Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Default Doomsday movie review

Doomsday.
    Killer Virus devestates Scotland and it gets quaranteened. It is thought that everyone died. After 27years the virus appears in London.The big wigs in the goverment have known for 3 years that some people have survived in Glasgow due to sat pics. A special squad of soldiers are tasked to find out how there are still some survivors in Glasgow and bring back a cure.

The fight scenes near the begining are shot too quick. You don't get a chance to appreciate the violence. A posh spice lookalike is the leader of the special ops team. She is a super-dooper fighting machine. It then turns into a mixture of movies like Shaun of the Dead (without the humour) and Mad Max.
    Hair dye, gimp suits. pvc gear and fishnets are apparently still available in Glasgow after it has had no outside contact for 27 years and I wasn't sure whether to laugh or cry at the dancing Scotsmen.(I'm sure all non Scottish watchers will have a good laugh)
    The story is totally unbelievable, especially what she does at the end. The music is good and the film keeps you entertained all the way through. I'd give it 7/10.

Anyone wanting a proper review can go here.
    http://www.contactmusic.com/new/film...views/doomsday

The Falkirk Wheel. The only rotating boat lift of its kind in the world

Admin Assistant
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

@dreamer, very professional, don't suppose you have seen 'Charlie Wilson's War' (or whatever it is called)?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

@Cavey Sorry I didn't see that one.

The Falkirk Wheel. The only rotating boat lift of its kind in the world

Admin Assistant
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Me too, I liked the look of it when it came out but was to bone idle to get of my arse and go to the flicks to see it. I am waiting for it to appear on my epg. Just was curious on whether i would be wasting my time, but Tom Hanks normally does a good film.

Forrest Gump rules.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
    Doomsday.
    Killer Virus devestates Scotland and it gets quaranteened. It is thought that everyone died. After 27years the virus appears in London.The big wigs in the goverment have known for 3 years that some people have survived in Glasgow due to sat pics. A special squad of soldiers are tasked to find out how there are still some survivors in Glasgow and bring back a cure.

The fight scenes near the begining are shot too quick. You don't get a chance to appreciate the violence. A posh spice lookalike is the leader of the special ops team. She is a super-dooper fighting machine. It then turns into a mixture of movies like Shaun of the Dead (without the humour) and Mad Max.
    Hair dye, gimp suits. pvc gear and fishnets are apparently still available in Glasgow after it has had no outside contact for 27 years and I wasn't sure whether to laugh or cry at the dancing Scotsmen.(I'm sure all non Scottish watchers will have a good laugh)
    The story is totally unbelievable, especially what she does at the end. The music is good and the film keeps you entertained all the way through. I'd give it 7/10.

Anyone wanting a proper review can go here.
    http://www.contactmusic.com/new/film...views/doomsday
    you can watch it here http://www.free-tv-video-online.info/internet/movies/

Admin Assistant
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Ta, will give it a try later. I can't be arsed downloadin these days, got so much crap from the sites i was using I gave up. Always willing to try something else though... Just left it to my colleague as he did not have social life and just downloaded stuff all night long from newz groups etc.

Fanks again..

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by caveman_nige View Post
    Ta, will give it a try later. I can't be arsed downloadin these days, got so much crap from the sites i was using I gave up. Always willing to try something else though... Just left it to my colleague as he did not have social life and just downloaded stuff all night long from newz groups etc.

Fanks again..

Check this thread Cavey for decent torrents INVITE
    Also Doomsday isn't half bad got the Region 5 version the other day think its still on my seed box??, and charlie wilsons war is OK too pretty funny in places but Julia Robert looks terrible in it, but you do get some insight into how inefectual (DUMB) the American administration is well from the eighties anyway, oh pardon me get Lions fo Lambs and see just how dumb they can be today!!!!!!!! Fancy putting a scientologist in office!!!!
    Ahhhhh the aliens are coming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers

Jocky

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Thanks for the review, I like the sound of that I'm off to grab it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

doomsday is another modern british horror film, made me think of dog soldiers and 28 days/weeks later.

if you like those it might be worth a watch through