Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: bouquet editing

Top Poster +
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by digicon View Post
    I have never once had to scan any satellites for the channels after loading catseye Bouquet, This may be a ballache but i would suggest you do a reflash of the BH image and start from scratch as in set everything up as you usually do but before you put any plugins or any cams in straight away download the settings from the feeds and reboot the box and then try different free channels on different sats to make sure your box is OK.
    OK, done this - reloaded BH 1.7.4 this time.
    Setup USALS on Tuner A
    No sat scans on initial setup. No plugins.
    Pushed 13th July Catseye list to box.
    Favourites folders are there, nothing inside them other than loads of N/A, as before
    I recon they will only be populated if I scan each sat.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,742 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by meggiedude View Post
    OK, done this - reloaded BH 1.7.4 this time.
    Setup USALS on Tuner A
    No sat scans on initial setup. No plugins.
    Pushed 13th July Catseye list to box.
    Favourites folders are there, nothing inside them other than loads of N/A, as before
    I recon they will only be populated if I scan each sat.

I have not seen this for a long time the only time i have seen it is when the channel list has not loaded properly and become corrupt somehow, But that generally happens when you load the list manually via DBedit or another program.

Like i said i have never ever scanned when i load a list all channels are there and populated.

Top Poster +
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have not seen this for a long time the only time i have seen it is when the channel list has not loaded properly and become corrupt somehow, But that generally happens when you load the list manually via DBedit or another program.

Like i said i have never ever scanned when i load a list all channels are there and populated.
    To be fair I did tweak the 13th July Catseye list via DBedit to remove regional duplication on BBC/ITV - so that's a possible suspect???

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    550 Posts

does the box need a reboot to show them?seen something similar.

Top Poster +
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cactikid View Post
    does the box need a reboot to show them?seen something similar.
    It needs a reboot every time you upload the bouquet. Thats recommended and that's what I've been doing every time.
    Now tried completely fresh catseyes bouquet with no DCE edits.
    Same issue.
    Did a scan on 28.2e and the UK channels appear in the favourites lists.

So you saying with a cats eye load that there absolutely no need to do any scanning from a complete virgin box coz I am completely confused now.

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    550 Posts

ah silly question are you looking in the favourites blue button for them,many people think its time wasted as you load a recent bouquet with channels and work off that,i sometimes have had to download twice with the n/a showing bad internet glitch.?
    was the catseyes the correct one for your area relook at the settings
    Last edited by cactikid; 16th July, 2012 at 12:04 AM.

Top Poster +
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cactikid View Post
    ah silly question are you looking in the favourites blue button for them,many people think its time wasted as you load a recent bouquet with channels and work off that,i sometimes have had to download twice with the n/a showing bad internet glitch.?
    was the catseyes the correct one for your area relook at the settings
    Sorry - lost me a little here. Despite this being my 2nd machine I am still a relative newbie. After all the prev Duo only lasting 24hrs (and this ones already lasted twice that - )
    So to get to another sat folder I press the central up or down arrow. Hit favourites, then move to the sat folder I want to go to, i.e from the 28.2E FTA folder to one of the 19.2E ones.
    Without scanning the respective sat I don't see anything in these folders. Thats on either BH 1.7.6 or a fresh virgin 1.7.4.
    BTW there is nothing wrong with the internal LAN or connection to internet. On 1.7.6 I had 1channel working fine and dandy for instance and I can get VuCC, DCE and the Webif apps working fine on both versions on BH.

The only issue I did prev see was when I tried to load TSPanel via .ipk on 1.7.6 as I could not see it in the addons and it said it was already loaded. Bizarre.

So far on 1.7.4 I have the 13th July Catseyes no new addons. The only thing I have loaded is crossepg (after loading the bouquets and failing as above) and USALS.

OK after a favour here.
    To see if this is an issue with the Catseyes bouquet and a fresh BH load, is anyone prepared to flatten their box back to either BH 1.7.4 or 1.7.6 and just load the 13th July bouquet via VuCC, with USALS config and no prior sat scanning??? Please???
    Last edited by meggiedude; 16th July, 2012 at 08:58 AM.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,742 Posts

Sorry - lost me a little here. Despite this being my 2nd machine I am still a relative newbie. After all the prev Duo only lasting 24hrs (and this ones already lasted twice that - )
    So to get to another sat folder I press the central up or down arrow. Hit favourites, then move to the sat folder I want to go to, i.e from the 28.2E FTA folder to one of the 19.2E ones.
    Without scanning the respective sat I don't see anything in these folders. Thats on either BH 1.7.6 or a fresh virgin 1.7.4.
    BTW there is nothing wrong with the internal LAN or connection to internet. On 1.7.6 I had 1channel working fine and dandy for instance and I can get VuCC, DCE and the Webif apps working fine on both versions on BH.

The only issue I did prev see was when I tried to load TSPanel via .ipk on 1.7.6 as I could not see it in the addons and it said it was already loaded. Bizarre.

So far on 1.7.4 I have the 13th July Catseyes no new addons. The only thing I have loaded is crossepg (after loading the bouquets and failing as above) and USALS.

OK after a favour here.
    To see if this is an issue with the Catseyes bouquet and a fresh BH load, is anyone prepared to flatten their box back to either BH 1.7.4 or 1.7.6 and just load the 13th July bouquet via VuCC, with USALS config and no prior sat scanning??? Please???

I only loaded BH 1.7.6 around 2 days ago and straight away downloaded the latest catseye list itsthe first thing i do to make sure everything is ok with the image but i add the only other 2 plugins i use which is Coolmans Guide and Multiquickbutton.

I am a little confused here when you say you loaded crossepg to the image could i ask why as it is already built into the image and has been on all previous images since i can remember.

Top Poster +
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I only loaded BH 1.7.6 around 2 days ago and straight away downloaded the latest catseye list itsthe first thing i do to make sure everything is ok with the image but i add the only other 2 plugins i use which is Coolmans Guide and Multiquickbutton.

I am a little confused here when you say you loaded crossepg to the image could i ask why as it is already built into the image and has been on all previous images since i can remember.
    Then I'm tearing my hair out then. As I have followed instructions to the letter.
    WRT Crossepg. Sorry what I meant was I configured the rytek updates for Crossepg to update 4ish eash morning, and push the files to external pendrive.

Out of interest how do you pull the catseyes bouquets via the Duo rather than pushing via VuCC. Want to take VuCC out of the equation for now.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,742 Posts

Then I'm tearing my hair out then. As I have followed instructions to the letter.
    WRT Crossepg. Sorry what I meant was I configured the rytek updates for Crossepg to update 4ish eash morning, and push the files to external pendrive.

Out of interest how do you pull the catseyes bouquets via the Duo rather than pushing via VuCC. Want to take VuCC out of the equation for now.

I use VuCC only because it has an easy user interface for most of the functions, have used it in the past for loading Bouquets but i now use Deamboxedit most of the time.

Although seeing as Blackhole are pretty quick at uploading Cateye bouquets i just download from the servers and reboot its far easier, if your still having problems why not try another image to see if that cures it.

Top Poster +
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I use VuCC only because it has an easy user interface for most of the functions, have used it in the past for loading Bouquets but i now use Deamboxedit most of the time.

Although seeing as Blackhole are pretty quick at uploading Cateye bouquets i just download from the servers and reboot its far easier, if your still having problems why not try another image to see if that cures it.
    Sorry m8, can't make out from what you've put if you use VuCC or DBE for uploading the bouquets.

WRt the images, so you mean move from BH to VIX for example??

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,742 Posts

Sorry m8, can't make out from what you've put if you use VuCC or DBE for uploading the bouquets.

WRt the images, so you mean move from BH to VIX for example??

Sorry about that i have used both in the past these days i dont use any due to the fact that BH's servers are pretty quick at uploading most of the recently released bouquets.

As for the images use any you want try Vix,OpenPLI etc.. and see if that cures the Bouquet problem, You will of course have to upload the channel list yourself on other images as i have found they are not always as up to date as blackholes feeds.

And seeing as you had TSpanel installed you can always use that for bouquets as well as most feeds on there carry the latest lists.

Top Poster +
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sorry about that i have used both in the past these days i dont use any due to the fact that BH's servers are pretty quick at uploading most of the recently released bouquets.

As for the images use any you want try Vix,OpenPLI etc.. and see if that cures the Bouquet problem, You will of course have to upload the channel list yourself on other images as i have found they are not always as up to date as blackholes feeds.

And seeing as you had TSpanel installed you can always use that for bouquets as well as most feeds on there carry the latest lists.
    Thanks for the clarity.
    I'll try VIX then, and see how it goes.
    Will also try some other bouquets prior to reloading this image.

What I don't understand is why two supposedly identical mc's with same firmware/image react differently.
    There's always a chance of operator error, but of course I have ruled that out. .

Just been reading some stuff via google and there was a post on Sat universe forum where somne was saying
    that a setting was not enabled to enable the bouquets properly. So is there something in the options maybe??

Anyway - thanks for your help

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,742 Posts

Thanks for the clarity.
    I'll try VIX then, and see how it goes.
    Will also try some other bouquets prior to reloading this image.

What I don't understand is why two supposedly identical mc's with same firmware/image react differently.
    There's always a chance of operator error, but of course I have ruled that out. .

Just been reading some stuff via google and there was a post on Sat universe forum where somne was saying
    that a setting was not enabled to enable the bouquets properly. So is there something in the options maybe??

Anyway - thanks for your help

No not really the options are on by default for multi bouquets and the like, its a very strange one this like i say only ever come across the channel n/a problem when someone had loaded via DBedit and had not rebooted either via the program or the box itself.

Generally speaking though the lists downloaded from the servers are pretty much spot on and work 100% of the time, But as they say there is always a first for everything.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Top Poster +
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Still digging around and came across this comment in thread in Enigma2 chat section
    ...........if the bouquets are there, but all the entries show as n/a, it would appear the bouquet files don't match the actual channel list (lamedb) you're using, but DBedit should've seen that and removed the n/a entries...
    Further digging found via google turned up someone on the WOS forum having issues where DBE was not pushing the lamedb file due to permission issues. So will telnet in later and see what is there.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast