Register
Page 1 of 48 12345611 ... LastLast
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Question Bedroom tax, new thread !

I would like some feedback on how people feel about the bedroom tax and ONLY the bedroom tax, I notice the other threads tend to drift from one thing to another, but I wish to keep this to the bedroom tax ONLY !

Please tell anything you want, your problems, the amount of money its going to cost you, how many rooms etc, only if you want to that is.

I am gathering evidence and this would be handy as I will and am taking the council to court by doing it the proper way.

I.E - making sure people keep the money aside until it is needed if case's fail etc, if they do then I dont care, but its worth a try.

The money will be there to cover it and the court fee's will be sorted too.

The more info I have the better, I know there is many protests going to happen thats already well known, but I need to know more about the legal in's and out's. Thats all.

If your just going to post silly posts please dont, I say that with respect.

Thank you for your time if you wish to comment.
    Last edited by Saltire; 29th June, 2013 at 03:19 AM. Reason: edited , spelling and grammer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Saltire View Post
    I would like some feedback on how people feel about the bedroom tax and ONLY the bedroom tax, I notice the other threads tend to drift from one thing to another, but I wish to keep this to the bedroom tax ONLY !

Please tell anything you want, your problems, the amount of money its going to cost you, how many rooms etc, only if you want to that is.

I am gathering evidence and this would be handy as I will and am taking my council to court by doing it the proper way.

I.E - keeping the money aside until it is needed if my case fails, if it does then I dont care, but its worth a try.

The more info I have the better, I know there is many protests going to happen thats already well known, but I need to know more about the legal in's and out's. Thats all.

I have a couple of properties but this is a rented one with 1 spare room I refer to and they want ?50 per month just for that, even though the room is a gym and not a bedroom, but that doesnt matter, I know all the stuff about this but want the publics feeling on this and anything else they can add.

First and foremost i would ask why you have property and a council house?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I am gathering evidence and this would be handy as I will and am taking my council to court by doing it the proper way.

I.E - keeping the money aside until it is needed if my case fails, if it does then I dont care, but its worth a try.

I have a couple of properties but this is a rented one with 1 spare room I refer to and they want ?50 per month just for that, even though the room is a gym and not a bedroom, but that doesnt matter, I know all the stuff about this but want the publics feeling on this and anything else they can add.

Are you a landlord or involved in property, just seems a strange post mate?
    A think the public feeling is reflected here at DK, it looked to me that it was mixed views on the tax, a don't see how peoples views will help in a legal case.
    If your going to court it might cost you a fortune so a big bag of cash will be handy, either that or you will need to hunt down and find Petrocelli, that won't be easy as he has never been the same since he burnt his house down after spiking his root beer with 5grams of Amphetamine and 2 acid tabs...
    "Windows - A thirty-two bit extension and GUI shell to a sixteen bit patch to an eight bit operating system originally coded for a four bit microprocessor and sold by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition."

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    498 Posts

There are numerous people out there who are getting properties paid for now and the house is too large for them but the other side of the coin is there are no suitable alternatives for them to move to so the government come up with a scheme to force you to move to somewhere or some place you might not like or pay. House owners should be aware that if the government get away with this they will just implement it across the board. ie a whole new tax.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DOUGALMCD View Post
    There are numerous people out there who are getting properties paid for now and the house is too large for them but the other side of the coin is there are no suitable alternatives for them to move to so the government come up with a scheme to force you to move to somewhere or some place you might not like or pay. House owners should be aware that if the government get away with this they will just implement it across the board. ie a whole new tax.
    Is it a tax??

I thought it was a reduction in housing benefit

If you live in private rented you only get paid for what is required and its always been like that

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Question

, thanks for your posts so far and your curiosity into the if's but's and why's etc, I can see how that looks, but dont worry about that, let me deal with that.

I am taking them to court or they will take me to court (same difference, you know what I mean).

They are getting brought before a court and thats that as I explained in my first post.

I guess I will need to start at the lower end of the courts and work my way up, I.E Sheriff court first, then supreme court in London and if they fail its european court of human rights, isnt it ?

step by step ?

I think you'll find theres 1000's of people doing the same thing, if you feel something, even a government policy is unfair then you have the legal right to bring it before a court, will be hard getting a lawyer to take the case I would Imagine, so I would guess we would representing ourselves or I could call on the help of an old friend who is ex lawyer and was once a prosecuter for the courts back in the 70's, he may or may not want to get involved, Ive not asked yet, this is just something that I have decided to do over the past couple of days.

p.s
    in Scotland there is only two courts and thats the sheriff court and then above that is the high court where you would go if you were getting jailed for murder or summit like that, you see ?
    Last edited by Saltire; 20th February, 2013 at 08:18 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

, thanks for your posts so far and your curiosity into the if's but's and why's etc, I can see how that looks, but dont worry about that, let me deal with that.

I am taking them to court or they will take me to court (same difference, you know what I mean).

They are getting brought before a court and thats that as I explained in my first post.

I guess I will need to start at the lower end of the courts and work my way up, I.E Sheriff court first, then supreme court in London and if they fail its european court of human rights, isnt it ?

step by step ?

p.s
    in Scotland there is only two courts and thats the sheriff court and then above that is the high court where you would go if you were getting jailed for murder or summit like that, you see ?

Whatever your doing sounds a bit dodgy, you have property but want to claim housing benefit

I dont get it but good luck

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Question

Quote Originally Posted by thered View Post
    Whatever your doing sounds a bit dodgy, you have property but want to claim housing benefit

I dont get it but good luck
    sounding a bit dodgy and being a bit dodgy are two different things, as I say, let me worry about that.

In this sh*thole of a country we live in we have the right to fight for our rights whatever way we like especially if we feel that something is just wrong.

Lets face it, this bedroom tax is so wrong even stevie wonder could see that.

p.s
    for all the nosey people wondering why this how that, it could easily be one of my familys houses I am talking about and not mine, does that maybe help you a bit with your noseyness ? LOL
    Last edited by Saltire; 20th February, 2013 at 08:15 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

p.s
    for all the nosey people wondering why this how that, it could easily be one of my familys houses I am talking about and not mine, does that maybe help you a bit with your noseyness ? LOL
    Sounds even more dodgy now

Sounds like the right to buy is being used and abused to get a few cheap houses, move in buy

rent out to family (free housing benefit pay for house)

get another house wait until a year whatever

Buy again move out rent to more family get a new house

Sounds like property building empire on housing benefit

A lot of Asians do this near me

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Question

Quote Originally Posted by thered View Post
    Sounds even more dodgy now

Sounds like the right to buy is being used and abused to get a few cheap houses, move in buy

rent out to family (free housing benefit pay for house)

get another house wait until a year whatever

Buy again move out rent to more family get a new house

Sounds like property building empire on housing benefit

A lot of Asians do this near me
    no mate, your wrong and I aint no asian either, I should have just explianed it proper from the start, I have properties, so do my family, one is going to get hammered with this unlawfull tax and thats it, instead of that I complicated matters with getting it all wrong in first post, .

Anyway, lawyers, as I said, I might need to fight this on my own as lawyers dont like to take on the big guns, but I have a secret weapon and I just hope he goes for it, and thats an old ex prosecutor and lawyer, but I havent even asked him yet as I am scared of the refusal, LOL.

You guys might think I am blowing smoke out my ar*e but I can assure you I'm not, I fully intend to see this all the way through or at least I come up against a brick wall.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,083 Posts

Hardly unlawful tax.

Anyway, even though it certainly won't affect me:

1) Why only impose it on easy targets?
    2) Why only impose it on council house tenants and housing association tenants?

That means people who receive benefits and live in private property aren't affected, wonder why - maybe it's because private landlords perhaps tend to vote Tory or Liberal? or that MP's rent out their first homes and make some cash back. Either way it's unfair to not impose it on all who receive benefits.

If the government had any **lox whatsoever, and really wanted to help everyone save money, they'd cap rents for all. That way they'd save on paying out too much benefits (which they claim is their goal) and *anyone* who rented a house would also be better off (we're all in this together???).

All they will succeed in doing is driving people who receive benefits out of council or housing association property into private 1 bedroom housing that will cost more in the long run. However the landlords will be rubbing their hands. Perhaps that's the goal, make their friends richer.
    My master plan is to live forever..... going to plan so far
    Despite the cost of living, it's still very popular.
    No good deed goes unpunished....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GastonJ View Post
    Hardly unlawful tax.

Anyway, even though it certainly won't affect me:

1) Why only impose it on easy targets?
    2) Why only impose it on council house tenants and housing association tenants?

That means people who receive benefits and live in private property aren't affected, wonder why - maybe it's because private landlords perhaps tend to vote Tory or Liberal? or that MP's rent out their first homes and make some cash back. Either way it's unfair to not impose it on all who receive benefits.

If the government had any **lox whatsoever, and really wanted to help everyone save money, they'd cap rents for all. That way they'd save on paying out too much benefits (which they claim is their goal) and *anyone* who rented a house would also be better off (we're all in this together???).

All they will succeed in doing is driving people who receive benefits out of council or housing association property into private 1 bedroom housing that will cost more in the long run. However the landlords will be rubbing their hands. Perhaps that's the goal, make their friends richer.
    Rent paid to private landlords already factors this in

You cannot and never have been able to move into a 3 or 4 bedroom house as a single or couple or one child family and get the full rent

Its always been assessed on what you need

My brother in law and his missus pay about ?120 a month towards there rent, council say they only need a 2 bedder as they have two lads if they had a girl as well they would get more towards it
    Last edited by thered; 20th February, 2013 at 09:25 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Indeed, so you could argue that this has been unfair to those people in private rental who have had to fork out this money for many years..

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,083 Posts

So they cap the rent benefit for private rentals to the same level as a council house? So if a council house in the area is ?70 a week, that's all they pay towards for private rented houses?
    My master plan is to live forever..... going to plan so far
    Despite the cost of living, it's still very popular.
    No good deed goes unpunished....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

actually some housing benefits to private landlords are capped cheaper than the council houses
    that's why a lot of private landlords don't rent to people claiming benefits,

Page 1 of 48 12345611 ... LastLast