Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Skybox F3 (Wifi) Timeout, unable to connect Help Needed

Hi Everyone,

I got one of these boxes today and everything is working and set up apart from one thing.. I got a official Skybox WIFI dongle and have been trying to connect via wifi for hours now.

I've tried changing routers, tried WEP, tried WPA2. and also WPA2 Only

Tried changing the password to just numbers and then tried changing to just letters. Still doesn't work. everytime i try to connect it says CONNECTING and then after 1-2 minutes it comes up with WIFI Timeout, unable to connect!!

This thing is driving me crazy, I've searched the forum and found a similar thread and tried all the solutions in there and still no joy. :-(

I would be really grateful if someone could help with any suggestions. Thanks guys!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

To test, try putting your Box right next to your Wifi router, does it connect then?

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    147 Posts

I've had one or two boxes give me time outs.

First I connected with ethernet and then changed to wifi, it usually kicked in then.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the replies, Well since then, I have reset my router and gone into the Lan settings, Changed the WPA2 key to 8 numbers and also changed it to WPA2 only. Then tried it again a few times... and to my surprise it actually connected.

Ho[efully it wont give me any problems now.

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

The F3 is a good HD box for the money, but the WIFI side is riddled with bugs.......just look at all the WIFI Connection problems in this and other forums.

Your best bet is to hard wire back to the router, failing that then the power network plugs would be the next best thing to use, they cost about ?30 but work well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Default F3 connection problems

Had problems connecting through wifi (timing out all the time) until i removed the wifi dongle, reboot box and then reinsert wifi dongle with stb on works perfect might help

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Same shite here!! Any other answers?