Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Acekard 2 or 2i and where to buy in UK?

Hi guys,

I've got a DS Lite and my Acekard 2 has just stopped working - the DS recognises it but when I try to load it, I just get "FAT error".

The microSDHC works in my friend's AceKard so I'm pretty sure my AceKard is dead.

I have 3 questions:

1) I keep reading about an Acekard 2i - if I buy this, will it work on my DS Lite or do I need to stick with an Acekard 2?

2) If I decide to buy a 3DS XL, will the same Acekard 2i work with that, and will I be able to play my old DS Lite games on it?

3) Where can I buy and Acekard in the UK? Google found acekardshop.co.uk and r4shop.co.uk - does anyone have any experience of these and are there any problems getting them imported into UK?

Hope you can help!

Thanks,

doodler

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Would be very grateful if someone could help

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Hi doodler,

hope this helps..

Q) I keep reading about an Acekard 2i - if I buy this, will it work on my DS Lite or do I need to stick with an Acekard 2?

A) acekard2i will work on a dslite.

Q) If I decide to buy a 3DS XL, will the same Acekard 2i work with that, and will I be able to play my old DS Lite games on it?

A) depends ,
    acekard 2i is designed to work on all dslites, dsi's and 3ds console.

but the latest 3ds firm 4.4.0-10 firmware block the acekard. acekard are really slow with updates thesedays, so card will not currently work on latest 3ds console, but an update could be released in the future.
    and yes normal ds/dsi games can be played on a 3ds via an acekard. only 3ds games cannot be played.

Q) Where can I buy and Acekard in the UK? Google found acekardshop.co.uk and r4shop.co.uk - does anyone have any experience of these and are there any problems getting them imported into UK?

A) UK suppliers are like hens teeth..
    the cards have been declared illegal, UK suppliers stop selling them years ago, but there is a list of trusted resellers on acekard official site..
    Last edited by barrowmanandrew; 18th November, 2012 at 11:10 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi barrowmanandrew,

Thanks so much for your reply, that's really helpful

I've looked at the list of resellers on the AceKard site but some of the links to European resellers don't seem to link to shop websites. Is the list kept up-to-date?

As the cards have been made illegal in the UK, are there any problems buying from abroad and having them posted to UK?

If not, are there any sites that are more recommended than others?

Have any UK people had recent experience buying an AceKard from abroad?

I also found a site that said they shipped AceKards from a UK warehouse - is this too good to be true if UK sellers are like hens teeth?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just bumping the thread in the hope of a reply

Thanks all

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

A lot of people have read this thread so there must be an interest in the answers so if anyone could help, I'd be really grateful!

Thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yes.

What barrowmanandrew said is totally true! So I'd refer to his reply...

But if you don't mind converting euros to pounds then you could try: Acekard UK :: Flash cards for Nintendo DS, DSLite, DSi and 3DS :: www.acekard.co.uk

So, yeah... I'm sure if you just went poking around the web you'd find some other options...

Here are a few more you could try:

http://digimartz.com/
    R4 DS | R4 Card | R4i 3DS | R4i DSi | Nintendo DS R4 Card
    R4i shopper | R4ishopper | R4shopper
    Buy R4 DS, R4 DSi, R4i DSi card for DS / DS Lite / DSi / DSi XL - R4 DSi Card Shop UK
    UK Memory Cards | R4 R4I Acekard 2i DSI MEMORY CARD Birmingham - Note: That one as of now this site is "out-of-stock"...

Hope this helped,
    - Adam

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

acekard 2i is a great card for ds lite, but it does not support the latest 3ds xl, it is compatible with 3ds version lower than v4.3.0-09 and dsi version lower than v1.44, and you can at TheGamerDepot , the acekard 2i official reseller.
    Last edited by gmb45; 17th March, 2014 at 08:08 AM. Reason: spam links added l8r after i deleted them

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Acekards really a good card for you, just alittle expensive than other , actually, some other r4i cards also can meet your request to play on your ds lite and 3ds xl console,just like r4i gold 3ds form www.r4ids.cn and the r4i red 3ds from www.r4i-sdhc.com , they support the latest 3DS 4.5.0-10 and DSI V1.45ds and can update to the latest version.
    I just got some from www.gamedepot4u.com last year,they work perfectly on my 3ds console and I am attractive by them think you will also like me ...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default uk stockist

you can buy from Dsi Game Cards they are in uk and send you a payment request for you to pay by debit or credit card all official thanks hope this helps people out