Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Default Black Football Players Association

Code:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20048531
    Racism row: lawyer reveals black footballers' association talks

A leading human rights barrister has said talks over a separate black footballers' association have begun.
    Peter Herbert, who chairs the Society of Black Lawyers, says the discussions are at a preliminary stage, but involve several players from various levels, including the Premier League.
    Herbert says the new organisation would provide a more "radical" and "vigorous" approach to combating racism.
    The working title for the proposed body is the Black Players' Association.
    "I think there comes a point in any community's life or experience where enough is enough," he said.
    "People appear to have decided they have to do something more vigorously."
    A number of players refused to wear T-shirts supporting the Kick It Out anti-racism campaign at the weekend after Jason Roberts made it clear some black players were unhappy with the organisation's failure to make inroads on the issue.
    It has not been revealed whether Roberts is involved in the new group.
    Football Association chairman David Bernstein says a breakaway organisation would not be the best way to deal with the issue.
    "Fragmentation isn't in anyone's interest. Great passions are involved here. I hope sense prevails and people can work together," said Bernstein.

Whilst I am against Racism, I can only imagine the outcry if a group of white players said "I want to start an association for white players only"

Positive discrimination is still discrimination

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Black players union would go well with a black players only league. Bring it on fantastic idea.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Great Idea

I wonder if they could get a crowd that would pay there wages???
    In your dreams

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    134 Posts

History has repeatedly shown us the only way to stop racist abuse is segregation......NOT!!

These lawyers really do live up to their reputation as being the scum of the earth.
    Canker

"Animal, vegetable or mineral... I'll do anything, to anything, with anything"
    - The Baby Eating Bishop of Bath & Wells
    [COLOR=Green]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

This isn't human rights its gross stupidity of the highest level..
    Football players are turning more into spoiled wimps every year and are totally out of touch with reality.
    Its a game where tempers fly and sometimes things get said that shouldn't , a would think the ?100,000+ your getting every week might help you deal with it, frankly you could call me a white honky fun boy all day if you want for that kinda money.
    If someone is constantly spewing out racial remarks then he should get hammered by the F.A or his club but forming a separate association is not needed and a step too far...
    "Windows - A thirty-two bit extension and GUI shell to a sixteen bit patch to an eight bit operating system originally coded for a four bit microprocessor and sold by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition."

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

They should change the slogan to `cut racism out` though far more appropriate. every stabbing in London seems to involve an `aspiring black footballer`.