Register
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 491011121314

Thread: Alcohol Problem

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

Sorry guys not been on in sometime not really been drinking but have had other issues going on.

Feel like shit for not coming on here to be honest, but DK and a lot of its members mean a lot to me and with recent (well most likely long existing issues) I have done what I do and thats hide myself away.

Update on the drink I have one pint a week. I have had two slip ups.

I now have a bigger concern which to be honest is scaring the crap out of me and is most likely the cause of my abuse of alcohol and substances.

Hope everyone else is okay and it is good to sign back on already feeling at home

Rest In Peace Michael Mcharg, A true friend and although gone never forgotten. 11-10-08.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,089 Posts

garry live every thing to rest and start a Bootle a day will make you work rest and make you forget booze, from my experience mate.

Tools owned: Hammer, Chisel, Crowbar, Punch, Chainsaw, Cutter and Brain!!!

Did you know People will question all the good things they hear about you but believe all the bad without a second thought.

Note:
    All information given is to be used for educational purposes only and should not be taken seriously.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Listen to sj mate he's got a point. No point in hiding away gaz no matter what is or has happened you have a mate here who will never judge you but will give as much support as I can, been there done it and got the full wardrobe never mind just the t shirt. You may feel that you have found the root of the problem but if you be brutally honest with yourself you will have to admit you do what you do because you like it, you may not like yourself very much after but to bury your head in the sand is the same as hiding behind the bottle. It took me a long time to realise that what I thought was the cause of my drinking was just an excuse to hide away from admitting the real truth about how much I enjoyed it. And same as you mate alcohol was not my only escape substance. Stay strong pal and face your demons head on YOU CAN WIN with the help and support that can be found on here, you don't have to face this alone. We may not see you face to face but will always be here to talk.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

Sorry to hear you have more issues gaz what is it m8 serous if it is abstinence from alcohol is the only way be lucky m8...............
    I know you believe you understand what you think i said

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> BUT <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
    I am not sure you realise that what you heard is not what i meant !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by happy_highlander View Post
    Listen to sj mate he's got a point. No point in hiding away gaz no matter what is or has happened you have a mate here who will never judge you but will give as much support as I can, been there done it and got the full wardrobe never mind just the t shirt. You may feel that you have found the root of the problem but if you be brutally honest with yourself you will have to admit you do what you do because you like it, you may not like yourself very much after but to bury your head in the sand is the same as hiding behind the bottle. It took me a long time to realise that what I thought was the cause of my drinking was just an excuse to hide away from admitting the real truth about how much I enjoyed it. And same as you mate alcohol was not my only escape substance. Stay strong pal and face your demons head on YOU CAN WIN with the help and support that can be found on here, you don't have to face this alone. We may not see you face to face but will always be here to talk.
    Wont say to much the now guys but its not a case of hiding away being sober and dont know the best ways to describe it to be honest or were to even start but I am not well and once I know more myself I will fill use in as use have been a fantastic support and could not ask for better the two things I personally think it could be along with family members one of the side effects for both is misusing alcohol and drink and they tend to mask it from myself (not so much others) so coming off it seemed to reveal a lot also.

I went in to my own wee space which I thought was the right thing to do but I am very much glad to be back, theres no point fighting a battle on your own, I tried to push my family away (that includes CB) friends and all my friends on DK.

Well no longer I can let it beat me or man the ~~~~ up and kick its ass .

Rest In Peace Michael Mcharg, A true friend and although gone never forgotten. 11-10-08.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Good on you garry. I have stopped the bevvy as well. Been 12 weeks now. Focusing on getting a business up and running.

Was drinking non-alcohol becks at weekend when we had a barbecue. Some people looking at me funny but it didnt bother me at all. Was good just to have a "beer" when the sun was out but to be honest i dont miss it at all.

One thing i know for sure is when you have a sober head its much easier to get on and do things.

Any chance of reconciliation with you and CB?

Patience is a virtue.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cgscott View Post
    Good on you garry. I have stopped the bevvy as well. Been 12 weeks now. Focusing on getting a business up and running.

Was drinking non-alcohol becks at weekend when we had a barbecue. Some people looking at me funny but it didnt bother me at all. Was good just to have a "beer" when the sun was out but to be honest i dont miss it at all.

One thing i know for sure is when you have a sober head its much easier to get on and do things.

Any chance of reconciliation with you and CB?
    Not sure mate as said theres more to it than drinking I am not well, symptoms of two things it could be are misuse of drugs and alcohol along with other behaviour problems so to be honest I dont know bud what the future holds. I hope once I am sorted that I can get my own life back, get myself back and hopefully my family bud.

But in the meantime me and CB are being friendly and she has been very supportive and I am very thankful for that because she had a lot to deal with me :/

If we dont get back together mate at the end of the day shes still going to be a very amazing person to me and the best mum to my son I could ever imagine for

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

hi garry I hope you'll be happy again I'm very sorry to read a good book for you and I should not rely alone god bless you I pray.....!
    ​information sharing

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

good to hear your still fighting it gaz, don't hide away to much, your mind will start playing tricks otherwise,
    if you cant speak to anyone close you can always talk to your GP, try to keep yourself occupied.
    best of luck m8 keep at it.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Glad to hear your still fighting a good fight. You may still be having a rough time of it but just remember, you are still on the park so still in the game, good luck and stay strong and we'll all still be waiting when you come out the other side. :thumbup:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    134 Posts

Keep the chin up garry, it'll all be worth it. Give it time.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 491011121314