DM500 How to retrieve OpenPli password ?
Register
Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    9
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default How to retrieve OpenPli password ?

    Hi Guys,

    I want to update my image but am having problems. I do not know the default ftp /telnet password. Tried leaving it blank, dreambox and it doesn't work. Seems the person i go the box from has changed it.

    Since I can't ftp in, I can't back up the keys and scce.

    I plan to upgrade to SG-dm500c-OpenPli-14102012. Can any kind soul help me out and provide me with the keys / scce ?

    Results of using dreambox control center.
    PLi dm500 Jade2 20090322 (based on 1.09)
    welcome on your dreambox! - Kernel 2.6.9 (08:35:46).
    dm500 login:
    root
    Password:
    clear
    clear
    Login incorrect
    dm500 login: Password:

  2. #2
    V.I.P. Member
    plasterer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Mersyside
    Posts
    1,645
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    156
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    158
    Thanked in
    121 Posts

    Default

    Try this mate not my work just a quick search =

    1- install the tuxcom from Addon-Plugins - restart your Dreambox or Eagle
    2- press blue buttom - go to tuxbox
    3- now you have the root of dreambox - goto : var then etc
    4- you will see 2 times 1-(passwd) and (Passwd-) the (passwd-) is the original password and the (Passwd) is the last made one by the last person.

    5- now goto (passwd) and delete it and agree for deletion,,,,
    6- goto (passwd-) and choose rename with help of the down numbers and write again (passwd) and save changes.

    7- exit

    Not tried it me self but seems logical.................Paul
    If your Happy with the Help push the Thanx button
    PAUL

  3. #3
    DK Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    507
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    145
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    292
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by plasterer View Post
    Try this mate not my work just a quick search =

    1- install the tuxcom from Addon-Plugins - restart your Dreambox or Eagle
    2- press blue buttom - go to tuxbox
    3- now you have the root of dreambox - goto : var then etc
    4- you will see 2 times 1-(passwd) and (Passwd-) the (passwd-) is the original password and the (Passwd) is the last made one by the last person.

    5- now goto (passwd) and delete it and agree for deletion,,,,
    6- goto (passwd-) and choose rename with help of the down numbers and write again (passwd) and save changes.

    7- exit

    Not tried it me self but seems logical.................Paul
    This method would only work if the box has no setup pin lock to it. Otherwise reflash the box is the only solution.

  4. #4
    DK Veteran jatrophaseed's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Fujian, LongYan
    Posts
    589
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    243
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    531
    Thanked in
    206 Posts

    Default

    Ops, sorry i read wrongly.
    Last edited by jatrophaseed; 3rd November, 2012 at 04:00 AM.

  5. #5
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    9
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ypvs125 View Post
    This method would only work if the box has no setup pin lock to it. Otherwise reflash the box is the only solution.
    Any one can help me then with the keys and scce ?

  6. #6
    DK Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    507
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    145
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    292
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marklee View Post
    Any one can help me then with the keys and scce ?
    I have seen a lot of china website posting openly on what u r looking for. Do a google search on dm900c sg keys and hopefully u can find it.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •