Top Poster +
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

that's the one I am using, just checked

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SatSearching View Post
    Download the one from this forum posted by AL as it will be a genuine one.

If you want to beta test, then best ask on the commando creators forum?

SS
    Last edited by spudorange; 28th June, 2012 at 05:51 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default dm 500-s

I have got DM 500-S form friend but not working only 6 or 7 chennel I can watch please help. I am in usa trying to watch chennels for anik f3 [118.0 W] setellite.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SatSearching View Post
    Download the one from this forum posted by AL as it will be a genuine one.

If you want to beta test, then best ask on the commando creators forum?

SS
    Nobody has to 'ask' to be a beta tester on the mother ship really, SS. When LraiZer first came up with his idea for SML and AutoBouquets roughly a month back, that's when we realized that a beta image was needed, as it required a major reshuffle of the root squashfs r/o partition in order to accommodate the very phat dvbsnoop binary that Laz needed in the image for his new stuff.

He thought that TC wouldn't contemplate such a drastic move, So Renny and I decided to shock him, by going down his road, making room in root for the added binary, by evicting many Plugins out to the r/w /var partition. This change also gave 14.6 users the option to remove what plugins they don't want, ie selected Games, TuxcCom, TuxTxt (but FCS don't remove the getepg Plugin, or you'll be cutting your nose off to spite your face, LOL! That plugin is in /var for a VERY good reason, believe us!)

Bottom line is- the beta 14.6 was a public release, had good feedback and suggestions from testers, and it all helped 14.6 release get off with what looks like a fairly benign start, TG! So belated thanks to everyone that contributed, and apologies for not mentioning your valued input in the 14.6 release notes, which were done 'on the fly' basically...

Cheers- AL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TEL3PRASH View Post
    I have got DM 500-S form friend but not working only 6 or 7 chennel I can watch please help. I am in usa trying to watch chennels for anik f3 [118.0 W] setellite.
    Satsearcing has ALL the sats covered in USA from East to West, driving along the old Route 66 , friend, and yours is no exception...

Only problem is, you seem to be trying to Scan on the wrong Sat to me?

Try this one:

AnikF3/D-TV7S/Echo 14 119.0W

which is 1?W of what you are looking for, but as that sat is 23,500 miles up there above Earth's Equator in geosyncronous orbit, that 1? variance might make all the difference?

HEY! Feedback required, please! Did our new TimeZone menu work for you, please? (Sorry it took you so many key presses, but you do feel you've been around the World in 80 seconds, don't you?)

Cheers- AL

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I flashed my box,had to use a old dream up from 2007 and i never pressed flash erase and the image went onto the box,Problem i have now is when i ftp cccam2.1.4 to var/bin it transfers no problem. when i press blue button /extra menu/ cccam is not there.I have 14.5 running on another dm500s i copied the cccam from this to my hard drive and ftp to the box running 14.6 and i still cant see the cam,Any idea on what is wrong?
    Last edited by phat1; 2nd July, 2012 at 12:40 PM. Reason: spelling

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Ok i'm sorted now,Had a look around the image and found the info filein var/ etc/info and seen the CCcam2.1.4 goes into var/bin/emu and change the name of the cam to CCcam and it works fine

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Can somebody upload the info document here please

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Certified View Post
    Can somebody upload the info document here please
    as it says in the first post

=====================
    A library of readme docs explaining all the below, and much more
    but sadly, nobody ever reads them. We've made it as easy as possible, with all docs linux formatted for comfortable local viewing on your telly with Tuxbox Commander from the Blue button, so go on- have a browse, please, yes? The docs folder is the default right pane in TuxCom, just arrow Up or Down to hilite the doc, then press OK to view it. Or read via FTP in the /var/etc/info folder.
    =====================

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts

Here's the library of C14.6 docs anyway
    Attached Files Attached Files

adamalmogia

I cant connect to flash fxp!! when i go into the settings/network... no i.p address!! i fiddled around and it let me enter an i.p address so i made one up 192.168.100.100

i have put the login as Root and password as commando and it doesnt connect.... where am i going wrong guys :s

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by adamalmogia View Post
    I cant connect to flash fxp!! when i go into the settings/network... no i.p address!! i fiddled around and it let me enter an i.p address so i made one up 192.168.100.100

i have put the login as Root and password as commando and it doesnt connect.... where am i going wrong guys :s
    Hallo, Adam. C14.6 is set to DHCP ON by default, so your LAN router should have picked it up straight away. The dopey sod has probably issued your dm500 with a different ip address to what your'e used to?

Just go into the Network settings again, and put DHCP back to ON. then RED to restart network. Then GREEN to test network settings. All looking good? Fine, now press the Info key to see active net settings, and make a note of what IP your router has dished out for dm500

Come out of that menu back to Settings, and hit RED to save. Now try that IP in FlashFXP (and Telnet). User = root and pass = Anything you like for FTP, so long as you have one character there. Telnet won't even ask you for a pass (as C14.6 already trusts you)

Cheers- AL

adamalmogia

Al, I have put dhcp back to on and pressed red and saved,
    When I press test network now it says dbox:is un reachable (host or protocol error)
    And the same for default gateway etc etc
    And the info (show active networt settings) it says network inactive :-( not good Lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by adamalmogia View Post
    Al, I have put dhcp back to on and pressed red and saved,
    When I press test network now it says dbox:is un reachable (host or protocol error)
    And the same for default gateway etc etc
    And the info (show active networt settings) it says network inactive :-( not good Lol
    I take it you have Start network at boot - ON ???

ok, let's try giving your dm500 a static IP then. Can you go into your router web i/f and report back on all IP adresses it is currently seeing, it's own IP, and the DNS IP it's using, please?

Cheers- AL

adamalmogia

yes i saved as on but if i turn the box off and then back on it goes back yo off and i am saving the settings!! its driving me mad i dont have a clue why it has decided not to work even the router cant find it on static!!

adamalmogia

i have used the same network able for my xbox and the router pucks it up so its not the router or the network cable

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast