Register
    Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default DM500HD, mount manager driving me insane!

Hi Guys,

New to DM500 but not dm800, so figured wouldn't be too bad to get a different box.

I have the channels set up fine and working, what i cannot get working is the Mount manager.

I have set up a standard user account on pc and mapped a drive to T: which is basically PC/e:/Timers

the T drive opens to reveal movies folder.
    How on earth do i tell the dreambox to see this though. I have added my PC in network browser.
    But where it says share name do i just type the folder ie Timers or the whole path?

if not there then in server share where it says export/hdd do i change this to the server path, feel like banging my head against the wall currently, please help? thanks

ally

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

update: got it working with the mount to my dm800, guess that's good enough for now. i might try add the pc at a later date.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

when you set the share up to your pc it will want an ip adress or did you miss that bit ?
    dm500hd -dm500hd v2-vu+duo- triax 1.1m - inverto lnb - technomate 2300 motor- linksys ddwrt router

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

placing ip address is an important part don't miss it my friend.