Guide to Creating a Technomate Channel List from Scratch - Page 2
Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

yeh did that clicked on yes for all feeds - im gnna try using this tp ndf on the box in a while once mrs' films over and running the auto navigation hopefully its just what ive been asking for to find feeds too and shouldnt throw up any tp memory probs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

do you forsee any problems if ive clicked yes to Scan on all sats, all feeds and put All in the other column? obviously i wanted a comprehensive scan but taking into account what you told me about my other list im now thinking that i may have overdone it and should have left the last column as i found it?

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,742 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by badman56 View Post
    yeh did that clicked on yes for all feeds - im gnna try using this tp ndf on the box in a while once mrs' films over and running the auto navigation hopefully its just what ive been asking for to find feeds too and shouldnt throw up any tp memory probs

I have no idea what your ARC coverage is like but on your previous list you had Sats up to 75? east which is well below the UK horizon, i have only seen a few people who managed 68.5? east and they had the lay of the land sloping and where in high rise tower blocks.

Most ARC's are around say 57? east to around 45? west for Ku, its also dependant on dish size as well, as i stated in a previous post i pulled in around 9300 TV Channels alone without any feeds from the above ARC i mentioned thats on a 1.25m Gibertini so be careful what you scan for because half way through you could end up with another memory full situation.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

got you - as id said i only searched Kos satellites that the person who installed the system's channel list had listed and had worked - he did say that due to a lack of noise (rural area), trees and position that i did have access to a really impressive Arc with a few quite difficult sats

i'll have a play with jETSET's method and alter my scans should it cause the dreaded tp/channel full message - more likely to be a channel full list id say as the jetset file is showing 1642 tps and my default chnl list (left by the installer) has something like 2456 tps on it

if it does cause a problem its not the end of the world is it ive still got a backup of my original chnl list

out of interest is there any way on the tm5420 to just scan then add new channels without replacing all the current ones or worse still duplicating them all ? i think the answer will be no and thats why jetsets method exists but thought id ask in case im missing the obvious with auto nav, advanced search and blind scan
    Last edited by badman56; 9th August, 2012 at 01:46 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i already have my channel list sorted, is there a way of getting the transponders for a satellite from kingofsat into my current channel list? to save me either having to do a blind scan or lose my current channel lists?

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,742 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by yubious View Post
    i already have my channel list sorted, is there a way of getting the transponders for a satellite from kingofsat into my current channel list? to save me either having to do a blind scan or lose my current channel lists?
    You would be better using Clark Tech Studio editor for what you are asking

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by digicon View Post
    You would be better using Clark Tech Studio editor for what you are asking
    thats the software i have but cant see anyway of loading transponders from a website??

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,742 Posts

In clarke tech editor do the following

Click Options - Settings and tick the Direct connection under the Internet tab.

Then goto File - import choose web and then press import, this will then ask which satellites you want importing and either TVkos,Bouquetkos etc...

Regards

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Does "jetsetw"'s excel spreadsheet work using Libreoffice (or Openoffice)? I am new to this website so I cannot yet verify this myself.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,742 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hg80 View Post
    Does "jetsetw"'s excel spreadsheet work using Libreoffice (or Openoffice)? I am new to this website so I cannot yet verify this myself.
    Only one way to find out give it a try

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by digicon View Post
    Only one way to find out give it a try
    Sound advice. OK so the spreadsheet loads but surprise surprise the macro does not function. I plan on investigating but cannot provide a work schedule.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Thanks

Great Guide, thanks for the info.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Exactly what I've been looking for many thanks

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,742 Posts

Latest Version thanks again to Jetsetw for creating this all credit where its due

Updated spreadsheet attached here - version 2.2.2
    This is a minor update: some tweaked satellite names, a couple of empty satellites removed,
    and all URLs & beams corrected for Lyngsat, King of Sat, and Flysat. I did not need to make
    any changes to the actual VBA code - the websites still store TP information in the same way.

This spreadsheet is only useful if you are a new Technomate owner, or if you like to keep
    your channel list up to date every once in a while. For full details, please read post 15.

(I suspect it will become increasingly redundant now that there is a new editor out by the
    TechSat team!)

Back up your own channel list before loading the list produced by this macro.

Jetset
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Thanks for your kind words, digicon. I've only just discovered the spreadsheet has migrated here to the DK forum :-)

v2.2.2 is indeed the latest version. I'm happy to answer any questions about it here, although post 1 should explain just about everything.

Warning: never load anyone else's channel list into your receiver without first making a backup copy of your current list.

Jetset

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast