Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

Default working RENAULT SPEED ADAPTER for UNISCAN VISA 1.83

AT LAST!!!

Here is a really working RENAULT SPEED ADAPTER for UNISCAN, with minimal components

The proof:

uniscan cracked without atmel chip + speed adapter
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by manocao; 16th February, 2016 at 07:53 PM.

China: OPEL Tech2 non-CAN multiplexer USB, OP-COM USB, OBDII Elm327 USB, VAG-COM 409.1/VCDS Lite 1.0 KKL USB

Homemade: UNISCAN Visa 1.83 RS-232, Renault XR25PC USB, BMW KKL USB, Nissan Consult1 USB

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

BUILDING THE HARDWARE

be careful, there is an error in the .lay, solder leds as in this picture (leds position fixed by myself)

layout can be viewed and printed with free Sprint-Layout Viewer VIEWLAYOUT50.EXE

download the attached file at the end of this post

PROGRAMMING THE IC

tested, both firmware .hex files "adapter.hex" or "spd-OSC.hex" work, for all supported renault cars (F3N, F3P, F3R, F7P, J7T, E7J, E5F...) except for F3N740(1), F3N726 engines (use "740.hex" instead) original info here

with adapter.hex, both power led and the one besides are on when connecting interface to car, when key is turned to ignition the three leds are on
    with spd-OSC.hex, only power led is on when connecting interface to car, when key is turned to ignition the three leds are on

you can use AT90S2313 + 8MHz crystal, don't need to program fuse bits

or you can use ATtiny2313 without crystal (IC internal oscillator at 8MHz), in which case low fuse bits have to be programmed as 11100100 (1 means unprogrammed, 0 means programmed; these 8 bits stand for CKDIV8-CKOUT-SUT1-SUT0-CKSEL3-CKSEL2-CKSEL1-CKSEL0)

for programming Atmel you can build cheap and easy LPT programmer and use its own win32 software (commandline) SP12 here

create folder c:\sp12, extract this with winrar to c:\sp12, copy .hex files to c:\sp12, copy c:\sp12\giveio.sys to c:\windows\system32\drivers\ folder (winxp)
    run cmd and use these commands: (explanation between brackets)

cd\ (go root folder)
    cd sp12 (go sp12 folder)
    cd winnt (go sp12/winnt folder)
    instdrv giveio c:\windows\system32\drivers\giveio.sys (install driver to make programmer work)
    cd.. (go previous folder)
    sp12 (help)
    sp12 -i (detect ic)
    sp12 -t (check timing)
    sp12 -rph (read the content of ic)
    sp12 -wpf adapter.hex (write the program)
    sp12 -rF -rH -rL -rc (read low and high fuses, lock and calibration bits)
    sp12 -rpIf backup.hex (save the content of ic)
    sp12 -wF11100100 (write low fuses)

of course you can also use another programmer software like ponyprog with other programmer hardware like this. the picture of fuse bits in that web is just an example, not good for our speed adapter, low and high fuse bits must be programmed as 11100100 (1 means unprogrammed, 0 means programmed; these 8 bits stand for CKDIV8-CKOUT-SUT1-SUT0-CKSEL3-CKSEL2-CKSEL1-CKSEL0)

SOFTWARE

both UNISCAN interfaces (the genuine with Atmel chip or the cracked interface without Atmel chip) work with this RENAULT SPEED ADAPTER

for cracked UNISCAN interface without Atmel chip use cracked version of software VISA 1.83 which skips genuine authentication

for genuine UNISCAN interface with Atmel chip use genuine version of software VISA 1.83 or also the cracked version

all versions of software visa are included in my BootCD or BootUSB http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums...SB-by-manocao/

UNISCAN

you also need to build UNISCAN?, no problem

if you need to build UNISCAN interface, you can build the cracked version without Atmel chip but there is no layout files for it, so it has to be built in a board pcb with holes (it is difficult, many connections must be done with wires). here is uniscan version without Atmel nor PIC chips http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums...1&d=1276357624
    edit: BIG SOLUTION! here are layout files i have myself modified from daro's. forget about atmel + 24c32 programming, now there are existing layouts to print

you can also build genuine interface with Atmel chip, which is easy because there are existing layout files (i have fixed DARO's layout: there was a wrong short to be erased, some drill points were too small, and K+L lines were mislabeled, also didn't need L line jumper as Lin+Lout are always connected, only Kout must be separated for FORD cars; instead of a jumper you can use a switch for the k lines for selecting cars ALL / FORD)

see layout

but i havent still found working .hex/.bin for Attiny2313 (i got error "Connect the ECU reader then check power supply"), although cracked version of software VISA 1.83 which skips genuine authentication can be used without problems. so you can build this pcb and install all components except the atmel, the eeprom 24c32, the crystal, the zener and the 4k7 resistor, like in the picture (even the 100nF capacitor can be omitted). then this interface becomes the same than the cracked version without Atmel chip, but in this case we got a layout to print to a pcb copper board
    edit: read BIG SOLUTION above

http://www.subirimagenes.com/descarg...8791185&tipo=6

this interface and .bin file was originally designed for AT90S2313, not for ATtiny2313, which low fuse bits must be programmed as 11101111 (external crystal >8mhz)

i have built this interface and tried all versions of .hex/.bin files without success (even english version 90s2313_ang.hex for the Atmel, and 24c32.bin with crc32=B36AD129 for the eeprom, good for both russian and english versions)

i have to use cracked version of software VISA 1.83 which skips genuine authentication to make it work

i am waiting for some AT90S2313 to arrive and then try which .hex/.bin file works
    edit: the chip arrived, i tried several firmwares, it didn't work ("Connect the ECU reader then check power supply" error), don?t know why, the best is to forget about building genuine interface with atmel chip, i recommend building cracked interface without atmel chip and use cracked version of software VISA 1.83

note: .bin files can be converted to Intel .hex files with winhex, and viceversa

download my new uniscan compilation in the next post (see attached files)
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by manocao; 16th February, 2016 at 07:56 PM.

China: OPEL Tech2 non-CAN multiplexer USB, OP-COM USB, OBDII Elm327 USB, VAG-COM 409.1/VCDS Lite 1.0 KKL USB

Homemade: UNISCAN Visa 1.83 RS-232, Renault XR25PC USB, BMW KKL USB, Nissan Consult1 USB

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

my speed adapter

although Atmel chip is marked as AT90S2313, it is really a ATtiny2313, it is mislabeled, i bought it in a local dealer, it must be china stuff
    although 8 Mhz crystal is installed in pcb, it is not used, ATtiny2313 configured to use its internal oscillator

my uniscan

in the attached uniscan file there is another pcb version for UNISCAN different to DARO's

in the case of UNISCAN hardware, a 24c32 eeprom must also be programmed. edit: read BIG SOLUTION above
    here is a simple programmer to use together with PonyProg_V207c (select EasyIC2 I/O programmer) JP1 must be CLOSED (as author says, Connect pin 7 to GND. 24Cxx devices usually need this pin connected to GND, while PCF8582 don't)

here is another LPT programmer for atmel you can use with ponyprog (select Avr ISP I/O)

more info for building UNISCAN interfaces http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums...nterface-build
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by manocao; 16th February, 2016 at 07:52 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

speed adapter pinout

daro's uniscan pinout

the other uniscan pinout

renault 12pin pinout
    Last edited by manocao; 11th September, 2012 at 08:50 AM.