Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lyrrad View Post
    About to buy the Solo2

(Is that the right product if it's my 1st venture with Vu+ and I want it to act as close as possible to sky+ box).

Anyway I can get 2 year warranty from UK supply here and I just want to run the name by this forum. Are they known here?

Thanks in advance
    I find that hxxp://www.hm-sat-shop.de are good.....buy all my originals from there,no need to get the roofers in for these guys products.
    Freck

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi Mate what are the postage costs like from Germany?

Thx

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by redone View Post
    Hi Mate what are the postage costs like from Germany?

Thx
    Shipping cost seems to be 15 Euros is paid for in advance ( This is the cheapest shipping Rate)

The box is 329 Euro

So Box + Delivery with the current exchange rate will cost ?299, so personally I would buy from uk for ?310.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I am looking at ordering the Solo 2 from Sat Europa, but cannot understand how they offer 2 yrs warranty against everyone else 1 year. The other reason I am ordering off Sat Europa is that WOS do not have any in stock at the moment, which is a shame because they sent me a promo code for ?5 off and they offer a Free HDMI Cable ( i don't have one spare at the moment) and they will flash the box for me to Vix image as I don't have the time at the moment to do it myself.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,742 Posts

you could always try ian over at red apple digital they also have a 2 year warranty on the Solo2, personally i have ordered of ian and any problems he is quick to sort them out.

Personally i get my sat recievers from lee at Goldwafers due to the fact he is local so i can pickup and save on postage costs.

the one thing to remember here all online retailers can offer excellent customer service the problem lies when you have to return incase of a problem and you foot the return postage which is not cheap on a 4kg sat receiver i have yet to see one supplier out of all those mentioned that would refund you that postage cost, although to be fair to most of them they do stipulate it in the T&C's

if you can buy locally that would be the ideal scenario but if your set on the 2 year warranty then either sateuropa or redapple would be the ideal UK candidates

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by terayon00 View Post
    I am looking at ordering the Solo 2 from Sat Europa, but cannot understand how they offer 2 yrs warranty against everyone else 1 year. The other reason I am ordering off Sat Europa is that WOS do not have any in stock at the moment, which is a shame because they sent me a promo code for ?5 off and they offer a Free HDMI Cable ( i don't have one spare at the moment) and they will flash the box for me to Vix image as I don't have the time at the moment to do it myself.

You get your 2 year warranty because the seller is selling you an European (not UK) box. The rest of Europe enjoys transparent 2 year warranty. In the UK you can sometimes argue the case, but the law is not on your side. The sale of goods act states that goods must be fit for purpose. In theory in front of a Judge you could easily state that a SOLO2 should last for more than 12 months. The reality is that if your supplier digs in their heels there is not much that you can do about it when dealing with a box manufactured outside of the EU. Personally if the goods were manufactured in the EU, and the goods were bought in UK and retailer was not being helpful after 12 month warranty, I would approach manufacturer. It will very rarely be worth the effort to take a retailer to court, but it is possible to initiate a claim in the small claims court for very little money. You would then be up against lawyers representing the retailer concerned. It's bad for business from their point of view, and that might have some bearing on their attitude when they receive the claim.
    Last edited by Lyrrad; 9th February, 2013 at 02:32 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I used this fact to get an extra year bundled with my solo 2. Let's hope I never need it! O:-)

Sent from my F9S using Tapatalk HD

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

dont know what pulsat are like but they do the solo2 for ?300.90 with a free hdmi lead and a 8gb flash drive

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,742 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by griff View Post
    dont know what pulsat are like but they do the solo2 for ?300.90 with a free hdmi lead and a 8gb flash drive

Never used them but any retailer saying you get a free HDMI lead state it as if they are giving you one out of there own stock so to speak when its actually already inside the box, The price and the free 8gb flash drive is a nice touch though cant ever say i have used pulsat though some other members may have

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    550 Posts

i always upgrade my hdmi cable to a better one

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,742 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cactikid View Post
    i always upgrade my hdmi cable to a better one
    Why? have you ever read the HDMI Cable Myth Busted been around for years, Using old analogue technology then a better cable would yield better results but in the Digital age this is not true anymore

V.I.P. Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    550 Posts

maybe i cannot argue but a clearer sharper picture i can get when i change from the supplied cables with boxes and can make a good box better.
    it is the same with the old skool ?1 scart lead ,replace it with a better one will give a sharper picture with less spotting.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,742 Posts

What did i just say above Analogue as in Scart,Phono etc.. suffered with cheap leads so an investment in better quality Grade cable to transfer analogue was needed with HDMI a ?2 1m Lead will perform the same as 1m ?99 lead as it transmits a pure digital signal.

Without going into a lengthy explanation read about D/A converters in Household appliances and everything will be clearer

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Ordered sun received it tues. with a 8gig flash drive which was good for flashing the box and now holds epg. All good for ?300, was going to get off WOS but they are on a break for a couple of wks.
    Very impressed with the box, defo a good upgrade from a dm800 pvr which now sits in the bedroom

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12