Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Default 7020S remote streaming help needed

can anyone help please , im trying to stream my 7020S remotely outside my home network.i've tried to follow the sticky and basically got totally lost with that.im running darkstar II and i've treid to follow upteen tutorials and im lost as to which were and how.
    im fine streaming within my home network using my router ,firefox and WEB-X-TV and my dyndns ( *******.gotdns.com) but when i try to stream say on my laptop at a m8's i struggle.
    i've tried to use :-
    VLC player
    dreamview
    ngrablite
    VLCfrontend
    and now my heads screwed as to how and what's the simplest to use.
    any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

right with a little bit of help elsewere i got this far;-
    i set up a 2nd modem so off the home network and typed into firefox browser my dyndns account name so call this
    fayguy.gotdns.com
    i then entered the username/password of my dreambox 7020S and got the "nabilosat control panel for my box open.
    i then clicked on the "vpid" tab nr the top right and saved the M3u.file to my laptop.
    thing is though when i x2 click on it VLC player opens but nothing then i noticed its looking for the actual IP of the dreambox say 192.168.0.25;31339 and not the IP of the modem im streaming from at home say 92.678.99.54:31339 and in nabliosat page my dreambox IP is written at the top.

if i open the saved M3u file in notepad and change the 192.168.0.25:31339 to 92.678.99.54:31339 (modem IP ) it opens in VLC player and begins to stream a TV picture but it freezes for 20-30seconds at a time and only plays for a split second.can anyone please help me from there with the settings in VLC player or know how to get WEB-X-TV to work as im nearly there after 2 days solid at this .
    Last edited by loncell; 21st January, 2009 at 08:27 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default need some info on streaming also

Hi guys,
    My first post. I'm trying to stream my dreambox onto my LAN. I tried the tunsia solution, it works great. except that if i try from another room. The room I startedin stops.

If anyone can help me multicast a dreambox channel I would really appreciate it.

Looking out doe your response(s)

Rayzorback

DM500-S, 7000, 7020
    Viewsat Ultra
    Coolsat
    Pansat