Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ramjet View Post
    a couple of pointers here

1) the installers job is to sort out the dish and motor, not your vu+, and you said he did the job with his own box. you are responsible for your vu+

2) you also admitted you installed catseyes list and therefore I believed you had overwritten what was there before which is why I advised you to sort out your usals position, again that is your job to do especially if you are installing new channel lists

3) the strongest transponders list isnt always up to date

for 5.0w try gcpe1 on 12543H 27500 and TMC on 11554V 29950 and france 2 , 2 and 4 on 11591V 20000

4) for 16e I would have thought you should be over 70%

5) for 7.0e try rts1 on 10721H 22000
    Part of the quote was to get my stb up and running. This is part of the service they advertise on their website so it should have been set up properly

The catseye list was installed before he did the dish install. I also know what he put in for long/lat as I was there whilst he was doing it and found it funny that the longitude was 0.8 west, the same figure as the sat we were on. So he definateley put the wrong figures in!

I still only get 33% on tring sport1. Not really into football anyway, I'm more of a rugby man which i don't think is really shown in tring.
    Thanks guys.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    278 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by septicsmurf View Post
    Part of the quote was to get my stb up and running. This is part of the service they advertise on their website so it should have been set up properly

The catseye list was installed before he did the dish install. I also know what he put in for long/lat as I was there whilst he was doing it and found it funny that the longitude was 0.8 west, the same figure as the sat we were on. So he definateley put the wrong figures in!

I still only get 33% on tring sport1. Not really into football anyway, I'm more of a rugby man which i don't think is really shown in tring.
    Thanks guys.
    well , unless you are 1 west of london then he was at fault , in which case your dish may be out by one or more degrees and thet means moving the motor slightly left or slightly eight until its spot on

there are films and all sorts on 16e , much more than football anyway , like kids channels , music channels etc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ramjet View Post
    well , unless you are 1 west of london then he was at fault , in which case your dish may be out by one or more degrees and thet means moving the motor slightly left or slightly eight until its spot on

there are films and all sorts on 16e , much more than football anyway , like kids channels , music channels etc
    Dont forget about the Albanian Folk channel on tring some great singing dancing on there
    If you tremble with indignation at every injustice then you are a comrade of mine

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

When on 16e on sports 1 goto menu>setup>Service searching>Positioner setup scroll down to positioner fine movements and use the yellow button a few presses see if the snr goes up, then try with the green button remembering to go back with the green as many times as you pressed the yellow first to get back to where you originally started. If it goes up in either direction the dish aint right and he needs to look at it again, sounds a bit heath robinson for a proto use an stb and a small tv????

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Thanks for your help in getting that sorted.
    But i have another problem now.
    A few times, when i've selected a channel on a different satellite, the flashing satellite comes up, but just stays flashing. The selected channel doesn't come up, and even if i select a channel on a different satellite, i still just get the flashing satellite.
    The only thing that seems to get rid of it is restarting the stb.
    when i restart, the flashing saellite comes up for a few seconds then i get the selected channel.
    Any ideas?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

the Vu can be a bit of a pain sometimes locking onto a channel I generally just use the channel up and down and it comes back. Although sometimes it's just my impatience because the motor my Vu is connected to is a bit slower than the one my Dreams connected to. Sometimes patience is a virtue, or you could try different images or scans rather than settings files see if your results get any better

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by portbhoy View Post
    the Vu can be a bit of a pain sometimes locking onto a channel I generally just use the channel up and down and it comes back. Although sometimes it's just my impatience because the motor my Vu is connected to is a bit slower than the one my Dreams connected to. Sometimes patience is a virtue, or you could try different images or scans rather than settings files see if your results get any better
    I tried channel up and down as well, but still just the same flashing satellite.
    I know it's not just me being impatient as i waited over a minute for it to move from 9e to 13e. If i check signal it shows 0%.
    Not sure if that means it's still parked on the other sat or stopped in between?
    When i restart and select the channel again it then flashes for a few seconds and the channel comes on.
    Is the stb battling to move the dish? Can't be, can it?

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,742 Posts

@septicsmurf

Mate you really do need to call the installer back your equipment is not set up correctly full stop.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Do you reckon that if he used those incorrect coordinates when
    Setting the dish up it might all be a little bit out? I can't understand why i pick up signal in most sats except 5w and 16e.
    Are these 2 slightly weaker than the other ones i checked?
    Is the only reason i'm getting anything on the other sats at all down to the fact the dish is only slightly out but they have a strong signal?
    Reckon ill try doing what portbhoy recommended a few posts back.

Which signal indicator should i be looking at. The one that comes.up in bar on the channel when you hit ok button twice, or the one in the menu?

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,742 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by septicsmurf View Post
    Do you reckon that if he used those incorrect coordinates when
    Setting the dish up it might all be a little bit out? I can't understand why i pick up signal in most sats except 5w and 16e.
    Are these 2 slightly weaker than the other ones i checked?
    Is the only reason i'm getting anything on the other sats at all down to the fact the dish is only slightly out but they have a strong signal?
    Reckon ill try doing what portbhoy recommended a few posts back.

Which signal indicator should i be looking at. The one that comes.up in bar on the channel when you hit ok button twice, or the one in the menu?

Mate why the hell are you pissing about trying to sort out an install that was supposedly done by a pro, You paid for a service and you even said yourself that service included setting it up on your receiver something that has not been done.

Just curious where abouts are you by the way.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

I'm near guildford, and the installer is in kent. That is why i don't want to call him back out if possible.
    And if it is the receiver, and not the dish then i have to pay a call out charge.
    I want to be 100% sure it's down to his setup before calling him back.
    the thing that's thrown me is this new problem of the.flashing satellte.
    it doesn't happen everytime, and when it has a restart cures it.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,742 Posts

The flashing satellite is normal it only does this if A: the satellite you have chosen cannot be received or B: the TP you chose on that satellite can also not be received.

So its more than likely both the Sat and TP's footprint are not receivable from your location, This is not a fault of the Box and does not need to be restarted every time.

Also Most of the recent channel lists you can download and put on your box will be near enough bang up to date as the TP frequency's are gathered from either Kingofsat, Lyngsat or flysat and then added via DBedit, Sometimes the odd frequency may have changed and you might have to rescan that TP again for it to become active.

You already said in a previous post that the installer would set up the dish/motor to your receiver something he has not done which entitles you to call him back FOC and sort it out.

When i go to a job i dont take a spare reciever and setup a motorised system on my box i use the customers and set it up on there equipment, I mean the guy only needs to look on dishpointer and get your LON and LAT settings write them down and enter them in the Duo and fine tune the dish for you its not rocket science.

This Guy sounds a real cowboy he sets up your system on his receiver which probably still had his own settings left in then cannot be bothered to check with your receiver which you state is part of the service and then he charges a callout fee to rectify a problem he has caused Wonderful.

You have 3 choices either bite the bullet and get him back citing the fact the job was not done in the first place or do it yourself and read some guides or get someone out who knows what the F@*k he's doing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    154 Posts

The flashing sat always comes up when you select another sat.
    You can take this off if you like in advanced settings.
    How have you set it up with usals or none usals?

Andy.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by andy91 View Post
    The flashing sat always comes up when you select another sat.
    You can take this off if you like in advanced settings.
    How have you set it up with usals or none usals?

Andy.
    Yes thanks. I know that it always comes up when changing sats. Trouble is when it's still flashing a minute later when only moving from 9e to 13e.
    i'm going to try determine tonight if it's because the dish is out and can't find signal.
    I'm going to stick it on tring which i only get 37% snr, move it left and right to see if signal improves.
    If it does that shows it's not installed correctly.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

And it's on usals.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast