Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Box blocked

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    137 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheCoder View Post
    So far, evidence really does point to a timebomb. I'd expect this to of been inserted on the instructions of the box manufacturers simply as a cynical attempt to stimulate sales of newer boxes. I imagine the UK dealers (incl Mr Kiddie et al) were not consulted on this so are probably as much in the dark as anybody else. Really quite a shocking state of affairs and i'd suggest the dealers show their displeasure at this development by whatever means possible.
    If it were a timebomb I would have expected many more boxes to go off and for it to be less random. It's been claimed that boxes beginning 101, 102 and 104 have been hit but several people with those numbers report boxes still online. I have had a box returned that begun with 124.

I would estimate that maybe 25 people have reported dead boxes on this forum, it has been claimed there are many 10's of thousands of Starview boxes out there although I suspect 5000 is closer to the mark, in any case that's a very small percentage even if you consider that not everyone with a dead box would post. I'm not a coder but would suspect a time-bomb would take out many more boxes - what do you think

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lincsat View Post
    what do you think
    There are two problems occuring. One damages a box in such a way that its pretty much got to be deliberate, the other problem occurs at the server end.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts

also has to be added they may have not turned boxs of or it's a deliberate time bomb to take them out at various stages of the boxs life span, still its like old days sv boxs have to be renewed after a year.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYqh6_GLwU4]Tasmin Archer - Sleeping Satellite (Single Version 1992) - YouTube[/ame]
    I know you believe you understand what you think i said

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> BUT <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
    I am not sure you realise that what you heard is not what i meant !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This is what been said on the other forum the sv6 1o1 1o2 are finished if you got a sv6 101 102 that didnt get fried and you new subs it getting blocked ie rejectedt if you renew the sub
    the digital duo that are on should be ok if you just renew the sub and was working it geting blocked ie rejected this is what be said on there forum so they not renewing the subs for these boxies but you can buy new one from them mite just last a year or two untill new on come out
    Last edited by xshandix; 11th August, 2012 at 11:19 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hey guys first post, my sv sub expired. payed for a 6months renewal and nothing, been chasing them through email since the 27th july always been told will be up the next day, and then yesterday was told my box number keeps getting rejected so the only thing they can do for me is sell me another box at a discount price of 105 pounds

i noticed my box number change after i had to update the s/w

is ther an alternative out there? been reading about kryptview, is that better?

many thanks

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    550 Posts

kryptview have an sd box and a hd box and dont need subs and the older model a750 about 4 or 5 years old still works also!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

thnx for the quick reply kid

whats the best box and where can i grab 1 from? and how does it work is it all ready to go or to i have to install stuff and get it set up? is it a headache or can any fool (like me) manage it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Personally I don't have vm but I stiill have friends that use the SV6, subscriptions were all live on all with somewhere about 6 weeks left on all. All went down roughly together about a month ago, one friend wanted to pay the ?25.00 again and was advised that this may be fruitless. His box did not automatically start working again, so on the 8th day after paying I went round, yes did not work with the smgo software, I flashed it with the view 3.00 and eh presto all is good again, the box is a 101.
    Now, on the way home I visited another home with a 101 box, I put the 3.00 onto it but this box would not work, subs on this box had NOT been paid, FTA yes, others no.
    I got the blocked with the 6 digit box number on screen, press exit and it goes away but does keep coming back on.
    Can only suggest a ?25.00 payment and this box will work again.
    Boxes dead? I am not so sure, flash and re pay and you're good to go methinks.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts

thats rubbish, so all these posts are wrong then? wake up dude and smell the coffee

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    550 Posts

fine pay the sub if you wish its your money,you were warned.

if you read the other posts boxes are left with red and green leds only=no fix,the new file view 3.00 has been on these boxes for about 2 months is it?then the posts arrived on the forums.
    Last edited by cactikid; 14th August, 2012 at 02:23 PM.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts

cactikid thing his he starts of I don't have cable but is encouraging ppl to pay ?25 for perhaps non existing service

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by andymarsh View Post
    Personally I don't have vm but I stiill have friends that use the SV6, subscriptions were all live on all with somewhere about 6 weeks left on all. All went down roughly together about a month ago, one friend wanted to pay the ?25.00 again and was advised that this may be fruitless. His box did not automatically start working again, so on the 8th day after paying I went round, yes did not work with the smgo software, I flashed it with the view 3.00 and eh presto all is good again, the box is a 101.
    Now, on the way home I visited another home with a 101 box, I put the 3.00 onto it but this box would not work, subs on this box had NOT been paid, FTA yes, others no.
    I got the blocked with the 6 digit box number on screen, press exit and it goes away but does keep coming back on.
    Can only suggest a ?25.00 payment and this box will work again.
    Boxes dead? I am not so sure, flash and re pay and you're good to go methinks.
    The 3.00 did not take out the boxes straight away,it took a couple of weeks(your friend may soon be ringing) if you didnt resub the first box it would still of worked when you updated to the 3.00...(for a while)
    The "Blocked" message on screen is the second part of the con,therefore if you want to keep this friend as a friend DO NOT let him resub,You may of already cost the first friend ?25
    Last edited by starpookid; 14th August, 2012 at 03:42 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123