Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Default looking to get a vu+

hi guys looking to get a new vu+ from china what do i need to look out for when buy one of these boxes ????

cheers
    please press the little red THANKS tab
    if I helped if not press the green tab to tell me to f**Koff

sometimes life will kick you around , but sooner or later , you realize you`re a warrior , and your stronger than anything life throws your way !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,743 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by billy2 View Post
    hi guys looking to get a new vu+ from china what do i need to look out for when buy one of these boxes ????

cheers

Most of the clones now are Version 2 so have already had the 3.1.1 kernel patch applied which means you can run any image up until on BH 1.7.5 and Vix up till 2.4.155.

If you want to use newer images a pacth for the drivers is being worked on and expected at the end of august, I would also imagine ordering direct from china that they will include the Null modem lead and IC security update board that will be required to do the update i mentioned.

Hope those points give you some idea of what to expect.