Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Angry DM500 can't be detected

Hi bros,

Need some help and advise!

Recently my wife was mopping the floor while the DM500 dream box is showing. She accidentally pushed the switch cable wire which interrupted the electric supply to the dream box.

She re-plug in the switch again but it doesn't work anymore. In the past, when we plug in the main supply switch, I noticed the power light will be in red and after awhile turn green and TV will detect the signal.

Now, the power light just stay green and TV couldn't pick up any signal. Please advise how I can get it working again!

I tried to unplug and plug in the cable again but the light is always green..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

try a different psu m8 , any 12v 1.0 amp psu will do i've used one's off the christmas lights worked a treat

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You mean another power source?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by brianzhang View Post
    Hi bros,

Need some help and advise!

Recently my wife was mopping the floor while the DM500 dream box is showing. She accidentally pushed the switch cable wire which interrupted the electric supply to the dream box.

She re-plug in the switch again but it doesn't work anymore. In the past, when we plug in the main supply switch, I noticed the power light will be in red and after awhile turn green and TV will detect the signal.

Now, the power light just stay green and TV couldn't pick up any signal. Please advise how I can get it working again!

I tried to unplug and plug in the cable again but the light is always green..
    That is the problem of DM500. You cannot just on and off. You must put in standby model (Red) then proper shut down. Try to do a reflash of the Dm500. You can check on the sticky how to reflash the image. But you never backup the magic file. Then too bad..

Link for downloading the img file. Must FTP the magic file. The image without magic file.

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums...ml#post1853905
    Last edited by Logger; 30th January, 2013 at 05:23 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

psu = power supply unit

they often get damaged or burn out most common fault .

always worth checking before flashing as flashing erases all