Register
Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Default American Gun Law

If the Americans had similar Firearms controls to us here in the UK then 20 young kids would still be alive.

Discuss.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Hard to say if it wouldnt have happened. Dunblane ?

But they do need to get a grip with the culture in America, they take under age drinking and the whole selling spirits in separate shops more serious.

Taking power away from the NRA is going to be a hard fight.

But I hope to god that the tears of Obama were not crocodile tears. I really hope he makes this a priority.

If by the end of his 8 years, he has got Bin Laden, created a the footprint for a better health care systems and tougher gun laws then he will be doing well.

Only time will tell, but I think this will be a harder fight than the ones he fights in Iraq and Afghanistan.
    Last edited by Rodbouy; 16th December, 2012 at 02:22 AM. Reason: cheers shady

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,089 Posts

I doubted if he was going for a kill he would have bought the gun on black market.

So sad these children were taken from their families my thoughts go to all the parents at this very sad time.
    Last edited by PremierD; 16th December, 2012 at 01:55 AM.
    Tools owned: Hammer, Chisel, Crowbar, Punch, Chainsaw, Cutter and Brain!!!

Did you know People will question all the good things they hear about you but believe all the bad without a second thought.

Note:
    All information given is to be used for educational purposes only and should not be taken seriously.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Weans makes it different to every other gun crime.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

It seems to me it was simply a angst lad who flipped out at home in a rage at this mum.

In the UK your common everyday surburban household Mum does not have a selection of rifles and handguns littered around the house, if it had been in the UK the lad would have at worst grabbed a knife, stabbed his mum, broke into the school, but then would probably have been overpowered before any killing, for sure there certainly wouldnt have been over 20 dead as a result.

Crazy country, they need to sort their sheet out... Its gonna happen again, and again and again, unless they change... I feel sorry for innocent kids being born, raised and educated over there, I really do.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rodbouy View Post
    Lockerbie ?
    do you mean dunblane?
    Fave replies from various threads

1: What the fff is all that about??? All that crap below your reply I mean, get a life mate
    2: no info on google abt the pace sv5 rang asda they have no idea what i was talking about,
    3: Your total contribution to this forum, bordering on trolling, seems to have been a collection of snipes, one liners & asterisked expletives

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nibblitz View Post
    It seems to me it was simply a angst lad who flipped out at home in a rage at this mum.

In the UK your common everyday surburban household Mum does not have a selection of rifles and handguns littered around the house, if it had been in the UK the lad would have at worst grabbed a knife, stabbed his mum, broke into the school, but then would probably have been overpowered before any killing, for sure there certainly wouldnt have been over 20 dead as a result.

Crazy country, they need to sort their sheet out... Its gonna happen again, and again and again, unless they change... I feel sorry for innocent kids being born, raised and educated over there, I really do.
    bird, moat, dunblane,michael ryan

1: What the fff is all that about??? All that crap below your reply I mean, get a life mate
    2: no info on google abt the pace sv5 rang asda they have no idea what i was talking about,
    3: Your total contribution to this forum, bordering on trolling, seems to have been a collection of snipes, one liners & asterisked expletives

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shady View Post
    bird, moat, dunblane,michael ryan
    They werent young kids who opportunistically found their Mums firearms laying around the familly home.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

no, they werent, but the fact remains that our laws wouldnt have stopped this, the age of a nutter doesnt matter.. a nutter is a nutter if hes 16, or 60

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Our laws would have stopped this, in the UK his mum would not have had them firearms laying around the familly home...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Meat-Head View Post
    Thought the Emericans still have gun cupboards, saftey locks (padlocks) on triggers etc etc.
    Nah, the majority of 'em walk about with them good to go, in their car boots, glove compartments, mums and grannies toodle around with them in their handbags, and when they get home they pop 'em down on the side with the car keys while they put their shopping away...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nibblitz View Post
    Our laws would have stopped this, in the UK his mum would not have had them firearms laying around the familly home...
    absolute crazy talk. thats like saying our laws on knives mean that nobody would get stabbed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shady View Post
    absolute crazy talk. thats like saying our laws on knives mean that nobody would get stabbed.
    Crazy talk? I didnt think you were so thick.... So you think 20 young kids and numerous teachers would still have all been slain by a young man with just a knife taken from his mums kitchen drawer?????

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

yeah crazy talk. you stated that our gun laws meant that this wouldnt have happened, and thats bollocks.
    You really think that if indeed his mom "left the gun lying around the house", if she was truly that irresponsible, that had a law been in place that stated all guns must be kept in a bank vault, guarded by ninjas, she would have complied?

And you seem intent on blaming the mother, like he wouldnt have done anything wrong if it hadnt been for her carelessness.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

America has the biggest decision to make since independance as regarding gun laws but its made a lot easier after yesterday

Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast