Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default new to forum and wanted some info on Eurovox

hey im thinking of getting a HD eurovox, ive only found out about them today so i know nothing about them
    was wondering if u get one would i get all the channels like skyports etc for free?
    many thanks

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

if your in a cable area - which i assume you are - yes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

yes thats correct
    i have virgin media downstairs so i presume i get a splitter from that to upstairs right?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

okay so ive done abit of searching on the forum and come up with some good results and just need someone to back me up and say if im right or wrong on these( bare in mind i havnt got one of these yet, just a step-by-step guide for when i do):
    i have v!rgin media cable downstairs, so i should buy a spliter and put the cable through ceiling into my room and into the eurovox
    then when i update firmware i got alot of channels including sky sports 123 ect
    undetectable from v!gin media unless they physically see it,
    it doesnt cost for new firmware codes?

also another question is about the Eurovox EX7000HD is this worth ?189.99
    plus will i benifit anything from the HD, i do have a hd tv btw
    which box would be best

any answers are welcome and very much apreciated

oh and HI everyone
    great forum here

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

JJ you can rig up your box as suggested. alternatively you could split before it comes into your house and run it up the outside wall to make it a little tidier. it will work either way.

you will get all channels but you do not get vod (video on demand). you can actually pick up films that are ordered in your area but its highly unlikely you will be able to scan a film that someone has been ordered exactly when you intend watching it. you do however get all the sports ppv events.

is the box worth it? for an hd box it seems to me a fair price in comparison to its competitors. If your box isnt hd you wont be able to pick up hd channels. The fact that your tv is hd is irrelevant you need a box that will stream hd content.

if you are not fussed about hd then and you are after a plug and play box a kryptview is imo the best on the market. they all do a very similar job though so whatever you buy should represent excellent value for money. if you are willing to go for a linux receiver a dreambox is the best bet.

as long as your box is supported then any software updates are free.

if and when vm move to nagra 3 (a while yet imo) your box may be a door stopper. i reckon you will get your moneys worth though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

okay thanks alot mate
    erm,, well really i not too fussed about HD channels but id like to watch normal channels in hdmi preferably and the Eurovox EX7000 supports hdmi
    i dont know about any other providers yet as ive only researched on Eurovox