Hello Jonnhybeast and thanks for sharing the file. This is my first post, I hope it is in the right place!
I have an Epson Stylus SX125 printer and even though I purchased a brand new official Epson black ink cartrigde last week and only printed a half page, today when I changed the other 3 color cartridges the printer manager screen showed me that the black ink needed to be changed too The bloody orange ink light is permanently lighted and I cannot print until I replace the 90% filled cartridge with a brand new one!

So I downloaded the program, followed the instructions but it did not work. When I clicked on "Check" I got the message: "The counter value has been read properly"... so I thought that we're all set.
Then after I ticked the 2 boxes and clicked on "initialize", and was asked to turn the printer off, I got the message "The waste ink pad coutner has been initialized properly. Turn on the printer and click on the [check] button to check the waste ink pad counter value"... I turned the printer back on, and when I clicked on "check" I got the message "the counter value has been read properly"... Back to square 1, the orange light of the ink is still on unfortunately
The first time I tried this, I briefly saw the Epson windows showing the level of ink in the background. Then nothing.

Can you help me please, what am I doing wrong? I have Windows 7 64 bits, perhaps this is the problem? I am an old fart and could use some step-by-step help, I am so sorry for the disturbance.
Any help will be most appreciated. Thank you.