Gemini v4.4 clone errors
Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Unhappy Gemini v4.4 clone errors

Hi all,

I have DM800HD Clone with Bootloader 69 - I don't know what SIM version it is... how can I found this out?

Recently my image which is Gemini v4.4 modified has started playing up where it is crashing when pressing the menu button and also when trying to shut down.

It is also showing as connected to the network BUT I cannot telnet to it... this is an intermittent problem when restarted, sometimes its OK.

I have re-flashed it a few times and the problem still occurs.

I also have a 2GB USB stick connected with nothing on it so I was planning on seeing if I can install BarryAllen and boot another image from the USB stick BUT I can't find any clear instructions on how to do this, everything seems to be for more recent box versions... can anyone point me in the right direction.

I have tried installing barryallen 5.0 but I get an error message about USB drivers in the kernel?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi guys,

Just an update on this... I have re-flashed the box and same is still happening - especially crashing on the menu press.

I have removed the USB stick as well.

After playing around I have realised that the video path was incorrect - although no recordings were happening so I have corrected this.

This time a crash log was created in the path that I had set and a full RED SCREEN OF DEATH was shown.

I have attached the crash log - if anyone has any thoughts what the issues are I would muchly appreciate it... from the contents of the log it appears to me that the skin is the problem BUT as I cannot access the menu to change it does anyone know how to do this editing the config files via FTP?

dazmaul.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

try hear mate under the box gold sticker should show sim hard to see mines 201 if yours is try here..this is to update your bootloader http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums...omsim2-243886/ you can download images on here in the download section if you update the sim make sure new image is dreambox 800hd sim 201 and ssl84b here is one you could try Digital Kaos - Downloads - Dream-Elite-3-0-dm800-Ver-010r4-ramiMAHER i flash my box via web browser. hope this helps.only do this if your sim is 201.
    Last edited by dixie74; 11th October, 2012 at 12:24 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks for the response Dixie74,

I don't have a sticker on the bottom of my box (or nothing that states the SIM version)... I have took the box apart and the sim card has nothing on it either... this must be a clone of all clones... I've had it for years now and did not know it was a clone when I originally bought it.

I've had it for about 3 years or so now - so I imagine its one of the earlier sim versions - is there any other way to check the sim version - its bootloader 69?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Update... it appeared after working through the crash log that the script TemplatedMultiContent.py was missing from my usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/Converter directory.

I created the file from the information found on the web and it crashed again.. this time with a different message about a missing reference in the file MultiContent.py in the Components root direct above - again I recreated the file from the information found on the web and ALL now appears to be working correctly - the menu screen now loads without crashing the box.

Hopefully this solution may help others...