Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just got a replacement clone from seller after the ist one packed in after 3 days with psu failure. (They 1st sent a replacement PSU which didnt work)
    Now this one worked at first (2 days) but now it keeps rebooting

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cactikid View Post
    no idea how many in total but photos like that i can see the figure rising,yet been the word.any sparks or techie will say all contacts need to be good and clean,not rusted,not fit for use i say=safety first.
    Providing the connections are sound and solid then the external/surface rust shouldn't really matter. I had a rusty PSU and being worried did pull it apart to confirm that the solder connections were good, which they were. To me it looks like the PSUs are start to oxidise after they have been assembled so probably during storage.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

the psu,s are a let down for the rest of the box to be honest its a shame as there good most other ways

the psu,s must be made for nothing as i got 5 spares for 10 dollars each from china

but i still have not had any failures in the 25 odd boxs
    i have had from january

there must be a few new factory's starting to make these now as i think the v2 boxs seem to be worse than the v1,s

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    498 Posts

Did you put another image on it after you received it ?

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I asked about this "updated PSU" over on the ferrari forums and they too reckon it's marketing bull as nobody has heard of there being any updates, well 1 person has responded

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by potrobber View Post
    the psu,s are a let down for the rest of the box to be honest its a shame as there good most other ways

the psu,s must be made for nothing as i got 5 spares for 10 dollars each from china

but i still have not had any failures in the 25 odd boxs
    i have had from january

there must be a few new factory's starting to make these now as i think the v2 boxs seem to be worse than the v1,s
    I had conformation that the PSUs aren't made in "the factory" and that they are simply sourced from the general market.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Fresher, another thing, don't know if you're aware but some people have had problems getting a clone to drive a motor. Seen reports ranging from it doesn't work to it works intermittently. Conclusion seems to be that the box doesn't have the power to reliably drive the motor.

Not a post to worry you, just a heads up, as you may not have any probs and as you have 2 of these boxes I'd try both in case 1 drives the motor better than the other.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Thought I'd update this thread, had another post on the Ferrari forums and supposedly there is a new revision, it's supposed to be better built, use better components and now has thermal paste between the components and heatsinks. I've asked for pics when the poster gets their revised model, maybe this will the end of clones going boom

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123