Ipod Touch 1st Generation
Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Ipod Touch 1st Generation

My daughter has a first generation 1pod Touch. She cannot get any apps to work or download due to requiring IOS.4 upgrade which I believe is not available for 1st generation. Have googled a few things but not definitely sure what's the best thing to do. You guys have helped in the past with other stuff so thought you would be my first port of call. Thanks.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hmmm not sure theres much u can do with the 1st gen ipod tbh except listenin 2 music, no offence of coourse.

Get a higher gen? Depends, hoow old is ur daughter btw?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My daughter is only 12 but is constantly downloading apps etc to play games/music etc. It seems that some of the games will now no longer play because of needing new software which will not download ios.4. Such a shame that it seems to of come the end of its shelf life just like that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I believe the iPodTouch 1st gen has been around since 2007....in electronic terms it's really old hat....

The new firmware for iDevices IOS6 is out soon forcing all the AppStore developers to again update their apps....more and more apps will not be backward compatible with older devices... not many choices..sorry

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

same problem.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Had the same problem. Now my 1st generation ipod is stuck in the car serving as an mp3 player and only that. Its the apple life cycle. Nothing older than 3-4 years will have updates software wise