Register
    V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,088 Posts

Default How to cook the perfect Christmas dinner

The gravy
    It?s easy to make your own Christmas gravy, according to Oliver Gladwin, head chef and joint owner of The Shed Restaurant.

He says the caramelised fat from the roasting dish is ?full of flavour? and shouldn?t be wasted. First, stir in some flour on a medium heat.

?Then add the booze,? Oliver says. ?I like to use a big slosh of sherry, brandy, red wine or anything I can get my hands on before my family drink it?

Add in the stock made from the turkey?s giblets and you?ve got a great home-made gravy.

Oliver also says it?s important to taste the gravy before serving. ?Think of it going well with the joint. Ask yourself questions like: is it rich enough? If not, add a spoon of mustard and sugar. This will increase the depth of flavour on your palate.?

The Brussels sprouts
    Love them or loathe them, sprouts have become an inescapable part of the Christmas dinner. And Simon Bolsover, head chef at Great Fosters Hotel in Egham has an original idea for serving them.

?Cook them until just tender in salted boiling water,? he says. ?Cut them in half then pan roast with almonds and nutmeg and finish with some cream ? guaranteed everyone will eat these sprouts!?

The cranberry sauce
    The secret to a good cranberry sauce is to add flavour with ingredients such as orange juice and port.

According to Sean Kelly, head chef at The Lovat Hotel in Fort Augustus near Loch Ness, ?Cranberry sauce is something that can really make a difference to the meal. Make your own with 100ml orange juice, 100ml port and 70g sugar. Bring all the ingredients to the boil then add 500g cranberries and cook in the liquid. Thicken with Xanthan gum and leave until cool to serve. Perfect.?

Merry Christmas
    Tools owned: Hammer, Chisel, Crowbar, Punch, Chainsaw, Cutter and Brain!!!

Did you know People will question all the good things they hear about you but believe all the bad without a second thought.

Note:
    All information given is to be used for educational purposes only and should not be taken seriously.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Followed this recipe this year. Fantastic. Thanks!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mirandasieck View Post
    It is so delicious. yummmmmm.

Home Security System
    Not sure what a home security system has to do with christmas dinner can you enlighten us please??..............
    I know you believe you understand what you think i said

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> BUT <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
    I am not sure you realise that what you heard is not what i meant !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I hv cooked this recipe on new year eve and everyone appreciated. Thanks buddy..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I haven't tried it yet. Let me do this new year and I'll let you know how we feel. Thanks for the sharing, buddy