Register
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Bedroom tax 2

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

As I said in the first thread...

There is no right or wrong on this. Whatever new policy is put forward, there are people who will support it, and there will be people who do not support. If nothing is done then someone has to pay, and its usually the working tax payer as this is where a lot of the revenue is generated from.

At its basic level the proposal is sound. If you are claiming for more than you require then you should pay for it. The benefit system was invented to support claimants through the hard ship and provide for basic requirements. It is not there to support anything over and above this basic requirement.

There is a huge potential to get this wrong, and could cause a lot of people financial hardship, so it should only be relevant to new claimants, so that they understand what they are getting in too.

I agree with the prinicipal that if you are claiming, you should only receive enough to cover your basic requirements. If you want more than this, then you will have to pay for it however you can.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    236 Posts

It's amazing how the Tories are so good at 'Rule & Divide' or as at this moment in time, Private v Social Housing. I'm waiting on the next question the Tories will raise like "Why should Private Tenants receive more housing benefit than Social Tenants?" Emmm.. or maybe not when they realise it may affect their Tory landlord followers......

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,083 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bonus2010 View Post
    It's amazing how the Tories are so good at 'Rule & Divide' or as at this moment in time, Private v Social Housing. I'm waiting on the next question the Tories will raise like "Why should Private Tenants receive more housing benefit than Social Tenants?" Emmm.. or maybe not when they realise it may affect their Tory landlord followers......
    Simple they play on the greed of those who look down their noses at anyone who earns or gets less than them. The wannabies who think they're better than anyone else. Everyone knows a few of them.... they can usually be spotted saying how all the unemployed and sick people are scroungers who aren't sick and should get a job or that immigrants are to blame for everything.
    My master plan is to live forever..... going to plan so far
    Despite the cost of living, it's still very popular.
    No good deed goes unpunished....

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    236 Posts

You know we've got the problems with social housing benefits and also that of private housing benefits... The trouble for me is of course with those who have mortgages.... You see, if it weren't for the fact that the government have embarked on "quantitive easing", i.e. printing money, the interest rates would be considerably higher. When a government prints money it devalues all that we have worked for... I'd prefer not QE and instead prefer much higher base interest rates.. The trouble is, with higher interset rates, those folks that think they are more responsible than HB claimants and who have mortgaes would be out on their arse

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

I think you'll find it's not the Tories that are trying to divide and conquer between the unemployed and employed.

I don't think I know any one that supports any party that wakes up every morning saying ' I can't wait to leave the house every morning so that I can pay 31% of my wages to the tax man. 51% once your wages go over ?30,000. So glad I have to pay all my own housing costs including council tax. etc.

More like the're going to say 'that bas@ard next door stays in his bed all day. Gets his accomodation and council tax, food, money for cigarettes, does what he wants as he's no boss, works on the side, goes to the bookies and always has money for the pub. Can afford a computer, mobile phone etc and he's never worked a day in his life. He'll get the same pension as me and the same standard of care in old age. Why the fnu@ do I bother working?

I know this is just generalisation but realistically and hand on heart these are the only ones that are unemployed that I know. Out of the 7 close mates that I know who are unemployed everyone ticks the above box. You only have to listen to some of the unemployed on the TV moaning that they caN't afford to feed themselves, then you look around and see other unemployed walking around in designer gear, smoking, sky TV, in the pub all day, season tickets for their football team and yet overweight. Call me old fashioned but surely if they don't get enough money they'd be none of them with any of the above.

I know there are sick and elderly people out there who are genuinely suffering and I'd gladly give my money to them as they are helpless but any healthy person of working age should have to pay there way even if it's providing subsidised manual labour. Under no circumstances should they work for any national chain though.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Strange how a lose of benefit to pay for what a lot of hard working people would love ,
    a spare bed room has become a tory tax on the poor under employed.
    Sad thing is the only person on here that knows what is going on has been silenced on this thread

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

I think the government should cut the unemployment benefits so every worker can have a bigger car than they really need. Maybe an extra room that they don't need. Sounds pretty pathetic if the workers asked for this doesn't it even though the money would be coming from them anyway.

Why do you never hear the unemployed saying ' I'm not paying anything into the country so I'm sooooo gratefull that there are people out there working hard so I can at least have a roof over my head and enough money to feed and clothe myself. I can't wait to get into work so I can support my fellow unemployed ? '

It's not about hammering those who have nothing. It's about trying to spread it out to those that need it most.

I'm happy to give some of my wages to support those less fortunate than me. I know life can change at the drop of a hat and I've been there and had to work bloody hard to get where I am today.

If my tax can be used to help someone else get a foot on the ladder I'll give it happily. What pisses me off is giving my money to the real scroungers. Not the unemployed but the ones who pop sprogs out to such an extent they'll never get a job as it doesn't pay.
    We've now got generations of families who have never had a family member in work. The country can't continue to fund this lifestyle.

It's not the workers that's causing the country to run out of money and cut benefits. It's the amount on benefits increasing. The bedroom tax is an additional burden on the unemployed and it's meaning the're going to have to decide where they prioritise spending their money. It's the same for the worker. You think you've got your pension sorted and planned, then wallop. The government decide you're not getting it for a few more years and as you've grafted your tits off all your life and saved up you're no longer entitled to got benefit X yet your next door neighbour who has never worked a day in their life get it. Where's the justice in that ?

Top Poster +
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

So when all these people who have a spare room can not pay what they going to do take them to court,that never worked with the poll tax and will not work now,and if u let a spare room there just class u as living together and that will make a mess off that.If u have a 3 bedroom and want a 2 bedroom that not work as there is not any around plus people dont have the money to move.people who pay there bills all the time will not be able to as they just dont have the money to cover it and the ones that dont bother to pay there water rates etc will take no notice off this and the courts will fill up with them,so in the end this will just cost the tax payer even more and be a big mess.the local councils will just get bogged down and so will the courts.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

if you had a spare room and decided to let it out to your boyfriend/girlfriend who you are already living with - but not suppose to be

we all know this goes on
    how they going to decide - if they are living together - or just sharing ???

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jordigirl View Post
    if you had a spare room and decided to let it out to your boyfriend/girlfriend who you are already living with - but not suppose to be

we all know this goes on
    how they going to decide - if they are living together - or just sharing ???
    well people grass and then they spy on you to confirm it one way or another and the first you'd know about it is a knock on the door from the rozzers.
    Syntax Error : Integer Out Of Range

Hooray For Tits & Fannies

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

who's the rozzers???

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

the polizei jo
    Fave replies from various threads

1: What the fff is all that about??? All that crap below your reply I mean, get a life mate
    2: no info on google abt the pace sv5 rang asda they have no idea what i was talking about,
    3: Your total contribution to this forum, bordering on trolling, seems to have been a collection of snipes, one liners & asterisked expletives

Top Poster +
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

He or she does not need to be your partner to be living together and thats how the dwp work it now so there is not any thing to prove any more,people do need a kick up the back side just like a guy who lives near me his never had a job and is over 40 told me he can not work because off a bad back but he can walk back from car boot sales with loads off bags and walk back with his shopping from tescos he cuts his own grass etc even seen him carry a cooker and these are the sort off people they need to sort out the ones that dont want to or have never had a job. But this bedroom tax is not the right way to go about it.It can take up to 2 years for some to find a job thats the ones that really want to work its not easy any more,and if u lost your job tomorrow u would be treated the same as they are or even worse than them.Se i kind off thought if u pay tax or ni for years then lost your job u would be ok to claim for a while to help find a job etc but u got things like the work programme private companies making loads from it and not helping,to me this is all about lets blame the poor for the mess we are in and not the real ones who r to blame ho were even make some money out off it and look good.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,083 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snowy79 View Post
    The bedroom tax is an additional burden on the unemployed and it's meaning the're going to have to decide where they prioritise spending their money.
    So they move out of the house they have into where? A 1 up 1 down Kelloggs box? maybe an extra box if they're disabled and can't climb stairs? If it's about money, and I doubt it is, then the rent should be capped at a legal maximum - for everyone, not just those in receipt of, which doesn't only affect the unemployed, but those on sick and those who are working but don't make enough money.

I've printed better legislation on Andrex after using the toilet.

Personally I think they should stop:

All family allowance
    All child tax credit
    All childcare allowances

If people can't afford a condom they sure as hell can't afford kids!!! so they need to prioritise where their money is spent, condom or starving.... I don't think that btw, however if it fits one group, why should those that sneer down their noses get the above 3 benefits?
    Last edited by GastonJ; 13th February, 2013 at 06:51 PM.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,083 Posts

Yes that'll make it difficult for those living in cardboard boxes to keep dry. Maybe they should issues those who are poorer in society with carrier bags to put over their heads to keep them dry and end their benefits. Two in one

What say you, you bigoted Tory voters, plastic bags to keep them dry?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast