VU+ UNO New Image Help Needed
Register
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    4
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default VU+ UNO New Image Help Needed

    Hi, I'm trying to flash latest VIX image to my UNO, do I need to update or install a bootloader first??? Please keep it simple. Cheers

  2. #2
    V.I.P. Member benny/9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    north west uk
    Posts
    1,965
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    9
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    159
    Thanked in
    99 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pobreton View Post
    Hi, I'm trying to flash latest VIX image to my UNO, do I need to update or install a bootloader first??? Please keep it simple. Cheers
    **************************************
    no mate,the latest bootloader is in the image
    Please Read Carefully!
    No Sky UK NDS Videoguard Hacking Discussions.
    Viewing Pay TV without a valid subscription is illegal
    the files available are kept for experimental & educational purpose only
    original vu duo2 /vu zero/ tm-nano-se. v-box / 36v /1.2 dish,

  3. #3
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    4
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default Thanks

    Thanks benny/9, It couln't be simpler than that! Cheers

  4. #4
    DK Veteran freck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Dark side of the Moon
    Posts
    1,083
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    13
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pobreton View Post
    Hi, I'm trying to flash latest VIX image to my UNO, do I need to update or install a bootloader first??? Please keep it simple. Cheers
    Dont have a usb stick with any bootloader come within 20 feet of an Uno
    Bricked mine a few weeks back with a duo bootloader
    Freck

  5. #5
    V.I.P. Member mdt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    bolton, north-west. uk
    Posts
    3,038
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    76
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    488
    Thanked in
    224 Posts

    Default

    stick blackhole on it m8, best image for the vu+ boxs by far imo,regards mdt
    DM800HDSE SIM 2.10. SSL84D OPEN-ATV ORBITAL 80CM/DARK MOTOR/IBU/53E-30W

  6. #6
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    4
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default Sound's interesting

    Thanks Andrew, But how easy is it? will it mess up any other settings, FGPA etc.

  7. #7
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    11
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default Vix

    Hi pobreton.

    I have a VU+ Uno with the latest
    Openvix image (381).

    It's the best image iv had.
    When you have downloaded
    Vix (3.0. 381) or any other
    3.0 Vix image, open its yellow
    folder it will say (vuplus)
    Now plugin a USB stick into PC,
    right cilck (vuplus) then up to
    (Send To), and send it to your
    USB stick.
    Now Double click on (vuplus) it
    will turn into (uno) right click
    on (Uno) and send that to your USB stick.
    Go to your Uno, turn off at the back, plugin
    to the front USB on your Uno the USB stick.
    Turn Uno on with back switch.
    Uno will say New Update, click on left
    switch on Uno to start Update.

    Once Open vix is installed their is a
    green Icon buton in the info bar.
    If their is a new version of Vix it
    will flash green,
    goto Munu-Setup-Softwae Update
    to upload new version.
    All your setting will also be loaded back in
    including you (CCCam cfg file).

    BF.

  8. #8
    V.I.P. Member mdt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    bolton, north-west. uk
    Posts
    3,038
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    76
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    488
    Thanked in
    224 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pobreton View Post
    Thanks Andrew, But how easy is it? will it mess up any other settings, FGPA etc.


    it wont mess up your settings, just do a back-up first and if you dont like it you can always go back,regards mdt
    DM800HDSE SIM 2.10. SSL84D OPEN-ATV ORBITAL 80CM/DARK MOTOR/IBU/53E-30W

  9. #9
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    4
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bbigfoot View Post
    Hi pobreton.

    I have a VU+ Uno with the latest
    Openvix image (381).

    It's the best image iv had.
    When you have downloaded
    Vix (3.0. 381) or any other
    3.0 Vix image, open its yellow
    folder it will say (vuplus)
    Now plugin a USB stick into PC,
    right cilck (vuplus) then up to
    (Send To), and send it to your
    USB stick.
    Now Double click on (vuplus) it
    will turn into (uno) right click
    on (Uno) and send that to your USB stick.
    Go to your Uno, turn off at the back, plugin
    to the front USB on your Uno the USB stick.
    Turn Uno on with back switch.
    Uno will say New Update, click on left
    switch on Uno to start Update.

    Once Open vix is installed their is a
    green Icon buton in the info bar.
    If their is a new version of Vix it
    will flash green,
    goto Munu-Setup-Softwae Update
    to upload new version.
    All your setting will also be loaded back in
    including you (CCCam cfg file).

    BF.
    Hi BF,

    Thanks, your clear, easy to follow instructions did the trick. I flashed build 381 and then updated to 398. However I lost my cam, cccam Manager was empty, I downloaded CCcam 221 through TS-Panel, it is selected and active but I can still only receive FTA, any tips?
    Pobreton

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •