Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    V.I.P. Member
    Meatheadshire (Between London and Scotland)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,770 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by billy2 View Post
    m8 you think you have it bad had alook at my card online yesterday and found this

??????? ? ??????? ?? ????????????.?? - ??????? ? ????????. Hosting and domain names in Bulgaria SOFIYA BG

CASCADE DENTAL 801-768-8082 US

STEAMPOWERED.COM 425-889-9642 GB

FACEBOOK.COM*CREDITS 650-543-7818 IE

Well that is 'good' - you have a chance of finding out if that f@ceache website has been used.

Can't find the link, but in short some guy in Emerica got accused of muddering somebody, but he was at a friends appartment, drunk, he logged into his f@ceache account, posted some drivvel, went off-line.

The time he posted, the time somebody got muddered, made it impossable for it to have been him - he got off the charge (assuming he friend didn't log in for him!)

The Fuzz traced his friends IP address and bingo, wrong side of town/ time to do it.

Was Banned For Being Certifiably Insane and Stupid

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

the thing is m8 i only us my card with paypal 98% of the time , the only other time i used it was with play.com ??? my card is alway in the house and never used it in any shops or anything like that the only good thing a bout this is i use a pay as you go card and top up when needed so was lucky that way
    please press the little red THANKS tab
    if I helped if not press the green tab to tell me to f**Koff

sometimes life will kick you around , but sooner or later , you realize you`re a warrior , and your stronger than anything life throws your way !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,770 Posts

so did you find out where you wonga went?

did hear abiut a worm emailing a website card details

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,770 Posts

would like to bump for update

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Meat-Head View Post
    would like to bump for update

They refunded me today, told me to await paperwork to sign now about fraudulent transaction, least they refunded . Not heard of that worm better do some scanning on pc

north east england from the posh end of scotswood road
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Of topic a bit,we used a hole in the wall while in scotland,it turned out there was a small camera above the keyboard and we got if i remember right about ?1400 taken out ,it was allreturned to us after the fraud squad got involved..a bit scary at the time

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,770 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jcgrumbles View Post
    Oabout ?1400 taken out
    not wanting to be rude, just a 'general purpose' question, was that then entire amount in that account, or just what they wanted?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

not wanting to be rude, just a 'general purpose' question, was that then entire amount in that account, or just what they wanted?
    There was another i think 2 thousand in,there was a few hundred drawn out just before midnight in scotland and the rest drawn out in london less than an hour later(and the trains are quick,but not that quick)so the fraud squad clicked straight away that there was a rabbit away.What a night that was,i wouldnt care so much we only went out for a curry and it was absolute shite...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It wasn't the entire amount of the account, looks like they just ordered some gear from a clothes shop, makes me wonder if they ordered some stuff see if it gets noticed then spank the account, but then again why wouldn't they hammer it with the card details they had, guess i'll never know hopefully it wont happen again

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by siri+uk View Post
    It wasn't the entire amount of the account, looks like they just ordered some gear from a clothes shop, makes me wonder if they ordered some stuff see if it gets noticed then spank the account, but then again why wouldn't they hammer it with the card details they had, guess i'll never know hopefully it wont happen again
    I suppose they could have emptied it altogether and that would have put us in a right hole because of mortgage payments etc,but the bank were pretty quick with everything,to be honest,theworst thing about it all was the phone call off the mrs when i was at work,she was crying her eyes out and at first i thought some bugger had died...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Exclamation

I'm a bit late to this but..... KEEP ALL THE RECORDS!!!

I had a business account card cloned a few years ago, they got ~?2500 before the bank noticed and stopped it; then were very fast at refunding the money and issuing a new card..... HOWEVER!!!

All the forms they requested were filled in and sent "Recorded Delivery" to the banks fraud department in London - and received - this I know because the delivery records at the P.O. say so; however they were then sent for processing to INDIA, where they were promptly LOST!!!

A year later, instead of telling us about the lost paperwork, the bank just TOOK the ?2500 back from the new account!!!!

If we hadnt kept copies of all the paperwork we would have lost that money.

Needless to say, we no longer have our business accounts with that bank!

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

My latest experience with bank was a call from call centre (which happens to be in india)Hot Stupid Bullsh*tting Clerks or some abrieviation of that! asking me to call them back urgently. When I do they inform me they have stopped two transactions on my business card because they thought they maybe fraudulent, I interrogated them about this and examined all my statements, turned out to be a pack of lies to scare me into buying insurance.
    So be mindfull everyone business ethics outside europe are not under the banks scrutiny or control and the commision to call centres is a hugh temptation considering the average wage is around a pound a day!
    I myself have to admit i can resist anything but temptation

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12