How to update a payed app from an iTune account no longer active
Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Question How to update a payed app from an iTune account no longer active

Haven't found a thread to deal with my enquiry so I'll post it myself in case there's a way of doing it.

I was given an iPod Touch as a gift, with a set acct with start money. Unfortunately, the person who opened that acct died and the acct died with him.

The problem arising from that is this: some purchased apps made from that acct have now available updates which I can't access because those purchases are tied to a now nonexistent acct, even if they still show in my device.

So my question is simple. Is there a way to transfer those apps to my current acct without having to pay again for them?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just go to iTunes search for the app then it would give you option to download latest version...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

@Aileth...

To update any apps on the iPod touch as you know will require a Password....as you no don't known the original account details there is no way to legitimately update the apps...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    94 Posts

As fijiman has said they will want the original buyer of the apps username and password to update.
    For me the only way to update these apps without paying again would be to jailbreak and reinstall the apps again from scratch via installous.

Sent from iPad using crapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default How to update a payed app from an iTune account no longer active

I have the app set up to make calls through my google voice, but I can receive call made to my google voice in the iPhone app?