app. so i presume that u select the app that u want to use and fill in the appropriate details from ur cline and hopefully bingo. please someone correct me if i'm wrong. i am new to all this.

thanx
    tony

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nav_007 View Post
    Thanks mate...well I've ordered the box, I'll attempt to set it up. Worst comes to worst, I'll just return it.

Have you considered getting a Dreambox instead? Heard they are much better.
    Dreambox 500 is not HD.Dreambox 800 is but costs nearly 3 times as much.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think I've figured out what I was doing wrong with the cccam setup.As I already have Newcamd on server 1,I had to put the ccam on server 2 with config details.Choose cccam from options and set it up.As there is no manage config file menu like the Openbox,You can't activate and de-activate the clines so need to have the 2 lines on different servers.I hope this helps someone.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Smile

I think I've figured out what I was doing wrong with the cccam setup.As I already have Newcamd on server 1,I had to put the ccam on server 2 with config details.Choose cccam from options and set it up.As there is no manage config file menu like the Openbox,You can't activate and de-activate the clines so need to have the 2 lines on different servers.I hope this helps someone.
    hi

so basically what ur saying is that if u want to setup ccam only, just leave the Newcamd setup details empty(or delete the previous details) and just fill in the cccam details from the cline into the appropriate boxes. can u just confirm that, just to make sure that i understood ur post correctly.

thanx

tony

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

OK Tony and Nav_007 just to confirm what I posted earlier,If you just have Newcamd,enter the details in the newcamd client option.Like wise with CCcam use the cccam option.If you have both protocols,the second cline has to be entered as server 2 choosing either Newcamd or cccam in options.Obviously you can only connect to 1 server at any time,so you have to change the options whichever server you wish to connect to.Quite easy if you persist a bit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Smile

OK Tony and Nav_007 just to confirm what I posted earlier,If you just have Newcamd,enter the details in the newcamd client option.Like wise with CCcam use the cccam option.If you have both protocols,the second cline has to be entered as server 2 choosing either Newcamd or cccam in options.Obviously you can only connect to 1 server at any time,so you have to change the options whichever server you wish to connect to.Quite easy if you persist a bit.
    hiff

thanx for ur prompt reply. there was me faffing around trying to ftp into cryptobox to find the config.cfg file to add the cline. just break up the cline into the different parts for server name,port number, user and password and fill in the respective boxes. thanx again m8

tony

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks Tony,Youve worded it better than I could. "to add the cline. just break up the cline into the different parts for server name,port number, user and password and fill in the respective boxes".Remember for Newcamd you enter the port number twice in the two boxes.
    Last edited by thezafiraman; 7th May, 2012 at 06:23 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks Tony,Youve worded it better than I could. "to add the cline. just break up the cline into the different parts for server name,port number, user and password and fill in the respective boxes".Remember for Newcamd you enter the port number twice in the two boxes.
    hi

u did the hard work by finding out how to do it. so many thanx to u.

nice one m8.
    live long and prosper.

tony

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

thezafiraman

Have you tried recording HD channels onto a usb flash drive? Does it record without any problems?

I'm getting a "device is too slow" message every time I record to a usb flash drive using the openbox s11.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi, Nav_007,I tried a sandisk 2gb stick and got the same message but with a 8gb EMS stick,no problems,recorded both free and scrambled HD channels.May be a stick with a bigger memory is needed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi, Nav_007,I tried a sandisk 2gb stick and got the same message but with a 8gb EMS stick,no problems,recorded both free and scrambled HD channels.May be a stick with a bigger memory is needed.
    I used a Data traveler 16gb and still got that message on the openbox. Will be interesting what happens with this cryptobox.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hi thezafiraman

on my cryptobox 400hd box, the man i bought the box from has both newcamd and cccam settings. on the newcamd section, there is a ping button. when i press the ping button it says unable to connect. does that mean that my box is not connected to a newcamd server and only connected via cccam. sorry if i am stating the obvious. I think that on this box, the only 'cccam.config' is in the network settings/0000/cccam section and filling in the blanks

thanx

tony

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi Tony,dont pay any attention to Ping.just fill in all the details,turn on autocnnect click login and if everything is ok, you should see a connected message.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hi thezafiraman

some premium cccam servers offer discounts on a second line in the same house/ip. how would u go about doing this( like having multiroom).

thanx
    tony

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast