Register

Thread: Analogue

Retired Sat TV Addict
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Default Analogue

What was analogue cable tv? And how did it work? Was this when you plugged a cable feed straight into the back of your tv? Does this still work?

Read the Rules here; they apply to EveryOne.

DM800s HD
    Openbox S10
    TM500
    DM500s

90cm FortecStar dish
    Technomate 2300 motor powered by UsalS

gmb45

Quote Originally Posted by Sadiq999uk View Post
    What was analogue cable tv? And how did it work? Was this when you plugged a cable feed straight into the back of your tv? Does this still work?
    i think its the same type of signal you get of a normal roof ariel its what was supplied before digital,u still had to plug it into a box tho,also what ive read there is a few places still on analogue cable

Retired Sat TV Addict
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

I thought it was possible to view the free to air channels buy plugging a cable feed into your tv and scaning..

DM800s HD
    Openbox S10
    TM500
    DM500s

90cm FortecStar dish

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ive still got an old NTHell chipped analogue box from about 11 years ago... they had about 60 channels on them in their Hey day but now theres no movies just SS1-3, TVX and ADULT and a bunch or other premium channels like Bravo and paramount and about 20 in all other channels still on the box even now... though theyre knocking channels off it every few months by 2012 itll prob be nothing on it at all

It uses the same white cable that the digiboxes use today
    Last edited by Sirus; 14th February, 2009 at 03:41 PM.

Retired Sat TV Addict
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Is it possible to watch cable channels buy plugging the cable feed straight into your tv?

DM800s HD
    Openbox S10
    TM500
    DM500s

90cm FortecStar dish

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Is it possible to watch cable channels buy plugging the cable feed straight into your tv?
    like jok says you still need some sort of decoder

The term analogue cable just means its not digital as in inferior picture quaility and no info bar or active services or on screen menus and such... your mixing this up with thinking you just need a feed and a normal tuner... it still uses a decoder to sort out its feeds and all that... basically just like the old analogue SLY worked before the digiboxes took over

but it runs parallel down the same cable feed the digiboxes use... still works today useful when the digiboxes go down
    Last edited by Sirus; 15th February, 2009 at 12:54 AM.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

You needed a cable box to pick up the full compliment of channels and these had to be paid for via a subscription or they could be easily hacked - infact you didn't actually need to hack most boxes as you could just buy a little device commonly known as a 'Cube' which would put the box into a sort of 'Test Mode' which unlocked all channels.

In some areas (mine for instance) you could take the coax from the wall and plug it directly into the RF socket on your TV and perform a UHF scan and you could actually receive a number of premium channels for absolutely ~~~~ all I could get Sky Sports 2, one of the Sky Movie channels, Sky One, Bravo, UK Living, a few shopping channels, Sky News and a Travel Channel!

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sirus View Post
    basically just like the old analogue SLY worked before the digiboxes took over
    Sky's analogue encryption (VideoCrypt) used a 'cut and rotate' model to scramble the visible image this was light years ahead of UK Cable TV encryption mate.

Cable TV 'encryption was all based around knocking out the video synchronisation, which meant we could still see the image but it was unstable and the colours were negative. Re-syncing the video stream was all that was needed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I dont know much about encryptions witchy... I wasnt really referring to both encryptions.. just saying it was like the way sky was once analogue and changed to digital... and cable done the same as in once upon a time they used analogue boxes

That vid stream your taking about.. i remember that if you change the channels over back forward back again real quick it give you about 10 secs of picture on scrambled channels but with negative colour and weird sound

Retired Sat TV Addict
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

In some areas (mine for instance) you could take the coax from the wall and plug it directly into the RF socket on your TV and perform a UHF scan and you could actually receive a number of premium channels for absolutely ~~~~ all I could get Sky Sports 2, one of the Sky Movie channels, Sky One, Bravo, UK Living, a few shopping channels, Sky News and a Travel Channel!

Thats what im on about..il try myself tomorrow and see if this still works

DM800s HD
    Openbox S10
    TM500
    DM500s

90cm FortecStar dish

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sirus View Post
    That vid stream your taking about.. i remember that if you change the channels over back forward back again real quick it give you about 10 secs of picture on scrambled channels but with negative colour and weird sound
    I'm not sure, but it may have been down to the TV used , it qalso appears to be region dependant.

My daughters TV was a cheap chinese thing, she could pick up loads of stuff and the picture was rock solid, yet downstairs on our main TV which was a UK Nokia we only recieved half the channels that she could, i reckon the tuners on the cheap tellys are universal and offer a larger scanning range as they are intended to be used in multiple markets and the UK designed TV has a much more limited range as it was only designed for UK frequncies.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I never knew about the bypassing the box way and straight to TV method..... a friend of mines told me something like that a I never believed him

but I can remember once switching my TV channels around to find Eurosport on a channel all to its self, and even when the box was on another channel Eurosport was always on that same channel... must have been picked up from the boxes loop through and embedded itself in its own freq or something just like the box bypass method
    Last edited by Sirus; 15th February, 2009 at 01:58 AM.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Yup Eurosport was another one that came through free on our telly's, I forgot about that one.