Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by andy91 View Post
    If thats your router ip it should be the same as the gateway on the box.
    That program works fine so it must be something your not doing right.
    As others have said did you put http://192.168.0.2 into your web browser(not google) and hit enter,it should come up with dreambox web control.
    If you're getting premium channels your network is fine so that program i sent you should work fine providing you put the correct details in it.

Andy.
    i have put http://192.168.0.2 both into chrome and internet explorer . i have also put it into firefox and the run command. both with no luck . il check my settings again . thanks for replying

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    154 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by huzy71 View Post
    i have put http://192.168.0.2 both into chrome and internet explorer . i have also put it into firefox and the run command. both with no luck . il check my settings again . thanks for replying
    Take it you have no virus or firewall blocking anything.
    Seems weird this not working for you if the box is connected ok and you can watch the likes of Sky.

Andy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    154 Posts

Did come across a mate who had trouble with a Netgear router.
    I kept the gateway and the nameserver the same and it worked but then one day wouldnt connect.
    If the end iChanged the nameserver to 194.168.4.100 which is Virgins Nameserver and it did the trick.
    You could try that and see if that works.

Andy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i have no virus or firewall blocking anything. also i disabled dhcp and assigned my own ip address but the box got scrambled and i STILL could not connect to the box . i enabled the DHCP and the channells worked again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    154 Posts

i have no virus or firewall blocking anything. also i disabled dhcp and assigned my own ip address but the box got scrambled and i STILL could not connect to the box . i enabled the DHCP and the channells worked again.
    Better to disable dhcp but the ip of the dreambox should mirror the routers ip barring the last to digits so you could make it 192.168.0.100 instead of .2
    Do this disable dhcp and reboot to take affect.
    Less chance of ip conflict,dont suppose you have ipad,iphone,xbox live also in your house?

That may be the reason due to ip conflict,setting a high last digits on dreambox will mean nothing clashes with the dreambox

Andy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i have psn and four blackberries ? Also 194.168.4.100 is my dhcp primary address and my secondary address is 194.168.8.100. I shall disable the dhcp again and then assign the ip to 192.168.0.100 and then reboot. and report back

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

the box is working fine. no scrambled messages but i still get the "Oops! Google Chrome could not connect to 192.168.2.100"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    154 Posts

i have psn and four blackberries ? Also 194.168.4.100 is my dhcp primary address and my secondary address is 194.168.8.100. I shall disable the dhcp again and then assign the ip to 192.168.0.100 and then reboot. and report back
    Instead of using the 2 nameservers above use the routers ip address which is the gateway and use that as the nameserver but you will only need one as the naameserver not 2.

Not very often you need to use Virgin as the namervers,most use the routers ip instead.

Andy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Instead of using the 2 nameservers above use the routers ip address which is the gateway and use that as the nameserver but you will only need one as the naameserver not 2.

Not very often you need to use Virgin as the namervers,most use the routers ip instead.

Andy.
    when you say name server do you mean dhcp primary and secondary ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    154 Posts

when you say name server do you mean dhcp primary and secondary ?
    Yes mate change the first one so it matches your gateway(router ip)

You dont need the second one,if it doesnt work put the others back but its worth a go.
    Did the .100 work with dhcp disabled?

Only other thing is ditch Chrome and try internet explorer.

Andy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yes mate change the first one so it matches your gateway(router ip)

You dont need the second one,if it doesnt work put the others back but its worth a go.
    Did the .100 work with dhcp disabled?

Only other thing is ditch Chrome and try internet explorer.

Andy.
    okay the nameservers thing did not work . i got scrambled for each premimum channel.

however the .100 thing did work and i find that my connection on the box is a bit more smoother now as well. and because of this i am keeping this setup. also i ditched chrome and tried it on IE 9 but i recieved the error "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    154 Posts

okay the nameservers thing did not work . i got scrambled for each premimum channel.

however the .100 thing did work and i find that my connection on the box is a bit more smoother now as well. and because of this i am keeping this setup. also i ditched chrome and tried it on IE 9 but i recieved the error "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage"
    Try the program i sent you and change the settings so you have your new dreambox setting with the .100 at the end.

Follow the guide you dont need to do all of it,just do it to the stage for watching it on a laptop.
    In the guide it shows you what settings they have to get it to work just copy them over.
    Im guessing they sent you a password to set it up?

Andy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Try the program i sent you and change the settings so you have your new dreambox setting with the .100 at the end.

Follow the guide you dont need to do all of it,just do it to the stage for watching it on a laptop.
    In the guide it shows you what settings they have to get it to work just copy them over.
    Im guessing they sent you a password to set it up?

Andy.
    the only password i have is 1111 which is to edit chanels and to add a parental lock and such

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    154 Posts

the only password i have is 1111 which is to edit chanels and to add a parental lock and such
    Is that the password they emailed you with?

Its not the one in the guide thats just an example.

Andy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12