Register
Page 1 of 14 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: Alcohol Problem

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

Default Alcohol Problem

Right guys I think it's time for me to admit that I have a alcohol problem.

I drink daily, think about drinking, take drink along with prescription meds.

The taking them with prescription meds (diazepam and zopiclone) leaves me to black out and find myself doing things thats not right and that I would not normally do. Although I can black out on alcohol just on its own but not often with the meds its like every time.

I have now lost CB and she has taken our son.

I want to sort myself out I dont want to be without her, I dont want to be a part time dad and I dont want to do things that disgust me.

I have made a lot of mistakes in my adult life and I now realise that alcohol is always close by to the problem.

Are there any other DK members out there that have had a alcohol problem and came through it? Does anyone have any advice for me?

Sorry for getting serious on you guys but you have always helped me out.

Rest In Peace Michael Mcharg, A true friend and although gone never forgotten. 11-10-08.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

hallo from italy
    i can't help you but just u type this to all is a sign...
    evenif it's easy talk back a computer...
    but is a sign, i hope u will solve this bad problem...
    before u loose family that is the most important thing u have in your life
    i hope for you the best
    enrico

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Belloriccoefamoso View Post
    hallo from italy
    i can't help you but just u type this to all is a sign...
    evenif it's easy talk back a computer...
    but is a sign, i hope u will solve this bad problem...
    before u loose family that is the most important thing u have in your life
    i hope for you the best
    enrico
    Thanks mate not seen you around here before so hi.

Already lost them but need to get this sorted its no way to live my life im 25 ive lost my family, i am being a fool and slowly killing myself.

Rest In Peace Michael Mcharg, A true friend and although gone never forgotten. 11-10-08.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    154 Posts

Hi Garry,im no big drinker but in my job see so many people waste away with drink and think its a worse habit than drugs.
    I hope you have good people around you and get good support and things get better.
    Great you realise you have a problem and you can try and kick the habit.
    All the best mate.XX

Andy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by andy91 View Post
    Hi Garry,im no big drinker but in my job see so many people waste away with drink and think its a worse habit than drugs.
    I hope you have good people around you and get good support and things get better.
    Great you realise you have a problem and you can try and kick the habit.
    All the best mate.XX

Andy.
    Thanks Andy for your kind words

Sadly I have no one around me I live miles away from my family have no friends in the location I now stay, my own family has left me.

I do feel that admitting it has helped in some way but I know that in no way is that a cure I have a long battle and to be honest mate I am scared.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

hi to you too
    any words i try say....seem stupid...
    could be easy "talk"... i can't sorry
    for sure people will say you TONS of things
    but only inside you will find power to exit from this bad problem
    enrico

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    550 Posts

well you took the biggest step now having admitted the problem you have,yes drink can be a curse for a lot of people and your body cant take the extra stress,i dont drink so dont know how bad it gets for you but i do hope you get yourself sorted and reunite cb and your son again.

http://www.stopdrinkingadvice.org/
    Last edited by cactikid; 4th April, 2012 at 12:29 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    154 Posts

Hopefully this will go in a long way in you kicking the habit and you winning back Cb and your son.
    Ive seen so many people waste away because of drink including my own dad.
    Easy for outsiders to say just pack it in but hopefully there is help out there who can get you back on the straight and narrow,

Andy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

sorry to hear this garry. knock the beer on the head, you know whats more important. hope it all works out for you

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    550 Posts

does intimidation work as we could send a 1000 members from here to sort you out,remember you are not alone.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cactikid View Post
    well you took the biggest step now having admitted the problem you have,yes drink can be a curse for a lot of people and your body cant take the extra stress,i dont drink so dont know how bad it gets for you but i do hope you get yourself sorted and reunite cb and your son again.
    I hope I can get sorted to mate I am here in bits now realising that something as simple as a liquid can ruin your life, make you do things you would not do, change you as a person and push those away from you that you love.

I joined a alcohol support forum there thinking that would be another step to take, talk about the most awkward forum to use I have no idea on how to post a thread on it and I am no stranger to forums. You would think they would make it easy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by andy91 View Post
    Hopefully this will go in a long way in you kicking the habit and you winning back Cb and your son.
    Ive seen so many people waste away because of drink including my own dad.
    Easy for outsiders to say just pack it in but hopefully there is help out there who can get you back on the straight and narrow,

Andy.
    I am 25 Andy and I dont feel it, I feel ill in a way that I cant explain at times, I get pains through my body and arms and chest and I have even told myself before 'its probably the drink' but did it make me stop..... no

Sorry to hear about your dad mate. I want to fight this now more than ever I will, CB might not take me back but I have a son that needs his dad around.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    sorry to hear this garry. knock the beer on the head, you know whats more important. hope it all works out for you
    Thanks Grizz I am going to fight this I know whats important.

Quote Originally Posted by cactikid View Post
    does intimidation work as we could send a 1000 members from here to sort you out,remember you are not alone.
    Thanks Cact it means a lot. DK is full of great people I cant thank use enough not only for the sat help but other help also and the help use are giving me now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

really sorry to here that mate, but you've made the first step, in admitting you have a problem, your GP should be the first port of call there is a drug called Campral that has a good track record for curbing the urge,
    he can also point you to some advice centers, I wouldn't bother with AA, not much use,
    you have the incentive you need now, use your lad and CB as your focus to do this,
    the meds your on do not mix well with booze and can lead to hepatitis, keep that in mind.
    you sound ready to do this, so stay strong, get some good advice, and you'll do it, don't give up on your family, if CB sees your taking responsibility and doing something to curb your drinking all may not be lost.
    best of luck mate.

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    550 Posts

as far as i am aware you may have to reduce your daily intake of alcohol,maybe if your drinking at home and you use a big glass use a smaller one and gradually wean yourself off,i would deffo not mix pills and booze as too many other great people have gone before you,amy,michael,whitney,please dont follow them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tshirtman View Post
    really sorry to here that mate, but you've made the first step, in admitting you have a problem, your GP should be the first port of call there is a drug called Campral that has a good track record for curbing the urge,
    he can also point you to some advice centers, I wouldn't bother with AA, not much use,
    you have the incentive you need now, use your lad and CB as your focus to do this,
    the meds your on do not mix well with booze and can lead to hepatitis, keep that in mind.
    you sound ready to do this, so stay strong, get some good advice, and you'll do it, don't give up on your family, if CB sees your taking responsibility and doing something to curb your drinking all may not be lost.
    best of luck mate.
    I've lost CB for sure mate done some stupid things during black outs, not even stupid things down right disgraceful.

I will give the doctors a call in the morning mate and have taken a note of Campral because I do have urges, all the time.

I agree I dont think the AA would be for me I have looked in to it tonight but I just dont like there attitude towards it all.

As I said I have lost CB hard as that is to come to terms with I need to focus on my wee boy.

I have told myself for so long things like 'a man is entitled to a drink after his work' or 'whats the big deal most people have a drink to unwind' etc...... all excuses.

Page 1 of 14 12345611 ... LastLast