Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Help with Hi-Grade Laptop Please.

I am trying to fix my mate? laptop (Hi-Grade VA250D) , can anyone advice how to reset it to manufacturer settings please there is a partition with 13 GB data but how can I get to it I tried all function keys but no joy any help would be appreciated. ThanX
    If you like my post pleas click on the little button to say thank you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Salami View Post
    I am trying to fix my mate? laptop (Hi-Grade VA250D) , can anyone advice how to reset it to manufacturer settings please there is a partition with 13 GB data but how can I get to it I tried all function keys but no joy any help would be appreciated. ThanX

Try F8 as it's booting, safe mode see if you can do anyhting from there m8.Or try pressing the delete key see if it lets you into the bios,then see if you can select anything from there.
    Long shot but worth a go.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by dell_xps View Post
    Try F8 as it's booting, safe mode see if you can do anyhting from there m8.Or try pressing the delete key see if it lets you into the bios,then see if you can select anything from there.
    Long shot but worth a go.
    Hi Dell,
    Thanx M8 for your reply, I have tried F8 for safe mode and also the system utility through Delete button and no joy usually is one of the function keys (F9, F10, F11 or F12) do the trick but this Lappy is rubbish should be named (Low-Grade) well is not rated in the Market as you know Just hoping that someone has a manual for it may provide me with an answer.
    You are a gentlemen M8 thanx for your time and will speak to you soon.
    Last edited by Salami; 7th February, 2009 at 12:10 AM. Reason: Correction

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Hi-Grade Computers' Technical FAQ

Sais F10 there m8, worth a look.
    Good luck.

I want to run the F10 Recovery but pressing F10 when prompted does nothing. My system has a USB keyboard
    Turn the system on and then start tapping the DELETE key until the system should display a blue setup screen. Use the cursor / arrow keys to highlight INTEGRATED PERIPHERIALS and then press ENTER. Now highlight the VIA ON-CHIP PCI DEVICE (this option will vary slightly from different systems) option and press ENTER.

Now highlight the USB EMULATION option and press ENTER. A list of options should now appear, highlight KB/MS and then press ENTER. Finally press F10 followed by ENTER to save and exit out of this screen. You should now be able to run the F10 Recovery option when prompted.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by dell_xps View Post

Sais F10 there m8, worth a look.
    Good luck.

I want to run the F10 Recovery but pressing F10 when prompted does nothing. My system has a USB keyboard
    Turn the system on and then start tapping the DELETE key until the system should display a blue setup screen. Use the cursor / arrow keys to highlight INTEGRATED PERIPHERIALS and then press ENTER. Now highlight the VIA ON-CHIP PCI DEVICE (this option will vary slightly from different systems) option and press ENTER.

Now highlight the USB EMULATION option and press ENTER. A list of options should now appear, highlight KB/MS and then press ENTER. Finally press F10 followed by ENTER to save and exit out of this screen. You should now be able to run the F10 Recovery option when prompted.
    Hi Dell,

Cheers M8 that was help full but I will try it an other time.
    I managed to get a recovery CD copy frome a friend who uses exactlly the same laptop run on Vista Home Basic and worked.

If any member needs a copy of it I can upload it to file sharing and post a link of it in PC software.
    Dell you are a great helper M8 thank you so much.

Top Poster +
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

HI salami
    I know this is a old post but im having same problem you had months ago formatting your m8's hi grade va250d vista home basic laptop and i need a copy of the restore disc if you still have it ?

thanks in advance pob639

ive also pm you just in case you miss this message

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by pob639 View Post
    HI salami
    I know this is a old post but im having same problem you had months ago formatting your m8's hi grade va250d vista home basic laptop and i need a copy of the restore disc if you still have it ?

thanks in advance pob639

ive also pm you just in case you miss this message
    That is fine I have received your PM and replyed to it.
    Yes I still got the Recovery CD's for Hi-Grade Laptop and I don't mind to send you a Copy of them M8.
    Cheers: Salami

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

hello mate

I used to have a high grade lappy, my first desktop was a highgrade, still going strong , im sure its f5 f6 you want to be pressing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi guys needing some help with the same laptop, problem is I cant get it to boot from the cd drive it has vista but it is passworded so I cant get in, need a recovery disc and some help on getting it to boot. I have changed the boot priority but it still wont work with the xp disc i am using.

Its definately not the disc I am using as I've previously used it on a number of pc's.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi all,

I too am having problems with a "Hi" Grade laptop my sister has: Taking half an hour to boot properly, missing file. and worst of all no recovery disk.

Have you still got that disk Salami, and if so could you kindly send it along to me, so I can fix this heap of junk for my sister?

Many thanks in advance. I've also sent this message in a PM too.

Regards,

Phil

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by plethorapurity View Post
    Hi all,

I too am having problems with a "Hi" Grade laptop my sister has: Taking half an hour to boot properly, missing file. and worst of all no recovery disk.

Have you still got that disk Salami, and if so could you kindly send it along to me, so I can fix this heap of junk for my sister?

Many thanks in advance. I've also sent this message in a PM too.

Regards,

Phil
    Yes I do in deed and is a great pleasure to help M8 I have read your PM and as soon as you reply to it the recovery DVD for HI-Grade will be on it's way to you and any one else who has the same request more than welcome.
    I have had lots of help from this forum and I am willing to do the same for others.
    What a Forum guys is the best forum in the village that is full of good friends even we never meet before.

Hey Merry Christmas to everyone and a happy new year when it comes Guys
    Salami.
    Last edited by Salami; 25th December, 2009 at 03:42 AM.

Top Poster +
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

youd may like to thank dell_xps for that great info on about recovery disk problems and other soultions.

any use to anyone

Hi-Grade VA250D Manual's

Vista manual

pdf

http://88.38.80.62/Notebook/VA250D/V...ual_Ver1.0.pdf

download zip

http://88.38.80.62/Notebook/VA250D/V...ual_Ver1.0.zip

XP manual

pdf

http://88.38.80.62/Notebook/VA250D/W...ual_Ver2.0.pdf

download zip

http://88.38.80.62/Notebook/VA250D/W...ual_Ver2.0.zip
    Last edited by Reapers; 26th December, 2009 at 02:30 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default HIGRADE VA250D Issues

Hi, I have a problem with the VA205d.
    I tried to install Vista SP1 but this failed during the install. I now have a corrupt Vista installation, could I please get a copy of the recovery disc from Salami.
    Thanks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Riverwalks View Post

Hi, I have a problem with the VA205d.
    I tried to install Vista SP1 but this failed during the install. I now have a corrupt Vista installation, could I please get a copy of the recovery disc from Salami.
    Thanks.
    Hi,

More than welcome M8 but the recovery tools are for Hi-Grade va250p just give it a try

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums...ry-dvds-89205/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Salami View Post
    Hi Dell,

Cheers M8 that was help full but I will try it an other time.
    I managed to get a recovery CD copy frome a friend who uses exactlly the same laptop run on Vista Home Basic and worked.

If any member needs a copy of it I can upload it to file sharing and post a link of it in PC software.
    Dell you are a great helper M8 thank you so much.
    hi
    I desperatly need a recovery disk for a Hi grade va250d, system crashing on boot (bsod).
    I have tried vista recovery (iso image on cd) but unable to repair says I have a bad driver.
    any ideas or help would be appreciated.
    regards
    tim

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast