Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default vu+ duo newb help please!

Hi, ive been with sly for years and im fed up paying ?90 a month to them, i have taken the leap and im currently waiting on 2 vu+ duo clones to be delivered, i will hopefully get them installed, along with a new satellite, this weekend. one of the main reasons for leaving sly as well is to get all the saturday afternoon kick offs on the football. (hopefully i can get that sorted too).

the receivers will be enigma 2 ready and it will come installed with blackhole. i decided not to get the extra hard drives installed as i thought i could do that myself, it would be cheaper and i know what im doing with computers etc, my question is, do i need to install blackhole onto the new hard drives or can i just plug the hdd's in and it will work along side my current blackhole image? ie what all do i need to do to get the hard drives up and running.

also is there a guide on how to flash the vu+duo with blackhole? i heard these clones can be bricked if its not done right, i just want to be extra careful.

is it worth buying a couple of spare usb pen drives to keep flash images on them?

sorry if these are newb questions, this is all new to me, i feel im in way over my head but im willing to have a go at all this!

thanks for all the help!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

No m8 the hard drive is plug and play format to fat 32 there must be a guide hear...................

Check this link if not right it be there somewhere m8 just have a read or ask...................
    Last edited by lagerland; 28th June, 2012 at 11:56 AM.
    I know you believe you understand what you think i said

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> BUT <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
    I am not sure you realise that what you heard is not what i meant !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

hi freasher

your duo clone,s will come with blackhole 1.72 on them so you do not need to flash them just leave them as is
    you can change skins boot up logos to suit your needs

i do not see the need for all this image changing

i think most that keep changing images just get bored
    and this is where problems start people start trying to do things that there not sure how to do

at the end of the day there just to watch tv on and use the plugins and the image your box comes with will do this with no problems

so please do not start of by flashing it, the image on there is fine

if you can get the harddrives out of sky + boxs these fit ok and you just go to menu/setup/harddrive and initialize them

the first thing to do with your clone box is check all the connections are fully pushed home on all circuit boards

as there has been a few people with psu faults i have had more than 30 clones so far and have not had one psu go yet

but i did at the start have a couple of none starters and this was down to the cable connection between
    psu and main board not being fully pushed home

and as for your usb sticks you can store the image files on your computer and load to usb as you need them but as i said i would leave image flashing to way down the line learn about your box first

set your boxs up as is and enjoy
    Last edited by potrobber; 28th June, 2012 at 11:56 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks. can i format the hdd's within the receiver or does it need to be done via the pc first?

how do i install a decent channel list? ive seen people talk about using a sly channel list as such, its just i need a clear basic one for the parents which is easy to understand. they've been using sly for years so anything that is close to that would be brilliant. can this be done via the receiver as well?

ps. the receivers just came thro the door!

Thanks again for the help, i really appreciate it!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

the best way i find for uk sat lists is sgt flipflops lists
    which are here on site

and use dreamboxedit to install the lists on your duo,s after arranging the channels the way you need them

and yes i just fit hard drives out sky+ boxs and let the duo format them im not sure about new hard drive tho as i like the sky ones best
    Last edited by potrobber; 28th June, 2012 at 12:08 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

Dont no with that one m8 im sure your be put right................
    I know you believe you understand what you think i said

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> BUT <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
    I am not sure you realise that what you heard is not what i meant !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

thanks.

do i need to know anything about these CCcams? can the CCcam be downloaded via the duo box? sorry again for soundling like a newb.

Thanks
    Last edited by Fresher; 28th June, 2012 at 12:17 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

download tspanal its a ipk file then ftp it into tmp folder

then go to duo and hit green button then yellow button then manual install ipk files

install it then restart your box and in menu you will see tspanal update it to latest if not on it using yellow button

then go to addons i use linuxsat_support_addons and you will find all the cams configs and much everything else you need for your duo to download onto box

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

When I got my clone it had BH 1.7.0 installed and CCCam was already installed, so it was a case of adding an line, adding your bouquet and away you go.

In terms of flashing, I agree with what's been said above, while you're learning keep the image that the box came with, after you've worked your way around the box then you can think of flashing a diff image.

For me personally, I've had other sat boxes, I ended up flashing to ViX the very next day but when I got my first dm800hd clone I kept the Gemini image that it came with for a good week or 2 whilst I did lots of reading.

In terms of HDD, I'd personally recommend getting a 2.5" laptop drive to install as I've read too many reports of boxes not booting after a 3.5" HDD has been installed in a clone. I think the PSU in a clone is a weak point.

Another thing, you'll never be able to get the box to look like or work like a sly box so there will be a learning curve, my still asks me what button do I press even after a year+ of using an enigma2 box

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

thanks guys.

is it possible to maybe change the psu? tho on the website i bought these off it stated "NEW VERSION UPGRADED PSU", maybe it will be fine?

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    498 Posts

So wouldn't you already have the same psu?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hopefully its not one of these "dodgy" types, is there a way to tell?

thanks

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fresher View Post
    thanks guys.

is it possible to maybe change the psu? tho on the website i bought these off it stated "NEW VERSION UPGRADED PSU", maybe it will be fine?
    Not heard that one, I've not had info about upgrade/updated PSUs in the clones, I'm sure it would have been mentioned as any new feature and they normally send out emails.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fresher View Post
    hopefully its not one of these "dodgy" types, is there a way to tell?

thanks
    Open it up and post up some pics of it, I'd be very interested

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

wish i hadnt of opened them up now! looks like shoddy work in there, will post pics in a minute once i upload them.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast