Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,091 Posts

Default New Plans To Crack Down On Police Corruption

New plans to crack down on corruption in police forces are expected to be announced by the Home Secretary Theresa May later today.

Under the rules, officers with a history of sexual or financial misconduct will not be able to become chief constables.

All officers will also have to register on a public website any gifts and hospitality they receive.

The newly formed College of Policing will be asked to draw up a code of practice for vetting applicants for the post of chief constable and deputy to avoid cases where applicants fail to disclose sex harassment claims.

The move follows a series of high-profile scandals, including the police cover-up of their role in the Hillsborough disaster, the phone-hacking affair, and the row over police claims that former Tory chief whip Andrew Mitchell called an officer a "pleb".

Link: New Plans To Crack Down On Police Corruption - Yahoo! News UK
    Tools owned: Hammer, Chisel, Crowbar, Punch, Chainsaw, Cutter and Brain!!!

Did you know People will question all the good things they hear about you but believe all the bad without a second thought.

Note:
    All information given is to be used for educational purposes only and should not be taken seriously.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,091 Posts

This is the rule of law on criminality?? Police officers with a history of sexual misconduct will not be able to be a Chief Constable but will still be a police officer on duty very interesting!!!!

Did you know People will question all the good things they hear about you but believe all the bad without a second thought.

Note:
    All information given is to be used for educational purposes only and should not be taken seriously.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by super jumbe View Post
    This is the rule of law on criminality?? Police officers with a history of sexual misconduct will not be able to be a Chief Constable but will still be a police officer on duty very interesting!!!!

I think most of them would have thought it was a qualification for the job...................
    I know you believe you understand what you think i said

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> BUT <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
    I am not sure you realise that what you heard is not what i meant !

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Political correctness is the cancer eating away at all professions. Even the Pope has given up in despair. Censorship everywhere.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    233 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chalky 4 View Post
    Political correctness is the cancer eating away at all professions. Even the Pope has given up in despair. Censorship everywhere.
    It's certainly a point worthy of discussion...but what on earth has got it to do with the topic Police corruption?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    94 Posts

This makes it look like the problem just lies at the very top of the tree. Corruption is rife at every level in the police. The amount of complaints to the police complaints commission is at record high.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,091 Posts

Originally Posted by nara
    It's certainly a point worthy of discussion...but what on earth has got it to do with the topic Police corruption?

It did not take long for some to forget the news of the world phone hacking scandal, if this is not corruption what is???

Note:

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    233 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by super jumbe View Post
    Originally Posted by nara

It did not take long for some to forget the news of the world phone hacking scandal, if this is not corruption what is???
    Please read posts properly before replying with nonsense SJ

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Police corruption is nothing new it always have been and always will be in some form or other. Like getting special discounts from suppliers etc, turn a blind eye to mates .
    When I was young the saying was if you are away for a few days and wife is home alone don't tell the vicar,if you are all away on holiday don't tell the local copper

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    156 Posts

Tory retribution for getting their chief whip sacked maybe ?

all police and government are corrupt to the core as bobwill and johnboy1974 have pointed out

IMHO prolific corruption from the bottom up to the very top !!!
    Last edited by racin-snake; 12th February, 2013 at 09:05 PM.
    Today is the Tomorrow you worried about yesterday ......Was it worth it ?

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    113 Posts

the police have no reason to feel special
    corruption is rife in nearly every walk of life.
    it is the power in the hands of a minority who become power pished when left with what they consider to be no one to answer to.

who polices the police?????

like i said,every walk of life,the minority of untouchables who when questioned about their behaviour reply with a sneer and the threat of a big stick

we will always have bad apples in the crate

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,083 Posts

I couldn't possible comment on this, I've never got any points for speeding, dangerous driving, drunk driving, never had my drugs confiscated the the brothel I run has never been so busy. My mate the chief constable was debating this the other day between our snorts of coke and he thinks that the investigation is a waste of time and would deflect from his time spent with the hookers I send round.

He did say he was sure it was nothing to do with any MP being accused of swearing at police officers doing their job, no matter what the swearword was, or that the MP is a mate of Daves, honestly.
    My master plan is to live forever..... going to plan so far
    Despite the cost of living, it's still very popular.
    No good deed goes unpunished....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

Isnt corruption just a normal human trait born from love of money doesnt matter whether rich or poor

It goes on in every workplace i have ever worked

It goes on in the street with benefit fraud, its got that good now some people dont even class it as fraud its just normal

Cash in hand workers, Self employed workers 5 for me one or none for taxman

Corruptions rife everywhere doesnt make it right but in life people generally take whatever they can get, especially if they feel they wont be caught or see other people doing it,

Why are police going to be any different?

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    498 Posts

When you are in a position of power you have a duty and obligation to lead others by example. Everything has to become more transparent for the future. ie We actually have folk in the powerful positions that give a xxxx. You are born with your word and you die with it. Just how good it was is actually up to yourself.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DOUGALMCD View Post
    When you are in a position of power you have a duty and obligation to lead others by example. Everything has to become more transparent for the future. ie We actually have folk in the powerful positions that give a xxxx. You are born with your word and you die with it. Just how good it was is actually up to yourself.
    I know we expect them not to be thats not in question

But can you really expect too many people to turn their nose up at a few grand pocket money in bungs or whatever for the sake of turning a blind eye

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast