Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Recording issue on vu+duo

Hi folks, i discovered to-night that i can only record 1 channel and watch another. I need to be able to record at least 2 channels while watching another. I hear of people being able to record up to 8 channels. How can i increase the number of channels that can be recorded simultaneously . I am led to believe i need a transponder. Can anyone give me an idiots guide on how to solve this recording problem. Thanks in advance for replies.

The best i have been able to achieve, is, being able to record 2 channels simultaneously a blank screen and not being able to watch anything.
    Last edited by clem58; 14th July, 2012 at 03:11 AM. Reason: grammer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    214 Posts

To be able to record 2 channels while watching another, two of the three channels would need to be on the same transponder. Each transponder only have a few channels which are usually affiliated so it's unlikely the channels you wanna record will be on the same transponder, BBC HD, BBC 1 HD & ITV HD are though.

You might wanna look into getting an Vu+ Ultimo.

You can check transponders here; http://en.kingofsat.net/pos-28.2E.php

Last edited by DeejayAJ; 14th July, 2012 at 05:38 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by DeejayAJ View Post
    To be able to record 2 channels while watching another, two of the three channels would need to be on the same transponder. Each transponder only have a few channels which are usually affiliated so it's unlikely the channels you wanna record will be on the same transponder, BBC HD, BBC 1 HD & ITV HD are though.

You might wanna look into getting an Vu+ Ultimo.

You can check transponders here; Astra 1N / Astra 2A / Astra 2B / Astra 2D / Eutelsat 28A (28.2E) - All transmissions - frequencies - KingOfSat
    Just bought this a wk ago, maybe sometime down the line. What difference would that make?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Each tuner can only record / watch one transponder at any one time.

For example if you have two recordings taking place on BBC1 and SKY1 you will not be able to watch or record any thing else unless it is on one of those two transponders.

Try as above, set two recordings from BBC1 and SKY1 then pull up the channel list, the channels not available to you will be grayed out and not selectable, those you can select will be as normal.

The screenshot included shows this as on my uno i have set a recording on the BBC news channel, now when i pull up the channel list all channels but those on the same transponder as BBC news are grayed out and not selectable, Those channels on the same transponder however are available to use as normal.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I understand that now, it never crops up that often as everything repeated that often, but it did last night and thats when i discovered the problem. Can the vu+duo pause rewind live tv? i can pause but not rewind or would it have to be in record mode? if that even makes sense. Thanks for your help guys, you lot are a fountain of knowledge

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by clem58 View Post
    I understand that now, it never crops up that often as everything repeated that often, but it did last night and thats when i discovered the problem. Can the vu+duo pause rewind live tv? i can pause but not rewind or would it have to be in record mode? if that even makes sense. Thanks for your help guys, you lot are a fountain of knowledge
    yes using the permanent timeshift option.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    214 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by clem58 View Post
    Just bought this a wk ago, maybe sometime down the line. What difference would that make?
    The Ultimo has 3 tuners so can record 3 transponders compared to the Duo's 2.

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    550 Posts

when i went to set up a recording of a program i pressed the wrong button and the program i wanted to record came up about 15 times and different days and times,handy if things clash as you know its repeated.dont know what i pressed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by RuberDuck View Post
    yes using the permanent timeshift option.
    I have read through a thread and thought maybe best to ask you.
    I have a problem recording more than one channel at a time. I am setup with two tuners, one for sly 28.2E and the other, more importantly for BBC on 27.5W.
    I can only record and watch the same channel at any one time, it will record more but I only get a blank screen on playback, I know with TMs using 27.5 W that playback must be whilst on the channel recorded however this doesn't seem to work with my Duo2. I have tried settings on record like don't descarmmble and ECM etc but no luck. I can record one channel from each tuner at the same time i.e. a sky channel and a bbc channel, but that's it.

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    550 Posts

that sounds about right as you are using other sat also,but if recording a channel on 28.2 you should be able to view another channel on same tp,if you look at channel list you will see loads greyed out and others normal you can view that channel as its on the same tp,same with other sat if recording on that also.you can play recordings from hdd while recording on other 2 sats.
    you should be able to record 3 on same tp on each tuner as i recorded 6 on 2 x feeds on 28.2 but on 2 different tps.